Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
False. There is both a sociological and evolutionary aspect to it. I suggest you read this article it better explains it. Although, babies themselves gravitate towards faces that look more like themselves. But yes, if children grow up in a mixed environment that natural fear that we have of something that may be foreign is lessoned.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/?cid=homepage-ob-gc&iref=obnetwork

An article on race from a news source, are you serious?

Cnn, Fox, and all of those for the matter have an agenda to generate views. News doesn't have to be truthful as ruled by the U.S. supreme court.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Obama will go down as exceptional president

An article on race from a news source, are you serious?

Cnn, Fox, and all of those for the matter have an agenda to generate views. News doesn't have to be truthful as ruled by the U.S. supreme court.

Who cares about article it's about the studies that the presented author cites. You are right ignore the news source but to dismiss the reference to the science studies is fool harder.

Also, if your statement is to dismiss a news source where do you get your information? Do you research every topic yourself. Did you interview witness, conduct your own field exams, read through the papers directly to get your news?

Finally, are you claiming this news article is false? So what the news does not have to be true, it does not mean the inverse that news is false, you must support such a claim by taking this article and countering it's evidence.

Last edited:

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about article it's about the studies that the presented author cites. You are right ignore the news source but to dismiss the reference to the science studies is fool harder.

Also, if your statement is to dismiss a news source where do you get your information? Do you research every topic yourself. Did you interview witness, conduct your own field exams, read through the papers directly to get your news?

Reputed scientist. Books, you know, they still make them.

Race matters only to the less educated. That's a fact.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Reputed scientist. Books, you know, they still make them.

Race matters only to the less educated. That's a fact.

And sociologist, scientist, and paychologist disagree, 50 years of research on the subject disagrees with you. Here is one example, Dartmouth you know an Ivy League institution disagrees with you. You have yet to bring any evidence to support your hypothesis, I'm waiting here's one of mine.

Ross cited a Dartmouth College survey where misinformed voters were presented with factual information that contradicted their political biases.

There were voters, for example, who were disappointed with President Obama's economic record and believed he hadn't added any jobs during his presidency. They were shown a graph of nonfarm employment over the prior year that included a rising line indicating about a million jobs had been added.

"They were asked whether the number of people with jobs had gone up, down, or stayed about the same," Ross wrote. "Many, looking straight at the graph, said down."

Ross says it's even more difficult to get smart people to admit bias.

"The smarter we are, the more self-confident we are, and the more successful we are, the less likely we're going to question our own thinking," Ross says.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
And sociologist, scientist, and paychologist disagree, 50 years of research on the subject disagrees with you. Here is one example, Dartmouth you know an Ivy League institution disagrees with you. You have yet to bring any evidence to support your hypothesis, I'm waiting here's one of mine.

Ross cited a Dartmouth College survey where misinformed voters were presented with factual information that contradicted their political biases.

There were voters, for example, who were disappointed with President Obama's economic record and believed he hadn't added any jobs during his presidency. They were shown a graph of nonfarm employment over the prior year that included a rising line indicating about a million jobs had been added.

"They were asked whether the number of people with jobs had gone up, down, or stayed about the same," Ross wrote. "Many, looking straight at the graph, said down."

Ross says it's even more difficult to get smart people to admit bias.

"The smarter we are, the more self-confident we are, and the more successful we are, the less likely we're going to question our own thinking," Ross says.

You would know race doesn't exist and is only a social construct. Every reputable scientist knows this.

?I do not believe in race as such. Race is a fraud. All modern people are the conglomeration of so many ethnic mixtures that no pure race remains.?-einstein

I'll take his words over any you produce.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogus!!

I am forced to agree with Hydrogen on this one. You can not like a POLITICIAN and not be a racist. They all fall short in some way. No reason race has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I am forced to agree with Hydrogen on this one. You can not like a POLITICIAN and not be a racist. They all fall short in some way. No reason race has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please read the article, it's entitled "the new racism without racist"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/?cid=homepage-ob-gc&iref=obnetwork

No one claimed if you didn't like a politician you must be racist , or that if you don't like Obama it's because he is black, and there couldn't be a million other reasons. The argument is simply this race influences how we view people , and basically anyone who is saying they are colorblind is ignoring all the research that says we are not. Your exact response it mentions and the main reason is because you assume racism is a conscious choice where someone is running around with a hood and burning a cross, and saying i hate n..... So I hate Obama, and I agree this type of racism is not a problem in the US these days , but subconscious biased that inherently humans have. Just as we have gender or weight biased, we have race biased. Which is the definition of racism. And this biased effects all people, black white or other. Finally, this isn't about agreeing with me , as I keep repeating this is researched and what scientist say on the subject

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You would know race doesn't exist and is only a social construct. Every reputable scientist knows this.

?I do not believe in race as such. Race is a fraud. All modern people are the conglomeration of so many ethnic mixtures that no pure race remains.?-einstein

I'll take his words over any you produce.

I agree it's a social construct , I don't understand how that changes its impact, on how we view people. Race has no biological meaning, be that as it may, people still socially try and categorize one another in this manner.

'Racism without racists'?
A A A (resize font)
(CNN) - In a classic study on race, psychologists staged an experiment with two photographs that produced a surprising result.

They showed people a photograph of two white men fighting, one unarmed and another holding a knife. Then they showed another photograph, this one of a white man with a knife fighting an unarmed African-American man.

When they asked people to identify the man who was armed in the first picture, most people picked the right one. Yet when they were asked the same question about the second photo, most people -- black and white -- incorrectly said the black man had the knife.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree it's a social construct , I don't understand how that changes its impact, on how we view people. Race has no biological meaning, be that as it may, people still socially try and categorize one another in this manner.

A A A (resize font)
(CNN) - In a classic study on race, psychologists staged an experiment with two photographs that produced a surprising result.

They showed people a photograph of two white men fighting, one unarmed and another holding a knife. Then they showed another photograph, this one of a white man with a knife fighting an unarmed African-American man.

When they asked people to identify the man who was armed in the first picture, most people picked the right one. Yet when they were asked the same question about the second photo, most people -- black and white -- incorrectly said the black man had the knife.

That's terrible. I agree with you on some points.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
In my experience people who make every thread about race......are racist them selfs... Every thread in the political section turns into a race debate.....

Sad if you think about it...

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I didn't vote for him and will NEVER vote for Hillary.... but if you don't think that race GOT him elected and also has hampered his tenure is naive... Racism is alive and well in the US and it isn't just the GOP, the DEMS play the race card every chance they get

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't vote for him and will NEVER vote for Hillary.... but if you don't think that race GOT him elected and also has hampered his tenure is naive... Racism is alive and well in the US and it isn't just the GOP, the DEMS play the race card every chance they get

Amen.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
In my experience people who make every thread about race......are racist them selfs... Every thread in the political section turns into a race debate.....

Sad if you think about it...

Listen look up the definition of racism. Talking about race does not make you racist, and the fact that you feel it's not ok to talk says way more about your hang ups than mine.

Race is a factor in our lives, it's he ugly truth, denying it doesn't make it any less true, again, you can continue to use the tacit passive aggressive stance of proclaiming any discussion about race, as "playing the race" card, but guess what it won't shut me up. Nor calling me a racist will shut me up, I'm a realist and I have no issue accepting the world for what it is, and hoping to make it better. But ignoring , denying, proclaiming it all false when the evidence says the contrary makes you sound like those holocaust denialist. Research and science be dayumed , I'll simply choose to live in lala land and pretend human beings have miraculously changed thousands of years of conditioning and millions of evolution. I'm sorry you are simply wrong, don't deny it, prove your stance, prove your argument, cite studies that say the contrary it's very simple.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I don't think I research, and base my proclamation on research of the people who study psychology and sociology, it's not my opinion it's the work of people who's job it is to understand human dynamics. And I saw what you did there.

This is the big difference between your opinion and my facts, my comments are not born of anger or some desire to deflect guilt. It's simply the stated research and supported claims of the people who study this topic.

Last edited:

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Listen look up the definition of racism. Talking about race does not make you racist, and the fact that you feel it's not ok to talk says way more about your hang ups than mine.

Race is a factor in our lives, it's he ugly truth, denying it doesn't make it any less true, again, you can continue to use the tacit passive aggressive stance of proclaiming any discussion about race, as "playing the race" card, but guess what it won't shut me up. Nor calling me a racist will shut me up, I'm a realist and I have no issue accepting the world for what it is, and hoping to make it better. But ignoring , denying, proclaiming it all false when the evidence says the contrary makes you sound like those holocaust denialist. Research and science be dayumed , I'll simply choose to live in lala land and pretend human beings have miraculously changed thousands of years of conditioning and millions of evolution. I'm sorry you are simply wrong, don't deny it, prove your stance, prove your argument, cite studies that say the contrary it's very simple.

You know nothing about me.. For the record. I have no "hang ups." You want to discuss race? By all means let's....

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

A A A (resize font)

It all has to do with the way we are socialized. I had a Socioogy professor do an unbelieveable demonstration on how differently the sexes are socialized. She made mention of somethings that women are always going to be able to do better than men, which brought a few chuckles from the men in the class.

During the next class session. she set us up and had one of the graduate assistants knock on the classroom door, walk in and say, sorry to disturb you but there's a 1975 chevy brown nova, with cragar wheels, thrush mufflers....etc.. (real detailed on the car) with its lights on, and then leave.

Then she told everyone in the class to write down an exactly description of the graduate assistant and what he said. We handed the papers in and the women in class were able to describe the graduate assistant to a tee, including what he was wearing, hair style..etc.., but failed miserable on the description and details of the car. The men in the class had the description and details of the car down to a tee, but failed miserable on a description of the graduate assistant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh