Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Obama will go down as exceptional president

You know nothing about me.. For the record. I have no "hang ups." You want to discuss race? By all means let's....

I just tried you just told me, I'm playing race the card. Now you want to discuss, so , let's step back do you disagree with the research that states humans have inherent racial bias like the knife experiment I just pointed out.

Again, I suggest you read the article before you continue in the topic. Because the exact conversation it stated would happen , just did.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/?c=&page=1

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
It all has to do with the way we are socialized. I had a Socioogy professor do an unbelieveable demomstrate on how differently the sexes are socialized. She made mention of somethings that women are always going to be able to do better than men, which brought a few chuckles from the men in the class.

During the next class session. she set us up and had one of the graduate assistants knock on the classroom door, walk in and say, sorry to disturb you but there's a 1975 chevy brown nova, with cragar wheels, thrush mufflers....etc.. (real detailed on the car) with its lights on, and then leave.

Then she told everyone in the class to write down an exactly description of the graduate assistant and what he said. We handed the papers in and the women in class were able to describe the graduate assistant to a tee, including what he was wearing, hair style..etc.., but failed miserable on the description and details of the car. The men in the class had the description and details of the car down to a tee, but failed miserable on a description of the graduate assistant.

Yes, I agree , which is why inherently Obama would come under a different set of scrutiny than other presidents. Like the knife experiment we are taught or socialized to be more open to the idea that the black person was holding the knife while the white guy was unarmed. Even the blacks asked were more likely to choose the black guy. In the same vain people inherently will be more open to the idea of mistrusting Obama.

Even though I pointed out that by all metrics Obama did better with his recession than Reagan, it's simply harder for people to accept that this is the case. Even though it is, the graph experiment at Dartmouth was telling , even, when people were shown the job numbers while looking right at them they still stated Obama lost jobs.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the same logic you applied to our choice of phone. We are all not of aware of why we make our own choice but you are aware of these reasons and therefore you know what we all should think instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

This is the same logic you applied to our choice of phone. We are all not of aware of why we make our own choice but you are aware of these reasons and therefore you know what we all should think instead.

Incorrect, I stated that many people chose phone for xYZ reason,

And pointed to the research of Simon Sinek, specifically on the success of Apple

I don't talk in absolutes because absolutes are very hard to scientifically prove.

1 + 1= 2, we all accept its true, but trying to prove its always true is actually pretty hard.

But you and I are digressing and using what's known in rhetoric as a strawman argument, let's continue on the topic which was racE and Obama and its effect on how people view him.

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Incorrect, I stated that many people chose phone for xYZ reason,

And pointed to the research of Simon Sinek, specifically on the success of Apple

I don't talk in absolutes because absolutes are very hard to scientifically prove.

1 + 1= 2, we all accept its true, but trying to prove its always true is actually pretty hard.

But you and I are digressing and using what's known in rhetoric as a strawman argument, let's continue on the topic which was racE and Obama and its effect on how people view him.

Just trying to help with your theme here that you don't understand why despite your evidence many don't agree with your conclusions.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I just tried you just told me, I'm playing race the card. Now you want to discuss, so , let's step back do you disagree with the research that states humans have inherent racial bias like the knife experiment I just pointed out.

Again, I suggest you read the article before you continue in the topic. Because the exact conversation it stated would happen , just did.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/?c=&page=1

I said you're playing the race card!?! I said no such thing.. How dare you out words in my mouth!!!!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Just trying to help with your theme here that you don't understand why despite your evidence many don't agree with your conclusions.

Again, what is there to not understand , he argument isn't my own. Again it's the argument made by people who's job is to understand. Who study and research the subject, I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, but to disagree with the authoritive SMEs on the topic, I think requires more than the opinion of a forum poster. If you or anyone disagrees jus show the evidence and research stating that race does not have an impact on our views and more specifically how society views Obama as a whole.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I said you're playing the race card!?! I said no such thing.. How dare you out words in my mouth!!!!

You are correct that was the comments of BobPepe, my error, that was very easy for me, compelling evidence, rational conclusion. Your turn.

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Again, what is there to not understand , he argument isn't my own. Again it's the argument made by people who's job is to understand. Who study and research the subject, I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, but to disagree with the authoritive SMEs on the topic, I think requires more than the opinion of a forum poster. If you or anyone disagrees jus show the evidence and research stating that race does not have an impact on our views and more specifically how society views Obama as a whole.

But I already posted in depth on the original subject of the thread. You have since changed it to a discussion about race.

To borrow from the other thread where you invited a topic and then told us why we were all wrong.

The topic of the thread is:
"Why.... Something, something"
Not:
"Why Acadia11 thinks we .... Something, something"

It's a honey pot for trolling. Now I'm done.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

But I already posted in depth on the original subject of the thread. You have since changed it to a discussion about race.

To borrow from the other thread where you invited a topic and then told us why we were all wrong.

The topic of the thread is:
"Why.... Something, something"
Not:
"Why Acadia11 thinks we .... Something, something"

It's a honey pot for trolling. Now I'm done.

Ok man. That's it, it's trolling, many a discussion hit on many topics, but I'll help you with the link to the original comment if you've forgotten, "someone stated race is part of the reason Obama doesn't get the credit he deserves." So of course the topic will be further discussed. But it's ok, it's an easy out. Use the I (Acadia) must be trolling argument to try and deflect from not addressing a legitimate response as to part of the problem in acknowledging his, Obamas success. And I'll say it again to bring it all home, the guy will be remembered with some weird sort of nostalgia when it's all said end done, once out of office. And people will forget conversations like this ever took place. And it will be hilarious.

I think I'm going to now watch Ali, Olympic '96 torch bearing ceremony and remember how admired he was as a true American hero ... I think I saw Louis Farrakhan in the stands clapping him on.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Listen look up the definition of racism. Talking about race does not make you racist, and the fact that you feel it's not ok to talk says way more about your hang ups than mine.

Race is a factor in our lives, it's he ugly truth, denying it doesn't make it any less true, again, you can continue to use the tacit passive aggressive stance of proclaiming any discussion about race, as "playing the race" card, but guess what it won't shut me up. Nor calling me a racist will shut me up, I'm a realist and I have no issue accepting the world for what it is, and hoping to make it better. But ignoring , denying, proclaiming it all false when the evidence says the contrary makes you sound like those holocaust denialist. Research and science be dayumed , I'll simply choose to live in lala land and pretend human beings have miraculously changed thousands of years of conditioning and millions of evolution. I'm sorry you are simply wrong, don't deny it, prove your stance, prove your argument, cite studies that say the contrary it's very simple.

Except there hasn't been millions of years, just a few thousand. But that's another topic.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Except there hasn't been millions of years, just a few thousand. But that's another topic.

Wooow! Woooow!

Only a few thousand huh?

Wooow!

You know, a very wise human once said:

"Just because you don't believe something, does not make it untrue."

Educate yourself dude. Seek the truth. Make it your highest persute and you will do well.

You may not be happier, but you'll do well.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Wooow! Woooow!

Only a few thousand huh?

Wooow!

You know, a very wise human once said:

"Just because you don't believe something, does not make it untrue."

Educate yourself dude. Seek the truth. Make it your highest persute and you will do well.

You may not be happier, but you'll do well.

I am educated. I sought the truth, and read it on a daily basis.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I am educated. I sought the truth, and read it on a daily basis.

The millions of years theory goes along with the evolution crap, IMO. But, that's an argument that can't be won or proven either way. I know what I believe, and that's what matters to me.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

The millions of years theory goes along with the evolution crap, IMO. But, that's an argument that can't be won or proven either way. I know what I believe, and that's what matters to me.

Humans , homo sapien sapien, our species have been on the planet at most , a couple hundred thousand years, and started moving out of Africa about 50-60,000 years ago. We are not millions of years old , although hominids, our branch family is a few millions year old. Having split off from the line of that produced all apes (we are part of the great apes along with chimps, gorillas, and orangutans ) about 8 million years ago

And belief is fine, it doesn't make it fact. And I'm going to feed you here, evolution crap or not is the best mathematical model we have so far to explain speciation. We can test it, refine it, reform it, improve it, as we gain knowledge it's not based in belief, but grounded in proof, that's the great thing about science.

But this my friend is another topic. And I commend you.

Trolling is an art and not a science, and you my friend are an artist, it's a lost art but you should be applauded. The evolution bite was a bit too obvious but you are decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro