You said that, not me. Using an absurd argument to try and negate someone else's argument is called a straw man argument. Because it doesnt actually address comments made by the individual. I have never claimed anything about whether bush, cares about babies , old people , or black people.
    lol...you're thinking way too much on this. That was just simple internet trolling, not a straw man argument. Come down off your podium, I think the air is getting a little thin for ya up there! Truth is, this thread should be named "What common stereotypes can acadia11 describe as systematic racism today?" But I digress...
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-18-2014 02:41 PM
    Ok compare how much it happens to other people and then compare proportional how often it happens to black people. The issue is not about whether it can happen to another person , it's a question of likeliness to happen to someone who is black.
    Good grief! I don't keep tabs on stuff like that. What's your point? I have no way of knowing any statistical info on this. Do I think it happens to blacks more than whites? Yes, I do. I think it has more to do with how one is dressed though. I don't look at a black person and think, "Valet".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-18-2014 02:42 PM
    Good grief! I don't keep tabs on stuff like that. What's your point? I have no way of knowing any statistical info on this. Do I think it happens to blacks more than whites? Yes, I do. I think it has more to do with how one is dressed though. I don't look at a black person and think, "Valet".

Shhh! You're giving away a white man secret!
    12-18-2014 02:43 PM
    Oh, we're sophisticated, just no valet services to speak of. Y'all make a lot of assumptions. Most of which are wrong. Has a black person ever been mistaken for a valet or other person before? I would think so. That happens to a lot of people of all colors. Blacks don't have a systematic monopoly on it though.

Are you really sophisticated? Like sophisticated because we are worldly and exposed to many things and have chosen to live the fresh air good skiing small town life of Telluride, or sophisticated like I think being worldly and being exposed to new things is because WalMart added an Asian cuisine buffet section???
    12-18-2014 02:46 PM

So as usually you presume to speak on something that you haven't in the least bit tried to understand. Dressed how? You see a black guy dressed well as Obama described and you think he's a valet? How do black people dress?
    12-18-2014 02:47 PM
    Shhh! You're giving away a white man secret!
    No ignorance is universal many people comment on things without a clue.
    12-18-2014 02:48 PM
    No ignorance is universal many people comment on things without a clue.
    Phew! That was a close one.
    12-18-2014 02:50 PM
    lol...you're thinking way too much on this. That was just simple internet trolling, not a straw man argument. Come down off your podium, I think the air is getting a little thin for ya up there! Truth is, this thread should be named "What common stereotypes can acadia11 describe as systematic racism today?" But I digress...
    I know it was. Or maybe you were trying to devalue my comments by trying to imply that this was akin to my arguments. You know to neutralize there truth by equating them with comments that were clearly absurd.
    12-18-2014 02:51 PM
    Actually us NYC'ers survivors. We don't need Obama any more than we needed Bush after 9-11.
    How long does it take for a New Yorker to let you know that they're from New York? In this thread, as soon as New York is brought up.
    12-18-2014 02:55 PM
    Ok compare how much it happens to other people and then compare proportional how often it happens to black people. The issue is not about whether it can happen to another person , it's a question of likeliness to happen to someone who is black.
    I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. Id be scared the black guy would steel my car.
    12-18-2014 02:58 PM
    I know it was. Or maybe you were trying to devalue my comments by trying to imply that this was akin to my arguments. You know to neutralize there truth by equating them with comments that were clearly absurd.
    You sure spent a lot of effort typing a pretty moot response then if you actually did.
    12-18-2014 03:13 PM
    I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. Id be scared the black guy would steel my car.
    Irony of the day, I'm black and I asked myself this same question, I've experienced this being handed the keys while waiting for a car. At the same time I wonder does he worry I might steal it.
    12-18-2014 03:13 PM
    How long does it take for a New Yorker to let you know that they're from New York? In this thread, as soon as New York is brought up.
    If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you
    New York, New York
    New York, New York
    I want to wake up
    in a city that never sleeps
    And find I'm a number one, top of the list
    King of the hill
    A number one
    12-18-2014 03:14 PM
    You sure spent a lot of effort typing a pretty moot response then if you actually did.
    No I think you were trolling and still trying to underhandedly imply my argument was akin to your comments. Why do they have to be mutual exclusive?
    12-18-2014 03:14 PM
    I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. I’d be scared the black guy would steel my car.
    It's not really cost efficient to make a car steel anymore...and it really limits the design aspect as well (see: DeLorean).
    A895 likes this.
    12-18-2014 03:16 PM
    I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. I’d be scared the black guy would steel my car.
    And that what I love about this country. All Politics and most everything else is local. Because an African American here would likely be driving a better car than yours.
    12-18-2014 03:17 PM
    No I think you were trolling and still trying to underhandedly imply my argument was akin to your comments. Why do they have to be mutual exclusive?

The world may never know...
    12-18-2014 03:18 PM
    It's not really cost efficient to make a car steel anymore...and it really limits the design aspect as well (see: DeLorean).

Well played sir! Well played indeed.
    12-18-2014 03:18 PM
    With dogs, we do have bad dog. Bad dog exist. Bad dog bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 03:23 PM
    If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you
    New York, New York
    New York, New York
    I want to wake up
    King of the hill
    A number one

The new moon rode high in the crown of the metropolis
    Shinin', like who on top of this?
    People was tusslin', arguin' and bustlin'
    Gangstaz of Gotham hardcore hustlin'

I'm wrestlin' with words and ideas
    My ears is picky, seekin' what will transmit
    The scribes can apply to transcript, yo

This ain't no time where the usual is suitable
    Tonight alive, let's describe the inscrutable
    The indisputable, we New York the narcotic
    Strength in metal and fiber optics
    Where mercenaries is paid to trade hot stock tips

For profits, thirsty criminals take pockets
    Hard knuckles on the second hands of workin' class watches
    Skyscrapers is colossus, the cost of living
    Is preposterous, stay alive, you play or die, no options

No Batman and Robin, can't tell between
    The cops and the robbers, they both partners, they all heartless
    With no conscience, back streets stay darkened
    Where unbeliever hearts stay hardened

My eagle talons stay sharpened, like city lights stay throbbin'
    You either make a way or stay sobbin', the Shiny Apple
    Is bruised but sweet and if you choose to eat
    You could lose your teeth, many crews retreat

Nightly news repeat, who got shot down and locked down
    Spotlight to savages, NASDAQ averages
    My narrative, rose to explain this existence
    Amidst the harbor lights which remain in the distance

So much on my mind that I just can't recline
    Blastin' holes in the night til she bled sunshine
    Breathe in, inhale vapors from bright stars that shine
    Breathe out, weed smoke retrace the skyline

Heard the bass ride out like an ancient mating call
    I can't take it y'all, I can feel the city breathin'
    Chest heavin', against the flesh of the evening
    Sigh before we die like the last train leaving
    12-18-2014 03:24 PM
    Nakedness has no color. This might come as news to most of you.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 03:25 PM
    Can't speak on the drugs, but I see no problem with a gay couple being allowed to get married.
    Yeah. I almost added 'take the guns' but I don't even like it as a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 03:27 PM
    The world may never know...
    But I consider all things ...
    12-18-2014 03:29 PM
    Irony of the day, I'm black and I asked myself this same question, I've experienced this being handed the keys while waiting for a car. At the same time I wonder does he worry I might steal it.
    And why does that upset you? Would you rather be thought of as someone that can't be trusted? At least they thought you looked respectable enough to be a valet... The same can't be said of a lot of people. You are just looking for an opportunity to call whites racist, AKA race baiting.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 03:40 PM
    If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you
    New York, New York
    New York, New York
    I want to wake up
    King of the hill
    A number one