Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Obama will go down as exceptional president

Reagan tripled the debt during his presidency you don't remember him for that now do you. Really he has no real accomplishments Obama, do I need to go through the list again. By way remember when the country hated Medicare , yeah, me neither ... I guess those senior citizen republican voters need to be fighting to get rid of it. Oh wait .... They don't they now yell how the government should keep their hands off their Medicare. Also Obama still hasn't doubled the debt.

1) ended recession in 6 months taking office, U.S. economy has grown every quarter since June 2009, last quarter was strongest growth since 2003. Irony of the day Obamas recovery statistically has been better than Reagan, and Obamas recession was 3xs larger than reagans.

2) got Osama

3) saved us auto industry

4) passed a healthcare plan that people complain about it, yet people even republicans who have an ACA PLAN, 75% overwhelmingly are happy with it

5) highest Dow and s&p in US history

6) has lowered the deficit every year since 2010

7) record corporate profits

8) got out of two deficit killing wars

9) unemployment the lowest it's been since 2006, on target to be 4% by end of his presidency , 5%, he regained every job lost in the recession by end of 4 th year becoming a net job creator

10) managed to succeed inspite of fierce opposition from a right who would rather derail the U.S. Than see him succeed

1. The big difference there is Reagan increased the debt by 1.86 trillion where Obama has increased it by over 7 trillion, and we're not any better off for it.
2. Bin Laden: Any president would have continued what Bush started. Without that groundwork, Bin Laden would not have been found and killed. Obama did nothing except make the right decision on how the seals were to go in.
3. Saved the auto industry: That's a matter of opinion. Chevy and Chrysler are both doing better and are barely profitable today. But so is Ford, who refused Federal help. So who's to say what may have happened without government intervention? And you forget that Bush started the TARP ball rolling. Again, Obama just picked up where Bush left off.
4. Healthcare Plan (Obamacare): The big joke that was forced down everyone's throat. It's been nothing but a big mess. People liked what they had and now pay more for what they didn't want. I don't see this as an accomplishment. Many Americans say the law has affected them more negatively than positively. Seniors will be hurt the most.
Facts: The law cuts an estimated $716 billion from Medicare over ten years. However, these "savings" are not set aside to preserve Medicare's future, instead they are used to fund new spending created by the law. Nearly one-third of all seniors rely on Medicare Advantage, the private health care option in Medicare. Despite the program's growing enrollment and beneficiary satisfaction, Obamacare makes deep cuts to the program that jeopardize its viability in coming years. In addition to payment cuts, Obamacare imposes new taxes on drug companies and medical device makers, and new regulations that will make health care more costly for seniors.
5. Highest Dow and S&P: Most of the stock market growth in the last three years has occurred neither because of, nor in spite of, the president's policies. Most of the stock market recovery has reflected natural growth both here in the U.S. and abroad, where U.S. multinationals are expanding and economies are growing sometimes twice or three times faster than the U.S. Weak job growth has helped to keep labor costs down and improved profits. I hardly call that an Obama accomplishment. No more than I give Bush credit for the record high Dow under his watch.
6. Lower Deficit: See what can be accomplished when you cut spending? Kudos to Obama for the spending cuts the Republicans asked for. We need even more cuts.
7. Record Corporate Profits: This is basically the same as #5.
8. Out of 2 wars: And he should have. Any president should have done that. But Obama's foreign policy is still a mess. He's been weak and other nations have noticed. Not good!
9. Unemployment numbers: Most new jobs I see are part time jobs below 30 hours a week, so benefits like insurance won't have to be paid. Yep, that's an accomplishment if Obama.
10. Managed to succeed: At what? Vacations and Golf?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
And I'm saying historically the methods give way to results. Also, historically Obama uses less power then most presidents , but when he does , he makes it count. See Obamacare and now the immigration issue. His response was the right one, don't like it, pass a bill. Notice the GOP has been silent.

Also, there is no debate on recession, the U.S. Has not been in recession since July 2009, also the jobs argument is debunked, the jobs being created are sustainable long term employment, and the Gdp growth this year are growing at 4% which is one of fastest in industrialized world. And as measured by economist Obama has done better by objective measures than Reagan did with his recession. You can't have record stock , unemployment in 5% range, record profits, and try and remotely say economic trouble still exists it doesn't.

" Has not been in recession since July 2009"-- Tell that to the middle class, whose annual income has dropped about $7000 per year since Obama took office.

" the jobs being created are sustainable long term employment"-- Mostly part-time jobs, thanks in part to Obamacare.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

" Has not been in recession since July 2009"-- Tell that to the middle class, whose annual income has dropped about $7000 per year since Obama took office.

" the jobs being created are sustainable long term employment"-- Mostly part-time jobs, thanks in part to Obamacare.

Please cite your source, I call BS I just pulled up the chart, measures up until 2000-2014

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/Median-Household-Income-Update.php

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/...ousehold-income-monthly-median-since-2000.gif

Ps the definition of recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth, not the measurement of family income growth which can be related, being as for the last 3 decades we've moved away from policies of better distributing wealth in this country , you know wages for families have been stagnant. And this is true with or without recession and not caused by recession but the belief that somehow economies trickle down, they don't.

The second comment about only being part time jobs and it being related to Obamacare is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin to address this conflation of issues.

Last edited:

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe what I just read....Very Disturbing when circumventing the constitution is acceptable...This “is what happens when one is power-hungry and he (Obama) wants to take it all.. The president has constitutional powers, and we have shared governmental responsibility between the Senate and the House and the courts and the president, and that division has worked very well in our history. So suddenly you’ve got somebody who is power-hungry and he wants to take it all. There’s no question there’s got to be a challenge to this.

Suddenly???

Now that's what I call REVISIONIST HISTORY.

What about the massive changes and power grabs that we're passed under Bush/Cheney all in the name of National Security???

Have you even heard of the Patriot Act???

All Obama has done, for the most part, is continue laws already set in motion by the previous administration.

You need to actually read more and stop parroting things you've heard on TV.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
1. The big difference there is Reagan increased the debt by 1.86 trillion where Obama has increased it by over 7 trillion, and we're not any better off for it.
2. Bin Laden: Any president would have continued what Bush started. Without that groundwork, Bin Laden would not have been found and killed. Obama did nothing except make the right decision on how the seals were to go in.
3. Saved the auto industry: That's a matter of opinion. Chevy and Chrysler are both doing better and are barely profitable today. But so is Ford, who refused Federal help. So who's to say what may have happened without government intervention? And you forget that Bush started the TARP ball rolling. Again, Obama just picked up where Bush left off.
4. Healthcare Plan (Obamacare): The big joke that was forced down everyone's throat. It's been nothing but a big mess. People liked what they had and now pay more for what they didn't want. I don't see this as an accomplishment. Many Americans say the law has affected them more negatively than positively. Seniors will be hurt the most.
Facts: The law cuts an estimated $716 billion from Medicare over ten years. However, these "savings" are not set aside to preserve Medicare's future, instead they are used to fund new spending created by the law. Nearly one-third of all seniors rely on Medicare Advantage, the private health care option in Medicare. Despite the program's growing enrollment and beneficiary satisfaction, Obamacare makes deep cuts to the program that jeopardize its viability in coming years. In addition to payment cuts, Obamacare imposes new taxes on drug companies and medical device makers, and new regulations that will make health care more costly for seniors.
5. Highest Dow and S&P: Most of the stock market growth in the last three years has occurred neither because of, nor in spite of, the president's policies. Most of the stock market recovery has reflected natural growth both here in the U.S. and abroad, where U.S. multinationals are expanding and economies are growing sometimes twice or three times faster than the U.S. Weak job growth has helped to keep labor costs down and improved profits. I hardly call that an Obama accomplishment. No more than I give Bush credit for the record high Dow under his watch.
6. Lower Deficit: See what can be accomplished when you cut spending? Kudos to Obama for the spending cuts the Republicans asked for. We need even more cuts.
8. Out if 2 wars: And he should have. Any president should have done that. But Obama's foreign policy is still a mess. He's been weak and other nations have noticed. Not good!
9. Unemployment numbers: Most new jobs I see are part time jobs below 30 hours a week, so benefits like insurance won't have to be paid. Yep, that's an accomplishment if Obama.

1) you can not grow an Economy out of recession and cut spending. The increases in U.S. debt are a product of years of decisions not at all to do with Obama, it's not like he came into office and said I want trillion dollars worth of things, most all the debt was direct impact of reduced taxes, military spending, paying for Medicare. The projected debt for 2010 was 6 trillion, however it reached 12 and here was why, this idea that Obama went in some wild spending spree is complete and utter nonsense in fact he's been pretty frugal comparatively

The difference between the projected and actual debt in 2011, the budget office said, could be attributed largely to:

$3.5 trillion ? Economic changes (including lower than expected tax revenues and higher safety net spending due to recession)
$1.6 trillion ? Bush Tax Cuts (EGTRRA and JGTRRA), primarily tax cuts but also some smaller spending increases
$1.5 trillion ? Increased non-defense discretionary spending
$1.4 trillion ? Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
$1.4 trillion ? Incremental interest due to higher debt balances
$0.9 trillion ? Obama stimulus and tax cuts (ARRA and Tax Act of 2010)[48]

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
....The second comment about only being part time jobs and it being related to Obamacare is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin to address this conflation of issues.

It's because Fox News says it's so and that makes it undisputable. The owners of Applebees and Papa Johns have all voiced their concerns about Obamacare/ACA on Fox News, even though they have healthcare and live in million dollar homes, one with a golf course in his backyard, they can't afford to pay for healthcare for their employees, so that makes it undisputable.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

8. Out of 2 wars: And he should have. Any president should have done that. But Obama's foreign policy is still a mess. He's been weak and other nations have noticed. Not good!

2. We can't talk about what any president would do, we can only talk about what one president actually did do, Obama got Osama , give credit where it's due as any other president would do, I'm sure if McCain were in office you wouldn't have been saying he doesn't get the credit

3. Again, you can argue about what could have happen , let's discuss what did happen. gM became #1. Manufacturer in world again, and Chrysler was also saved, but more importantly U.S. manufacturing had resurgence it wasn't just about cars.

4. Medicare did not cut 716 billion, it was restricting and removal of waste, which extended life of Medicare by another 16 years. It's the exact same proposal in budget hawk and republicans offered under Paul Ryan plan... But I know when it's Obama you can't agree with him. Maybe should pull another and filibuster your own bill, just so you aren't shown agreeing with Obama.

5.ok, so I get it , if it's something good it's not the president but if it's something bad it is the president. Is that your story and you are sticking to it??? Sorry buddy, again, under his watch his credit. I know it kills you to see your president succeed rooting for the failure of the president is way more American.

6. Obama is pragmatic he has no problem going along with GOP , see ACA, Medicare restructuring, why would you think that he would not want deficit reduction what interest for him is it to not tackle this problem. The argument again was you need both tax increase and cost cutting to reduce the deficit... The GOP refused to see both sides of the equation, but we all agree deficit reduction is necessary in the long term, you are right Kudos to Obama for getting it done. Oh right all these good things I forget you can't give credit to Obama.

7. ACA you mean the plan that was a republican idea from the 90s, a plan implemented by a GOP governor, I know when Obama thinks it's reasonable the GOP can't agree...... To it, irony of the day 75% of GOP supporters with ACA plans are happy with them. But the then again GOP and cognitive dissonance go hand and hand

http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/ind...cans-are-happy-with-their-new-obamacare-plans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U

I'm just waiting for when GOP supporters will scream how the government better keep their hands off their ACA plans much like the senior screamed about his Medicare. One we might let him on the secret that Medicare is a government plan.

9. Any president would have gotten out of two wars? I see this anyone would have done that theme again... How about this though would any president avoid another would any president have gotten Arab world to send airstrikes against Isis? You keep talking about what any oresodent would do verses how adept Obama has been at using scalpels verses swords to project American military, reducing cost in lives and money.

Listen I know you hate to give credit to Obama it kills you to do so, I'll let you ponder why that is, but at end of day all these positive things happened under his watch. So you do the math.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Who circumvented the constitution. aCA was passed by congress, the question is not whether the constitution was circumvented , the issue was about if people understood the inner workings and felt they were lied to... The workings being that basically healthy people were subsidizing non healthy people by having a mandate, by the way this mandate is a gop request, and goes back to heritage foundation and bob doles plan against Clintoncare, in fact, most of aCA implemented ideas from the conservative groups 90s approach... It's ironic that it's an issue when Obama agreed with previous GOP ideas it became a problem.

The question of immigration again this is a question of getting something done,GOP always welcome to pass a bill. The GOP played there game we won't work with you because of you succeed we will lose future elections. He played his ill use whatever power available to get things done in spite of you.

Obama has not expanded the powers of president and in fact, wields his authority less than former presidents, if he did he would have been impeached already, you honestly think the GOP would let him nor play by the book, the fact is he found a at to not be the limp d... President hey wanted to portray him as rember ... The first year oh he's the do nothing president... Now it's the he's the do too much president ... Come on use your brain this is all political rattling

I was not discussing Obama care. Obama is the "do to much" executive order President. For a Constitutional scholar he Shreds the Constitution at every "whip stitch" it's his will be done not the people's....

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So much hatred here seriously.... There is no PERFECT President, even when a president does GOOD there will always be hate no matter what.... I blame Bush for everything that has happened he put us in a hole we can't dig out of.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It's because Fox News says it's so and that makes it undisputable. The owners of Applebees and Papa Johns have all voiced their concerns about Obamacare/ACA on Fox News, even though they have healthcare and live in million dollar homes, one with a golf course in his backyard, they can't afford to pay for healthcare for their employees, so that makes it undisputable.

Chuckles

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you don't know much about Nixon. My grading was based on accomplishments, not scandals. Had scandals been figured in, all but Reagan would have received a lower grade. Nixon got us out of Viet Nam. He actually accomplished quite a bit for our country. But Watergate will forever define his presidency and no one will remember the good things he did. History will remember Obama as the first black president and the one who nearly doubled our National Debt. Obamacare will be seen as something he forced down the throats of the American people that turned into a huge scourge on our nation. He has no real accomplishments that I can see. I guess I should change his grade to an F-.

Apparently you don't read your own posts. YOU were the one that brought scandals into the equation and now are backtracking on it. Smh....

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was not discussing Obama care. Obama is the "do to much" executive order President. For a Constitutional scholar he Shreds the Constitution at every "whip stitch" it's his will be done not the people's....

Are you kidding??? Obama's not even in the top 5 of Presidents passing Executive Orders.

Have you actually done any research on any of the things you're saying??

It's ok if you don't like the guy simply because you don't like the guy. That's the very definition of human nature. Tribalism.

It's ok.

But geez man, stop making stuff up man.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Yet another myth, do GOP supporters do any research before they comment, here is the number of executive orders by president

Name /per year/ total
Jimmy Carter80 320
John F. Kennedy74.4 214
Gerald Ford68.92 169
Lyndon B. Johnson62.9 325
Richard Nixon62.3 346
Ronald Regan47.63 381
William J. Clinton45.5 364
George Bush41.5 166
George W. Bush36.38 291
Barack Obama33.58 182

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you kidding??? Obama's not even in the top 5 of Presidents passing Executive Orders.

Have you actually done any research on any of the things you're saying??

It's ok if you don't like the guy simply because you don't like the guy. That's the very definition of human nature. Tribalism.

It's ok.

But geez man, stop making stuff up man.

Exactly, its fine, to say I just don't like because I don't. It would be irrational, but politics despite what's expected is mostly emotional and irrational. But trying to make things up because you want them to be true is pretty low. People should be more willing to accept they are irrational.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The second comment about only being part time jobs and it being related to Obamacare is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin to address this conflation of issues.

Employers cut back hours to avoid the penalties of Obamacare related to full-time workers, so it is related to Obamacare.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Employers cut back hours to avoid the penalties of Obamacare related to full-time workers, so it is related to Obamacare.
Yet another myth, do GOP supporters do any research before they comment, here is the number of executive orders by president

Most of those were probably agreed with by the citizens, unlike his immigration bill, which affected 5 million people. The polls showed that Americans did not agree with him going it alone, but it seems to not matter to him what the people want.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

No my friend, again, you are confusing GOP predictions with reality . Because you claim something will happen does not mean it does, there has been no evidence to support your theory. Actually, nothing the GOP wanted .... I mean predicted to be true about Obamacare has come to pass, we still need time probably a decade to see the end game here, but so far the GOP has been wrong, dead to rights wrong, on their doom and gloom predictions. Also, the employee mandate hasn't even been implemented yet.... Come on man. Do some research.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Most of those were probably agreed with by the citizens, unlike his immigration bill, which affected 5 million people. The polls showed that Americans did not agree with him going it alone, but it seems to not matter to him what the people want.

Gop supporters do not agree with him, Americans agreed when hey elected him twice.

Employee mandate hasn't been implemented yet, as Obama suspended this provision to give companies with more than 50 employees more time to propare. You do realize this is why the GOP is suing him saying he had no right to change legislation and move the date back of that provision. I find it ironic that GOP is suing to implement something sooner they are supposedly against????

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Gop supporters do not agree with him, Americans agreed when hey elected him twice.

Nice deflection. Americans do not agree with his executive order on immigration, regardless of party.

Employee mandate hasn't been implemented yet, as Obama suspended this provision to give companies with more than 50 employees more time to propare.

A suspension which was illegal, as he can't arbitrarily change part of a law. And yes, employers are preparing for it by reducing hours. You are wrong, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh