Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So, your logic is to rate Presidents not on the merits of their accopmplishments for the American People, but how they compare to other Presidents?

Hmmm...

That's similar to me me saying, "Yes, I stole. But I only stole once. That other guy stole 8 times."

Some really fuzzy logice there considering that many historians believe it was Nixon who was one of the major abusers of Executive Power. Nixon, made many policy decsions with regards to campaign contributions that are still in effect to this day. There was even that major issue when he reversed one particular policy due to a contribution from the milk industry.

I could go on and on about the Nixon administration.

You seem to have made a decision about Nixon without knowing anything about him other than Watergate.

But hey, ignorance is bliss.

Or so they say.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
unemployment the lowest it's been since 2006, on target to be 4% by end of his presidency , 5%, he regained every job lost in the recession by end of 4 th year becoming a net job creator

Real unemployment is at a very high point, somewhere around 12-13%. The administration is reporting numbers, and not counting the unemployed that have dropped out of the job market. Labor participation rate is at an all-time low, and of the jobs created, a majority of them are part-time jobs.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The administration is reporting numbers, and not counting the unemployed that have dropped out of the job market. Labor participation rate is at an all-time low, and of the jobs created, a majority of them are part-time jobs.

But ALL administrations do this.

The practice of basing unemployments rate on weekly jobless and othe slight factors didn't start with this administration.

Now, the REAL UE rate is probably closer to 19% by some measures.

Here in NYC, I know several Wall Street individuals who became jobless when the markets fell apart in '08, that are still not back to the income levels they were at, and there most likely isn't enough gas in the recovery machine to ever get them there.

The world has changed. .

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Are the Feds still pumping $80 BILLION per month into Wall Street to keep the numbers high?

Feel free to read any economic book that explains that's exactly what the fed should do, because they can start engine they can move the mountains and hold onto the debt long enough they can wait 20 years to get paid back, while corporations can't which is why the government should spend.

Ideology is different from economic practice for a reason

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
But ALL administrations do this.

The practice of basing unemployments rate on weekly jobless and othe slight factors didn't start with this administration.

Now, the REAL UE rate is probably closer to 19% by some measures.

Here in NYC, I know several Wall Street individuals who became jobless when the markets fell apart in '08, that are still not back to the income levels they were at, and there most likely isn't enough gas in the recovery machine to ever get them there.

The world has changed. .

The Feds have been calculating the unemployment rate the same way for almost 100 years. It's a non sense argument again trying to find a way to not acknowledge the success in this area. It's a false argument because it's not true at all...

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Obama will go down in history as one of the best US presidents, until this point

People's perception is divorced from reality

1) ended recession in 6 months taking office, U.S. economy has grown every quarter since June 2009, last quarter was strongest growth since 2003

2) got Osama

3) saved us auto industry

4) passed a healthcare plan that people complain about it, yet people even republicans who have an ACA PLAN, 75% overwhelmingly are happy with it

5) highest Dow and s&p in US history

6) has lowered the deficit every year since 2010

7) record corporate profits

8) got out of two deficit killing wars

9) unemployment the lowest it's been since 2006, on target to be 4% by end of his presidency , 5%, he regained every job lost in the recession by end of 4 th year becoming a net job creator

10) managed to succeed inspite of fierce opposition from a right who would rather derail the U.S. Than see him succeed

People are divorced from reality when it comes to Obama, seriously, I just read how ridiculous it is on article talking about the new face racism and how we are incapable of not being biased, ... People were shown graph indicating the job growth in the uS since Obama took over, and then asked if Obama lost jobs or created jobs during his presidency , and the surprising answer was lost... Although the people were presented right there wih evidence it's like their brains refused to accept or acknowledge, once Obama leaves office and the "threat" that people inherently have when someone who doesn't look like them is in a position of pore he will be remembered about how great he was and how the country loved him. Kind of like people forget Cassius clay, I mean Muhammad Ali was one of the most hated men in America during the 60s. It will be comical ... Threads like that will seem like no they never happened, .... Just remember this comment when the narrative is rewritten and people acknowledge his success and people pretend that they felt that way all along.

#1- Ended recession? Where have you been?It's still going on. Economy is growing at slowest pace ever.

#6- And has increased the debt more than ALL other presidents combined.

#8- Bush had already made the agreement to leave Iraq. Afghanistan? Obummer is now talking about increasing troops there.

#9- With a huge majority of the jobs being part-time.

" how the country loved him"- 39-40% approval rating does not equal love. :)

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Historically, dating back to the Great Depression, the Stock Market has also faired better under Democratic leadership. I learned this in Freshman Year Economics and came to understand it more concreting when pursuing my Master's. Democrats are more likely to foster policies that cause the middle class to do better.

Too much to explain here.

This is statistical undeniable fact that has been writen about and discussed ad nauseum.

In case you don't believe:

Which Party Does the Market Perform Best Under? - US News

History Shows Stocks, GDP Outperform Under Democrats | Fox Business

Why the economy performs better under Democratic presidents - Fortune

Why Does the Economy Do Better Under Democratic Presidents than Republican Ones? | National Review Online

The Democratic party however doen't seem to be very good at talking about their successes theway the Republican party is.

Different ideologies I guess.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Obama will go down as exceptional president

#1- Ended recession? Where have you been?It's still going on. Economy is growing at slowest pace ever.

#6- And has increased the debt more than ALL other presidents combined.

#8- Bush had already made the agreement to leave Iraq. Afghanistan? Obummer is now talking about increasing troops there.

Wow, you are definitely not up to task for this discussion on what planet is the US still in a recession, firstly, a recession has a definition, it's 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP (meaning shrinking) economy. Secondly, the US economy has grown Every quarter since July 2009, after shrinking for 6 consecutive quarters beginning on 2007.

We have been adding jobs every quarter since 2010, we are growing at apace of almost 3.5% faster than most of the industrial world, Europe is actually in a recession, China's growth has fallen to 3%, honestly you don't what your talking about if you would be silly enough to say something like the U.S. Is in a recession.

Obama has not created more debt than all the presidents combined, considering the debt was almost 12 trillion when he took office, which means we would need to be at 24 trillion for this comment to even have a chance at truth, not to mention most of the debt that accumulated has little to do with Obama policies.

Finally, if you want to have this discussion at least know the facts. Bush had a plan to leave Iraq, Obama determined when and where also, our levels in Afghanistan are the lowest it's been since we started. Obama had an Iraqlike surge and then started the wothdrawal please get your facts aligned, or bother to look at some.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So,the labor participation rate is not the lowest in about 45 years?

Yeah, we are also in the middle of the baby boom retirement, you know after ww2 all he children born 40s, 50s and 60s are retiring. Did you know the labor participation number has been declining for decades because the uS population is aging.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Wow, you are definitely not up to task for this discussion on what planet is the US still in a recession, firstly, a recession has a definition, it's 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP (meaning shrinking) economy. Secondly, the US economy has grown Every quarter since July 2009, after shrinking for 6 consecutive quarters beginning on 2007.

We have been adding jobs every quarter since 2010, we are growing at apace of almost 3.5% faster than most of the industrial world, Europe is actually in a recession, China's growth has fallen to 3%, honestly you don't what your talking about if you would be silly enough to say something like the U.S. Is in a recession.

Obama has not created more debt than all the presidents combined, considering the debt was almost 12 trillion when he took office, which means we would need to be at 24 trillion for this comment to even have a chance at truth, not to mention most of the debt that accumulated has little to do with Obama policies.

Finally, if you want to have this discussion at least know the facts. Bush had a plan to leave Iraq, Obama determined when and where also, our levels in Afghanistan are the lowest it's been since we started. Obama had an Iraqlike surge and then started the wothdrawal please get your facts aligned, or bother to look at some.

Total federal government debt has increased by 66 per cent since Barack Obama became president.
This is revealed by the Treasury Department website that discloses burgeoning numbers at the end of every business day.
It took more than 223 years for the US to accumulate its first $7 trillion in debt.
Obama has repeated the depressing feat in less than 67 months. = Worst President of all time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

So, your logic is to rate Presidents not on the merits of their accopmplishments for the American People, but how they compare to other Presidents?

Hmmm...

That's similar to me me saying, "Yes, I stole. But I only stole once. That other guy stole 8 times."

Some really fuzzy logice there considering that many historians believe it was Nixon who was one of the major abusers of Executive Power. Nixon, made many policy decsions with regards to campaign contributions that are still in effect to this day. There was even that major issue when he reversed one particular policy due to a contribution from the milk industry.

I could go on and on about the Nixon administration.

You seem to have made a decision about Nixon without knowing anything about him other than Watergate.

But hey, ignorance is bliss.

Or so they say.

That's exactly what I'm saying, is Payton manning exceptional because he threw 52 tds in a year, it is it because threw 52 tds and no one else could do it. An accomplishment only makes since as exceptional if others are not able to do those things, if others can do it, then by definition it's not exceptional it's the norm. There is nothing fuzzy about the logic, it's actually the definition of the word.

An exceptional president because he's done a lot more than most. So yes if exception is defined by better than the norm , yes you need to look at him in comparison to other presidents. Does batting .300 mean anything if everyone could bat .300?

When did i mention Nixon????

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Debt was $10 trillion,not 12. But, my bad on all presidents combined, although it will be true by the time that he leaves office.

How about him sending more troops to Afghanistan, instead of his promised pullout?

Tell the middle class that the economy is growing, when income has fallen $7,000 annually since Obama took office.

And let's don't start on his Obamacare lies, which are now verified by Gruber (who,btw, was being highly praised by the administration back in 2009, but now a lot of dems disavow any knowledge of him).

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

No, debt was almost 12 trillion, and people incorrectly count 2009 as an Obama year, it's in fact a Bush year, although Obama takes over the budget is set from the prior year for the coming year, finally, the legislative branch actually controls the pocket book not the executive.

Yes, let's talk about Obamacare, the question again is not about your dislike of the program, it's whether it's effective. People seem to confuse opinion with facts and fact is since we added obamacare, more people insured, the rate of growth in cost has slowed for medical services, and in most states ACA plans have lowered the cost of plans, whether you like how it came about or not is really irrelevant to its effective and so far all the claims by GOP were false ... Now as they be run out of things to say, it's time to attack how the plan was passed. Because they can't argue it hasn't worked.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You're moving further into Lala Land.

But since we're taking up residence in Bizzaro Logic world, using Nixon as your point of reference.

What was "exceptional" about his Presidency compared other Presidents?

A President is elected to do what's in the best interest of the American People on a whole.

A daunting task.

Peyton Manning is an athlete who gets paid to throw touchdowns.

Sad comparison my friend.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Debt was $10 trillion,not 12. But, my bad on all presidents combined, although it will be true by the time that he leaves office.

How about him sending more troops to Afghanistan, instead of his promised pullout?

Tell the middle class that the economy is growing, when income has fallen $7,000 annually since Obama took office.

And let's don't start on his Obamacare lies, which are now verified by Gruber (who,btw, was being highly praised by the administration back in 2009, but now a lot of dems disavow any knowledge of him).

Dueling Debt Deceptions

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When did i mention Nixon????

Why are you even quoting me??

My respnse was to the poster who rated the Presidents and gave Nixon a B.

You've worked yourself into such a fevor to defend your ideology that you're just replying at random posters.

Chill out dude.

It's not that serious.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No, debt was almost 12 trillion, and people incorrectly count 2009 as an Obama year, it's in fact a Bush year, although Obama takes over the budget is set from the prior year for the coming year, finally, the legislative branch actually controls the pocket book not the executive.

Yes, let's talk about Obamacare, the question again is not about your dislike of the program, it's whether it's effective. People seem to confuse opinion with facts and fact is since we added obamacare, more people insured, the rate of growth in cost has slowed for medical services, and in most states ACA plans have lowered the cost of plans, whether you like how it came about or not is really irrelevant to its effective and so far all the claims by GOP were false ... Now as they be run out of things to say, it's time to attack how the plan was passed. Because they can't argue it hasn't worked.

Premiums have INCREASED in all but 6 states: Now There Can Be No Doubt: Obamacare Has Increased Non-Group Premiums In Nearly All States - Forbes

And what happened to ""premiums will decrease by $2500 per year"? Another lie.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why didn't you laugh at Bill Clinton with a B? What about Monica and the others? He had his scandal too.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Because I don't care about their personal scandals.

I don't expect the President to be my spiritual leade or set a moral precedence.

I don't care if the have s*x with goats as long as they make they contry a better place for everyone.

But hey, I'm a Native NY'er. We tend not to care about other folks' dirty laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73