Because he is BLACK
    Black has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-29-2014 11:22 AM
    Obama got Osama eh? So he was there suited up with a gun risking his life? Obama didn't get Osama. The brave men and woman who volunteer to risk their lives to defend you and the rest of us got Osama. Obama is just a bystander who gets the credit for it
    Mission Accomplished!!..... oh wait, that was Bush.
    Soeasy likes this.
    11-29-2014 12:15 PM

Of course it doesn't.
    11-29-2014 12:17 PM
    Black has much to do with it. I wish people would stop saying this, when studies , psychologist, and scientist say the complete opposite.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/fer...iref=obnetwork

"Science has bad news, though, for anyone who claims to not see race: They're deluding themselves, say several bias experts. A body of scientific research over the past 50 years shows that people notice not only race but gender, wealth, even weight."
    palandri and Smply_Rcklss like this.
    11-29-2014 12:20 PM

You can't spell KKK without the letters G-O-P.

Its a shame, because two centuries ago they were on the opposite side of where they stand now.
    11-29-2014 12:34 PM
    You can't spell KKK without the letters G-O-P.

Its a shame, because two centuries ago they were on the opposite side of where they stand now.
    It's not about kkk, this is the problem think racism is about overt hooded men , or its confined to the GOP or tea party, and this is not the case at all.

"There were voters, for example, who were disappointed with President Obama's economic record and believed he hadn't added any jobs during his presidency. They were shown a graph of nonfarm employment over the prior year that included a rising line indicating about a million jobs had been added."

"They were asked whether the number of people with jobs had gone up, down, or stayed about the same," Ross wrote. "Many, looking straight at the graph, said down."

Ross says it's even more difficult to get smart people to admit bias.

"The smarter we are, the more self-confident we are, and the more successful we are, the less likely we're going to question our own thinking," Ross says.
    11-29-2014 12:40 PM
    BS. Tell that to the middle class, whose incomes have dropped a lot since he took office. Someone forgot to tell them.

I AM that Middle Class and I just work harder and longer to make ends meet.... This is the land of opportunity.. not the land of guarantees
    11-29-2014 12:41 PM

Black has everything to do with it..
    11-29-2014 12:42 PM
    I see mere skin color is a hot topic. You can't converse with people with such simple thoughts.
    11-29-2014 12:55 PM
    BS. Tell that to the middle class, whose incomes have dropped a lot since he took office. Someone forgot to tell them.

Opinions are irrelevant man, it's science, it's a simple measurement. I have shown you the graphs of average incomes and only year it went down was 2009 when we were in the recession it has gone up every year since 2010.

Adjusting for inflation , average wage for the middle class has been relatively the same or slightly trending up since the 80s, coinciding with the rise of GOP power and the efforts to reduce laws that effectively redistribute wealth in the nation. Our ideological briefs as a nation atleast from a conservative standpoint are not aligned with increasing the wealth of the middle. I don't understand this cognitive dissonance in GOP supporters.
    11-29-2014 12:56 PM
    I see mere skin color is a hot topic. You can't converse with people with such simple thoughts.
    Apparently, the fact we can't have an honest discussion about it indicates we are certainly not colorblind. People act as though we can erase our evolutionary traits , one being, the ability to distinguish and categorize in a split second, overnight. No one is colorblind and science proves that. It's not even something that is really debatable
    11-29-2014 01:01 PM
    Apparently, the fact we can't have an honest discussion about it indicates we are certainly not colorblind. People act as though we can erase our evolutionary traits , one being, the ability to dusting us in a split second overnight. No one is colorblind and science proves that. It's not even something that is really debatable
    You mean when scientist let kids play together and they all played regardless of color.

Prejudices and bias are learned traits.
    11-29-2014 01:03 PM
    Black has everything to do with it..
    It's not the only the factor, and maybe people get riled up because they believe we are saying that it's only because he is black. And this is not the case, but to deny that him being black has an effect on how people view him is nonsense. Race influences how we view people it's a simple sociological fact, much like if you see someone who is fat, you subconsciously make decisions about that person. It's not about hoods, or cross burning, it's that we are conditioned and especially when it comes to blacks is to look at them with suspicion, but it goes beyond that evolution has it such that we look at anything that looks less like us with suspicion.
    11-29-2014 01:09 PM
    You mean when scientist let kids play together and they all played regardless of color.

False. There is both a sociological and evolutionary aspect to it. I suggest you read this article it better explains it. Although, babies themselves gravitate towards faces that look more like themselves. But yes, if children grow up in a mixed environment that natural fear that we have of something that may be foreign is lessoned.

11-29-2014 01:11 PM
    Because he is BLACK
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooogus!!
    11-29-2014 01:13 PM

And you and the liberals are destroying this country and it's middle class
    11-29-2014 01:15 PM
    False. There is both a sociological and evolutionary aspect to it. I suggest you read this article it better explains it. Although, babies themselves gravitate towards faces that look more like themselves. But yes, if children grow up in a mixed environment that natural fear that we have of something that may be foreign is lessoned.

An article on race from a news source, are you serious?

Cnn, Fox, and all of those for the matter have an agenda to generate views. News doesn't have to be truthful as ruled by the U.S. supreme court.
    11-29-2014 01:15 PM
    What studies can you cite that can state it's not a factor, I can cite studies that say it is
    11-29-2014 01:16 PM
    And you and the liberals are destroying this country and it's middle class
    That makes neither rational or grammatical sense.
    11-29-2014 01:17 PM
    An article on race from a news source, are you serious?

Cnn, Fox, and all of those for the matter have an agenda to generate views. News doesn't have to be truthful as ruled by the U.S. supreme court.
    Who cares about article it's about the studies that the presented author cites. You are right ignore the news source but to dismiss the reference to the science studies is fool harder.

Also, if your statement is to dismiss a news source where do you get your information? Do you research every topic yourself. Did you interview witness, conduct your own field exams, read through the papers directly to get your news?

Finally, are you claiming this news article is false? So what the news does not have to be true, it does not mean the inverse that news is false, you must support such a claim by taking this article and countering it's evidence.
    Last edited by acadia11; 11-29-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    11-29-2014 01:19 PM
    Who cares about article it's about the studies that the presented author cites. You are right ignore the news source but to dismiss the reference to the science studies is fool harder.

Also, if your statement is to dismiss a news source where do you get your information? Do you research every topic yourself. Did you interview witness, conduct your own field exams, read through the papers directly to get your news?
    Reputed scientist. Books, you know, they still make them.

Race matters only to the less educated. That's a fact.
    11-29-2014 01:21 PM
    Reputed scientist. Books, you know, they still make them.

Race matters only to the less educated. That's a fact.
    And sociologist, scientist, and paychologist disagree, 50 years of research on the subject disagrees with you. Here is one example, Dartmouth you know an Ivy League institution disagrees with you. You have yet to bring any evidence to support your hypothesis, I'm waiting here's one of mine.

Ross cited a Dartmouth College survey where misinformed voters were presented with factual information that contradicted their political biases.

There were voters, for example, who were disappointed with President Obama's economic record and believed he hadn't added any jobs during his presidency. They were shown a graph of nonfarm employment over the prior year that included a rising line indicating about a million jobs had been added.

"They were asked whether the number of people with jobs had gone up, down, or stayed about the same," Ross wrote. "Many, looking straight at the graph, said down."

"The smarter we are, the more self-confident we are, and the more successful we are, the less likely we're going to question our own thinking," Ross says.
    11-29-2014 01:40 PM
    And sociologist, scientist, and paychologist disagree, 50 years of research on the subject disagrees with you. Here is one example, Dartmouth you know an Ivy League institution disagrees with you. You have yet to bring any evidence to support your hypothesis, I'm waiting here's one of mine.

Ross cited a Dartmouth College survey where misinformed voters were presented with factual information that contradicted their political biases.

There were voters, for example, who were disappointed with President Obama's economic record and believed he hadn't added any jobs during his presidency. They were shown a graph of nonfarm employment over the prior year that included a rising line indicating about a million jobs had been added.

You would know race doesn't exist and is only a social construct. Every reputable scientist knows this.

I do not believe in race as such. Race is a fraud. All modern people are the conglomeration of so many ethnic mixtures that no pure race remains.-einstein

I'll take his words over any you produce.
    11-29-2014 01:48 PM
    I am forced to agree with Hydrogen on this one. You can not like a POLITICIAN and not be a racist. They all fall short in some way. No reason race has anything to do with it.

hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:05 PM
    I am forced to agree with Hydrogen on this one. You can not like a POLITICIAN and not be a racist. They all fall short in some way. No reason race has anything to do with it.

Please read the article, it's entitled "the new racism without racist"

No one claimed if you didn't like a politician you must be racist , or that if you don't like Obama it's because he is black, and there couldn't be a million other reasons. The argument is simply this race influences how we view people , and basically anyone who is saying they are colorblind is ignoring all the research that says we are not. Your exact response it mentions and the main reason is because you assume racism is a conscious choice where someone is running around with a hood and burning a cross, and saying i hate n..... So I hate Obama, and I agree this type of racism is not a problem in the US these days , but subconscious biased that inherently humans have. Just as we have gender or weight biased, we have race biased. Which is the definition of racism. And this biased effects all people, black white or other. Finally, this isn't about agreeing with me , as I keep repeating this is researched and what scientist say on the subject
    11-29-2014 02:50 PM
938 ... 45678 ...