He might as well have.
    That's what I say if you think I'm always cheating on uou, might as well make these arguments worth it!!!
    11-27-2014 04:53 PM
    Ironically, this further illustrates my point, did anyone say geez Bush didn't pull Hussein out of that hole so how can he get credit for "mission accomplished"?
    Yes. Bush started the ball rolling with the search for and investigation of Bin Laden. The Obama administration continued that plan. In the end, Obama made the right call. I give him credit for that. But no, it wasn't all his doing. Much had been done before he arrived at the White House. I don't hate Obama. I just don't like what he has done as president.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    calebt likes this.
    11-27-2014 05:43 PM
    Who said the first black president would be or was required to be the end of racism. This is something that has existed forever in humans but you think it would end because Obama was elected. The idea itself is ridiculous. Moreover why is it your expectation for him to end it? ?? Who said this was his job? It would never end when people can't even recognize what it is, and any real dialogue people become defensive.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferg...html?hpt=hp_t1

My point on the promises, what president has ever accomplished everything they said they would , if this is the standard that you hold Obama then you should hold every president in history to the same, and you would find there are no exceptional presidents right back to Washington, now, if this is not the standard and we measure presidents by how we measured the first 41, how much they accomplished, Obama is pretty darn exceptional. Period.
    I hold all presidents to their promises yes. I see nothing wrong with that. The whole point is a lot of us bought into hope. And what we got was good and some missed.

I think you missed my distinction between what his presidency will be remembered for verses what he is responsible for. I think it's important to know that there are those not better off right now vs 8 years ago.

And on race I would have hoped he would at least have been more of a leader in this regard. The presidency power is limited despite what we lay on it good and bad. Some leadership on class and race couldn't hurt. That is something a president can do.

I am a huge fan but try to be objective when I can. One broad brush good or bad for any president isn't warranted. No reason to ignore what could have been. So holding him to his own stated standards is entirely fair. I had hope. I am thankful for what was accomplished. But I can lament what wasn't.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-27-2014 05:54 PM
    This kind of personal attack happens to every president. I hope most people ignore it.

11-27-2014 05:57 PM
    I hold all presidents to their promises yes. I see nothing wrong with that. The whole point is a lot of us bought into hope. And what we got was good and some missed.

I think you missed my distinction between what his presidency will be remembered for verses what he is responsible for. I think it's important to know that there are those not better off right now vs 8 years ago.

And on race I would have hoped he would at least have been more of a leader in this regard. The presidency power is limited despite what we lay on it good and bad. Some leadership on class and race couldn't hurt. That is something a president can do.

I am a huge fan but try to be objective when I can. One broad brush good or bad for any president isn't warranted. No reason to ignore what could have been. So holding him to his own stated standards is entirely fair. I had hope. I am thankful for what was accomplished. But I can lament what wasn't.

Cheers.

Agreed, I just want to point out objectively in comparison to other presidents he's done a good job, and how disjointed his record is with what people feel his record.

I mean if people can present you a graph showing job creation and then ask if you he added or lost jobs, and you answered lost, how can you reconcile the belief. This was an actual study. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

As for what could have been, again no one is perfect, and comparatively he's done an excellent job. And I just can't see how people can't stand up and acknowledge this, but mark my words the minute he's out of office just wait. It's like Serena Williams and the Williams sisters as a whole , americans don't seem to recognize how ridiculously exceptional they are as players, and this idea that there will be a next ... And people are still like Serena could be so much more. I just laugh
    11-27-2014 06:05 PM
    Yes. Bush started the ball rolling with the search for and investigation of Bin Laden. The Obama administration continued that plan. In the end, Obama made the right call. I give him credit for that. But no, it wasn't all his doing. Much had been done before he arrived at the White House. I don't hate Obama. I just don't like what he has done as president.

So, who exactly did you think did a good job as president? Please be honest because I think I know the answer....
    11-27-2014 06:12 PM
    So, who exactly did you think did a good job as president? Please be honest because I think I know the answer....
    They have all made mistakes. None have been perfect. By grade:
    John F. Kennedy - A
    Ronald Reagan - A
    Richard Nixon - B
    Bill Clinton -B
    George W. Bush - C+
    Jimmy Carter - D+
    Barrack Obama - D

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 11-27-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    11-27-2014 06:58 PM
    Richard Nixon gets a B????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!
    hydrogen3 and rdubmu like this.
    11-27-2014 07:25 PM
    John F. Kennedy - A
    Ronald Reagan - A
    Richard Nixon - B
    Bill Clinton -B
    George W. Bush - C+
    Barrack Obama - D

I like this:

John F. Kennedy - A (I wasn't born but wth)

Ronald Reagan - B- (anti Union ruins him for me, first really big spender)

Richard Nixon - F (he got kicked out)

Bill Clinton B+ (high tech and stocks were great, no deficit)

George W. Bush - C- (wars, fin crisis, civil liberty points off)

Carter - C inflation, Iran

Barrack Obama - B- (was hoping for an A)

11-27-2014 07:26 PM
    This logic is so flawed that it borders on lunacy!

If, as you and other 'birthers' like to assert that he was NOT born in the USA. Does it not follow that the power-that-be that sanctioned or allowed his run are actually the real power in this country and Obama and any other President are just figure heads?

If you sincerely believe that there's actually a difference between Right and Left, I have a several bridges and and some beach from property property to sell you.
    11-27-2014 07:31 PM
    I love it when politically brainwashed people post on Internet forums.
    Les74 likes this.
    11-27-2014 07:36 PM
    Am I the only one who had to google Serena Williams?

11-27-2014 08:00 PM
    John F. Kennedy - A
    Ronald Reagan - A
    Richard Nixon - B
    Bill Clinton -B
    George W. Bush - C+
    Jimmy Carter - D+
    Barrack Obama - D

Yeah, like I said, I already knew the answer. The fact you scored Bush anything above a F, gives me all I need to know....
    11-27-2014 09:25 PM
    Obama gets an F...... A failed administration....
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-27-2014 09:50 PM
    Richard Nixon gets a B????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!
    He only had one scandal. Obama has had about 8 scandals. Thing is, take away Watergate, and he was a great president. Especially on foreign policy.
    Why didn't you laugh at Bill Clinton with a B? What about Monica and the others? He had his scandal too.

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 11-27-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    hydrogen3 and Mr.Willie like this.
    11-27-2014 10:00 PM
    So, your logic is to rate Presidents not on the merits of their accopmplishments for the American People, but how they compare to other Presidents?

Hmmm...

That's similar to me me saying, "Yes, I stole. But I only stole once. That other guy stole 8 times."

Some really fuzzy logice there considering that many historians believe it was Nixon who was one of the major abusers of Executive Power. Nixon, made many policy decsions with regards to campaign contributions that are still in effect to this day. There was even that major issue when he reversed one particular policy due to a contribution from the milk industry.

I could go on and on about the Nixon administration.

You seem to have made a decision about Nixon without knowing anything about him other than Watergate.

But hey, ignorance is bliss.

Or so they say.
    Les74 likes this.
    11-27-2014 10:12 PM
    unemployment the lowest it's been since 2006, on target to be 4% by end of his presidency , 5%, he regained every job lost in the recession by end of 4 th year becoming a net job creator
    Real unemployment is at a very high point, somewhere around 12-13%. The administration is reporting numbers, and not counting the unemployed that have dropped out of the job market. Labor participation rate is at an all-time low, and of the jobs created, a majority of them are part-time jobs.
    calebt likes this.
    11-27-2014 10:16 PM
    The administration is reporting numbers, and not counting the unemployed that have dropped out of the job market. Labor participation rate is at an all-time low, and of the jobs created, a majority of them are part-time jobs.
    But ALL administrations do this.

The practice of basing unemployments rate on weekly jobless and othe slight factors didn't start with this administration.

Now, the REAL UE rate is probably closer to 19% by some measures.

Here in NYC, I know several Wall Street individuals who became jobless when the markets fell apart in '08, that are still not back to the income levels they were at, and there most likely isn't enough gas in the recovery machine to ever get them there.

The world has changed. .
    11-27-2014 10:42 PM
    highest Dow and s&p in US history
    Are the Feds still pumping $80 BILLION per month into Wall Street to keep the numbers high?
    11-27-2014 10:46 PM
    Are the Feds still pumping $80 BILLION per month into Wall Street to keep the numbers high?
    Feel free to read any economic book that explains that's exactly what the fed should do, because they can start engine they can move the mountains and hold onto the debt long enough they can wait 20 years to get paid back, while corporations can't which is why the government should spend.

Ideology is different from economic practice for a reason
    11-27-2014 10:49 PM
    But ALL administrations do this.

The practice of basing unemployments rate on weekly jobless and othe slight factors didn't start with this administration.

Now, the REAL UE rate is probably closer to 19% by some measures.

Here in NYC, I know several Wall Street individuals who became jobless when the markets fell apart in '08, that are still not back to the income levels they were at, and there most likely isn't enough gas in the recovery machine to ever get them there.

The world has changed. .
    The Feds have been calculating the unemployment rate the same way for almost 100 years. It's a non sense argument again trying to find a way to not acknowledge the success in this area. It's a false argument because it's not true at all...
    11-27-2014 10:52 PM
    Obama will go down in history as one of the best US presidents, until this point

People's perception is divorced from reality

1) ended recession in 6 months taking office, U.S. economy has grown every quarter since June 2009, last quarter was strongest growth since 2003

2) got Osama

3) saved us auto industry

4) passed a healthcare plan that people complain about it, yet people even republicans who have an ACA PLAN, 75% overwhelmingly are happy with it

5) highest Dow and s&p in US history

6) has lowered the deficit every year since 2010

7) record corporate profits

8) got out of two deficit killing wars

9) unemployment the lowest it's been since 2006, on target to be 4% by end of his presidency , 5%, he regained every job lost in the recession by end of 4 th year becoming a net job creator

10) managed to succeed inspite of fierce opposition from a right who would rather derail the U.S. Than see him succeed

People are divorced from reality when it comes to Obama, seriously, I just read how ridiculous it is on article talking about the new face racism and how we are incapable of not being biased, ... People were shown graph indicating the job growth in the uS since Obama took over, and then asked if Obama lost jobs or created jobs during his presidency , and the surprising answer was lost... Although the people were presented right there wih evidence it's like their brains refused to accept or acknowledge, once Obama leaves office and the "threat" that people inherently have when someone who doesn't look like them is in a position of pore he will be remembered about how great he was and how the country loved him. Kind of like people forget Cassius clay, I mean Muhammad Ali was one of the most hated men in America during the 60s. It will be comical ... Threads like that will seem like no they never happened, .... Just remember this comment when the narrative is rewritten and people acknowledge his success and people pretend that they felt that way all along.
    #1- Ended recession? Where have you been?It's still going on. Economy is growing at slowest pace ever.

#6- And has increased the debt more than ALL other presidents combined.

#8- Bush had already made the agreement to leave Iraq. Afghanistan? Obummer is now talking about increasing troops there.

#9- With a huge majority of the jobs being part-time.

" how the country loved him"- 39-40% approval rating does not equal love.
    11-27-2014 10:53 PM
    It's a false argument because it's not true at all...
    So,the labor participation rate is not the lowest in about 45 years?
    11-27-2014 10:56 PM
    Historically, dating back to the Great Depression, the Stock Market has also faired better under Democratic leadership. I learned this in Freshman Year Economics and came to understand it more concreting when pursuing my Master's. Democrats are more likely to foster policies that cause the middle class to do better.

Too much to explain here.

This is statistical undeniable fact that has been writen about and discussed ad nauseum.

In case you don't believe:

Which Party Does the Market Perform Best Under? - US News

History Shows Stocks, GDP Outperform Under Democrats | Fox Business

Why the economy performs better under Democratic presidents - Fortune

Why Does the Economy Do Better Under Democratic Presidents than Republican Ones? | National Review Online

The Democratic party however doen't seem to be very good at talking about their successes theway the Republican party is.

Different ideologies I guess.
    11-27-2014 11:01 PM
    #1- Ended recession? Where have you been?It's still going on. Economy is growing at slowest pace ever.

#6- And has increased the debt more than ALL other presidents combined.

#8- Bush had already made the agreement to leave Iraq. Afghanistan? Obummer is now talking about increasing troops there.
    Wow, you are definitely not up to task for this discussion on what planet is the US still in a recession, firstly, a recession has a definition, it's 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP (meaning shrinking) economy. Secondly, the US economy has grown Every quarter since July 2009, after shrinking for 6 consecutive quarters beginning on 2007.

We have been adding jobs every quarter since 2010, we are growing at apace of almost 3.5% faster than most of the industrial world, Europe is actually in a recession, China's growth has fallen to 3%, honestly you don't what your talking about if you would be silly enough to say something like the U.S. Is in a recession.

Obama has not created more debt than all the presidents combined, considering the debt was almost 12 trillion when he took office, which means we would need to be at 24 trillion for this comment to even have a chance at truth, not to mention most of the debt that accumulated has little to do with Obama policies.

Finally, if you want to have this discussion at least know the facts. Bush had a plan to leave Iraq, Obama determined when and where also, our levels in Afghanistan are the lowest it's been since we started. Obama had an Iraqlike surge and then started the wothdrawal please get your facts aligned, or bother to look at some.
    Les74 likes this.
    11-27-2014 11:07 PM
938 1234 ...