The kid gave the officer a reason to shoot. It's plain and simple. I have enough faith in law enforcement that they're not waking up for work in the morning hoping to kill someone.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:03 PM
    And you don't think Wilson could have lied? There were what 40 witnesses or so, was everyone lying.
    Then he will answer to a higher authority one day. As he exists in our society, he went through the proper process and was not found guilty of a crime, regardless of how much you FEEL he should have been.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:08 PM
    Then he will answer to a higher authority one day. As he exists in our society, he went through the proper process and was not found guilty of a crime, regardless of how much you FEEL he should have been.
    I have a feeling the the DOJ and Holder are going to find a way to hang him out to dry. That would be a travesty, IMO.
    12-22-2014 04:13 PM
    I completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    April 5: More than 80 people were arrested during a street party near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Rowdy participants, who numbered about 15,000 at the height of the party, hurled bottles, rocks and bricks at police. In addition to the dozens of arrests, at least one person was stabbed and eight police officers were injured.

Do you feel these same folks can't conduct themselves or is it once again that systematic racism rearing its ugly head where whites are given the benefit of the doubt and blacks given nothing but doubt. Better question why is it the actions of some blacks become the narrative for all blacks. Why not the same extension for whites when it comes to "negative" behavior.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/list-of-r...-the-us/njFkC/
    A895 likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:41 PM
    April 5: More than 80 people were arrested during a street party near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Rowdy participants, who numbered about 15,000 at the height of the party, hurled bottles, rocks and bricks at police. In addition to the dozens of arrests, at least one person was stabbed and eight police officers were injured.

Do you feel these same folks can't conduct themselves or is it once again that systematic racism rearing its ugly head where whites are given the benefit of the doubt and blacks given nothing but doubt. Better question why is it the actions of some blacks become the narrative for all blacks. Why not the same extension for whites when it comes to "negative" behavior.
    Why don't you respond to the one who said it? I just agreed with it.

12-22-2014 04:42 PM
    Why don't you respond to the one who said it? I just agreed with it.

Cause I thought better of you.
    12-22-2014 04:43 PM
    Higher authority does nothing for the here and now.
    12-22-2014 04:44 PM
    Where are these facts even from?
    12-22-2014 04:52 PM
    Depends on how one lives their life.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 04:53 PM
    You're right, which is why he went through the legal process and was not indicted...here and now, he is not guilty of a crime.
    12-22-2014 05:08 PM

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/list-of-r...-the-us/njFkC/
    When did I defend white people?
    12-22-2014 05:13 PM

List of recent riots in the U.S. | www.ajc.com
    You are implying that every situation that involves law enforcement in this nature is identical, and should be met with identical response. That is an absolutely ridiculous stance. Every situation is different in some way...most incidents are DRASTICALLY different in some way. This is why a "use of force continuum" exists.

12-22-2014 05:18 PM
    And by the way, the same bias you think white police officers have against black people, the same could be said for black people in that neighborhood that have biases against white police officers. So, yeah. Maybe a lot of them are lying.
    Think of the history of white cops and black people and get back to us.
    12-22-2014 06:45 PM
    You are implying that every situation that involves law enforcement in this nature is identical, and should be met with identical response. That is an absolutely ridiculous stance. Every situation is different in some way...most incidents are DRASTICALLY different in some way. This is why a "use of force continuum" exists.

http://i.imgur.com/67BakxU.png
    So, by this model Brown was going to kill Wilson, so Wilson shot him 6 times for self defense?
    12-22-2014 06:47 PM
    Think of the history of white cops and black people and get back to us.
    Who cares? I'm not asking why there is a bias.

So you're saying that because of history you're giving a pass to people who have a bias against white officers and may have lied under oath?
    12-22-2014 06:56 PM
    So, by this model Brown was going to kill Wilson, so Wilson shot him 6 times for self defense?
    Did you see how big that kid was? He shot him because he kept on coming after him. He was much bigger and it was Wilson's defense. Yeah, get wrestled to the ground and let him take your gun.

Everyone is sorry that this happened. But the kid invoked it.
    12-22-2014 06:56 PM
    Who cares? I'm not asking why there is a bias.

So you're saying that because of history you're giving a pass to people who have a bias against white officers and may have lied under oath?
    Yes. History plays a huge part as to why black people have a profound mistrust of white cops or cops in general.
    12-22-2014 07:08 PM
    Did you see how big that kid was? He shot him because he kept on coming after him. He was much bigger and it was Wilson's defense. Yeah, get wrestled to the ground and let him take your gun.

Everyone is sorry that this happened. But the kid invoked it.
    That is the story Wilson gave, not the conclusive story that actually happened. And besides, just because someone is big, that excuses shooting them multiple times? I see this multiple times people trying to say "Brown was big etc.". That shouldn't factor into how someone (a cop) handles a situation.

People even tried to justify Eric Garner by saying they had to choke him because he was big, like that makes any sense.
    12-22-2014 07:10 PM
    That is the story Wilson gave, not the conclusive story that actually happened. And besides, just because someone is big, that excuses shooting them multiple times? I see this multiple times people trying to say "Brown was big etc.". That shouldn't factor into how someone (a cop) handles a situation.

People even tried to justify Eric Garner by saying they had to choke him because he was big, like that makes any sense.
    They are not the same incident. Brown wrestled for the gun, and later came at the officer. Clear threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 07:49 PM
    Yes. History plays a huge part as to why black people have a profound mistrust of white cops or cops in general.
    Once again. I didn't ask why they do lol
    12-22-2014 08:39 PM
    And you don't think Wilson could have lied? There were what 40 witnesses or so, was everyone lying.
    Three independent autopsies corroborated Officer Wilson's account of the events. And the witnesses that "saw" Wilson shoot an unarmed man begging for his life either recanted their accounts or simply disappeared. So, yeah, the 40 witnesses or so were lying.

You cannot argue with the facts.
    12-22-2014 09:25 PM
    And the story that all Brown's thug, liar, criminal friends gave was proven to be contradictory, false, and made up. So you tell me, since you say that Wilsons story is "not the conclusive story of what happened" what happened?

And yes size is a valid reason to shoot someone multiple times when they've went for your gun and are clearly trying to kill you. This is a prime example of your lack of gun knowledge. When shooting at a big living thing, you have to hit in very specific places to kill it(in this case stop him). I've seen police footage of a man attacking a police officer, and the officer shot him several times and he kept coming. A small caliber pistol does not have much stoping power what so ever.

Last edited by the_tech_eater; 12-22-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    12-22-2014 09:28 PM
    O
    And the story that all Brown's thug, liar, criminal friends gave was proven to be contradictory, false, and made up. So you tell me, since you say that Wilsons story is "not the conclusive story of what happened" what happened?

His answer will be about race and not really answer your question at that.
    12-22-2014 09:47 PM
    O

His answer will be about race and not really answer your question at that.
    Yeah sadly. He can't face up to the facts.

BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:47 PM
    Not at all...by that model, the officer felt that the suspect presented a legitimate THREAT of severe bodily harm or death, and stopped the suspect from achieving such. Michael Brown was reported as having gone for Officer Wilson's fire arm, which would have presented an immediate deadly force scenario, having moved through all other use of force levels at once.
    12-22-2014 10:11 PM
938 ... 35363738