The Democratic Party policy is to divide this nation....look, learn and listen.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk
    12-11-2014 12:44 PM
    You may be right! You may have come from an Ape! I didn't.
    I see English is not your strong suit along with science.
    12-11-2014 12:46 PM
    Yeah with the epic number of guns purchased the day after he was elected , yeah, race relations were great. Finally, I thought Obama was president of America, not president of. Africa-America , where did this idea come from that he needed to solve race issues or as Blackman he needed to do anything for me. This is where the GOP fails you still are trying to tell me what you think I want, it never occurs for you to ask.

The fact that you think an argument like he's done nothing for blacks would resonate with a black voter shows you absolutely know nothing about the black voting population or it's concerns. Moreover, his job is to lead the nation and solve problems, the immediate problem was the economy and healthcare, where did solving race relations even figure into the democratic platform??? And he did a spectacular job on both , and as I've already pointed to objectively measured his recession recovery was better than reagans.
    You're assuming that those gun purchases were because he was black, which is ridiculous. I can almost guarantee that if Hilary is elected, guns sales will be even higher than when Obama was elected. Democrats are known for being a party that wants to limit guns. You are race baiting now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-11-2014 12:48 PM
    I see English is not your strong suit along with science.
    And you think you have better English? In almost every post you have grammatical errors and non coherent sentences.

12-11-2014 12:49 PM
    And you think you have better English? In almost every post you have grammatical errors and non coherent sentences.

I think I know the difference between come from and part of.
    12-11-2014 12:49 PM
    You're assuming that those gun purchases were because he was black, which is ridiculous. I can almost guarantee that if Hilary is elected, guns sales will be even higher than when Obama was elected. Democrats are known for being a party that wants to limit guns. You are race baiting now.

That's all she knows is race bating.

12-11-2014 12:50 PM
    And like Hank, I'm out. Acadia and A895 are exactly the same: they both can't be reasoned with, both flaunt being black, and both are race batters.

12-11-2014 12:51 PM

In assuming it's irrelevant. Because I didn't know Obama ran to fix race relations. I believe he ran on the economy, healthcare, immigration, ending the wars in Middle East, when did he mention "race" as part of his platform?
    A895 likes this.
    12-11-2014 12:51 PM
    I think I know the difference between come from and part of.
    I didn't say you are part of an Ape. I said you may of come from an ape.

12-11-2014 12:52 PM
    And like Hank, I'm out. Acadia and A895 are exactly the same: they both can't be reasoned with, both flaunt being black, and both are race batters.

You can't deal with direct discussion that's on you. Call it race baiting or whatever you feel is necessary to avoid honest and direct dialogue.
    Les74 and A895 like this.
    12-11-2014 12:53 PM
    I didn't say you our part of an Ape. I said you may of come from an ape.

And I said that humans are part of the ape family. Do you know what an "ape" scientifically is???
    12-11-2014 12:54 PM
    The Democratic Party policy is to divide this nation....look, learn and listen.

Lmao!!! Because the GOP is so inclusive? Are you serious... I can't have a direct conversation see below. Any discussion that throws out a "racial" claim is deemed race baiting. No isht? If there were no racial issues then there would be no need to have this discussion.
    A895 likes this.
    12-11-2014 12:57 PM
    And I said that humans are part of the ape family. Do you know what an "ape" scientifically is???
    Fool synonyms..

12-11-2014 12:57 PM
    Fool synonyms..

No they aren't synonyms , it's a subset. Gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, humans make up the great apes family, .. bonobos (lesser apes).

Humans and apes are not synonyms, humans are a subset. Chimpanzees are apes, and humans are apes, but humans are not chimpanzees, ape is the superset. What's more ridiculous is I posted the definition of Ape.
    12-11-2014 01:04 PM
    No they aren't synonyms , it's a subset. Gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, humans make up the great apes family, .. bonobos (lesser apes).

Humans and apes are not synonyms, humans are a subset. Chimpanzees are apes, and humans are apes, but humans are not chimpanzees, ape is the superset. What's more ridiculous is I posted the definition of Ape.
    I think you're a few peas short of a casserole.

I'm done.

12-11-2014 01:09 PM

Humans are in no way, shape, form, or fashion related to apes, except that they were both created by God. Man was created in God's own image, and I don't think that it had anything to do with the ape family.
    12-11-2014 01:37 PM
    I believe he ran on the economy, healthcare, immigration, ending the wars in Middle East,
    Economy- Miserable recovery so far. Middle class have seen no results.

Healthcare- Passed a healthcare bill that over half of this country still disagrees with today.

Immigration- Executive order that 75% of this country disagreed with. He doesn't care what the people want, just what he wants.

Ending the wars- Remains to be seen. Troops are staying in Afghanistan.

Tech eater and Hank, I'm joining y'all on bowing out. Have a blessed day!
    12-11-2014 01:50 PM
    Economy- Miserable recovery so far. Middle class have seen no results.

Healthcare- Passed a healthcare bill that over half of this country still disagrees with today.

Immigration- Executive order that 75% of this country disagreed with. He doesn't care what the people want, just what he wants.

Ending the wars- Remains to be seen. Troops are staying in Afghanistan.

Tech eater and Hank, I'm joining y'all on bowing out. Have a blessed day!
    Your opinions are irrelevant the facts as measured by economist say different, 5.8% unemployment lowest since 2007, highest job growth since 1999.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhart...and-investing/

Again, disagreeing with healthcare bill says nothing about its effectiveness, I see a pattern here with GOP supporters they confuse opinion with fact, but let's go this route 74% of GOP members with ACA plans are satisfied with them, the rate of premium increase was 4.8% , the lowest it's been in more than 2 decades, again, opinions are irrelevanta objective measures are facts.

Troops are out of Iraq, troops are at lowest levels they've been since 2002, in Afghanistan.

Bottom line you want to believe he's a failure, the facts are the evidence says the opposite.
    Scatabrain, mmcfly23 and A895 like this.
    12-11-2014 02:15 PM
    Sorry man I think this is a cop out. the we are all prejudice, schtick, and the fact that people can't call it what it is "racism" is also a cop out. And I do feel many whites do have issues talking about racism because they take it as a personal reflection on their character. Which is why it becomes a defensive argument well everyone is prejudice.

This is my opinion and I think until we can come to terms with it, then it's a useless discussion. The fact is most whites are clueless about racism because they simply don't have to deal with it, they are the majority, no more than a man could comprehend being a woman, the ridiculousness of even equating what was and is ingrained systematic oppression to mere prejudice is exactly why this discussion can't go anywhere. No man all prejudice is not the same and certainly not how the legacy of racism has influenced our culture.

This article explains it well, maybe the issue is we simply view what is racism differently

The new threat: 'Racism without racists' - CNN.com
    Its hilarious...you some how took what I said and equated it to me saying "don't call it racism". I just can't quite understand how you did that, given I never said anything of the sort. Both problems exist, but nothing can be done about racism if people are going to be prejudice on all sides of the fence.

And I get a strong sense there is an idea that the major problem is white on black racism in many of these posts. THAT makes me literally laugh out loud. If you think that, you're a fool.
    12-11-2014 05:46 PM
    Its hilarious...you some how took what I said and equated it to me saying "don't call it racism". I just can't quite understand how you did that, given I never said anything of the sort. Both problems exist, but nothing can be done about racism if people are going to be prejudice on all sides of the fence.

And I get a strong sense there is an idea that the major problem is white on black racism in many of these posts. THAT makes me literally laugh out loud. If you think that, you're a fool.
    Read the article , the fact that you see black on white racism as an issue, if that's what your trying to imply is simply ridiculous. It's beyond comical because it's so divorced from reality. This isn't my speaking but sociologist who examine how amazing some whites have become from the reality of racism to even make or rather truly believe such claims. It's like men who argue women are getting ahead because of AA and now women and men experience similar levels of discrimination. It's comical like I said read the article because it points to these exact arguments people will make in attempt to not deal with what is a real issue.

Moreover, racism is not what you- ie some guy running around with a hood burning crosses. It's not a personal issue but a systematic issue. And this is what some whites seem not to comprehend about what blacks or minorities complain, I don't care that someone is personally racist, I don't care about someone calling me a n....., it's the systematic disadvantage that I will face as a black person compared to someone who is white. It's the fact that regardless of what Darren Wilson did personally, but his voice rather instantly would be believed over 40 or 50 other witnesses to the incident because the very advantage of being gives you greater credibility. You take this racism discussion personally and it's not at all about you , personally. Or what your feelings happen to be.
    Last edited by acadia11; 12-11-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    A895 likes this.
    12-11-2014 08:23 PM
    You are truly trying to say there is not black on white racism? If so, you're a f*#cking imbecile...no two ways about it. You are supporting the idea that due to historic racial events, black people are the ONLY people who can experience racism? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read...truly, cringe worthy idiocy.

I was saying that racism of ANY kind is an issue. Hating or treating a person differently than another based solely on their race is despicable. I know it happens...happens all over the world amongst all races. Yet you want to try and tell me that there is no other issue besides white on black racism?

Seriously...I can't believe how stupid that sounds. I can't believe someone would actually try and support that. Even a person like you, who's posts across this forum are typically asinine...this is beyond what I even expect from you!
    the_tech_eater and hydrogen3 like this.
    12-11-2014 08:54 PM
    You are truly trying to say there is not black on white racism? If so, you're a f*#cking imbecile...no two ways about it. You are supporting the idea that due to historic racial events, black people are the ONLY people who can experience racism? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read...truly, cringe worthy idiocy.

I was saying that racism of ANY kind is an issue. Hating or treating a person differently than another based solely on their race is despicable. I know it happens...happens all over the world amongst all races. Yet you want to try and tell me that there is no other issue besides white on black racism?

Seriously...I can't believe how stupid that sounds. I can't believe someone would actually try and support that. Even a person like you, who's posts across this forum are typically asinine...this is beyond what I even expect from you!
    I've never said there isn't or is black in white racism, but the issue is not individual racism. Moreover to try to imply, yes due to historical events, that white racism or the advantage of being white is somehow been reversed such that "black" racism could remotely influence society to the same degree is absurd.

The very notion is ridiculous on so many levels. Again, you are concerned wth individual racism, do you really believe blacks give a isht that someone calls them N.... Do you know how many times that's happened in my life? Do you think it's something I even notice anymore, this sort of incident means absolutely nothing to me. It's the systematic advantage that being white due to historical context that concerns minorities. This is the issue, the system of racism not personal events of racist acts. And it's not even something most whites notice because they are never in situations where their very "skin color" puts them at a systematic disadvantage.

I'll give you an example start a business in the tech industry , would you ever think about well gee Im white I have to be conscious to make sure I have white partners in order to be seen as legitimate? This is the kind of things being black forces you to think about ... That's racism , that's what minorities care about not that someone is running around with a hood, which frankly today isn't even something to take serious.
    A895 likes this.
    12-11-2014 09:08 PM
    My response became personal because of YOUR WORDS...you called the idea that black on white racism is a problem ridiculous...you're basically saying that it isn't a problem. That is just the thinking of an simpleton. Someone who can't see beyond his own prejudices, angers and racial thoughts. You feel that me saying it's a problem is me also saying it's just as bad as any other type of racism. I never qualified that...you assumed it, and made yourself look like a tool bag coming back at me like you did. Bravo there buddy.

And how on earth did you deduce that is what I felt racism was all about from what I posted? Seriously? Are you just grabbing at imaginary words that were never said in the air and getting pissed off about them? Then replying in a way that makes it seem like I said them? LOL!

And of course I recognize white privilege. I've grown up in it, watching it all around me. The beauty of being someone who befriended almost nothing BUT minority friends and married a Spanish woman is being able to stand outside of the bubble that so many white people are placed in, to observe things...not that it makes me experienced in the type of racism a black person is exposed to (how could I? I'm white!), but to imply some kind of sheltered life? There's that ugly prejudice kicking in.

This goes back to my original statement. It's real easy to prejudge someone because of their skin tone isn't it?

Your pouring gas on the fire if you think the only "major problem" is white on black racism. My original post put it simply...eradicate ALL types or racism by adjusting, correcting and eliminating prejudices. No where in my comment did I try to diminish the issues of white on black racism, nor did I try to elect one racism as more or less important...what I said was you won't get anywhere when people are so full of prejudices, they won't consider that others, regardless of race, might just know EXACTLY where they're coming from, and might want to work totally WITH them to achieve something. Nope, instead, we have people who would rather start mob mentalities based on media exploitation...we have hordes of people who would rather burn a city down on an idea that might have been COMPLETELY fabricated...because of a prejudgement, assumption or false martyr.

What a shame. Guess the only person who can be a victim these days is a black person in your eyes. Too many people like you in the world...dangerously saturated with such ideas, with no real reference of logic. Quick to jump down someone's throat because you're angry about something...never really taking the time to read or comprehend what they're saying because you want to push a point that you never give them a chance to retort on, because you automatically assume their answer...based on absolutely nothing but assumption.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-11-2014 09:28 PM
    And how on earth did you deduce that is what I felt racism was all about from what I posted? Seriously? Are you just grabbing at imaginary words that were never said in the air and getting pissed off about them? Then replying in a way that makes it seem like I said them? LOL!

And of course I recognize white privilege. I've grown up in it, watching it all around me. The beauty of being someone who befriended almost nothing BUT minority friends and married a Spanish woman is being able to stand outside of the bubble that so many white people are placed in, to observe things...not that it makes me experienced in the type of racism a black person is exposed to (how could I? I'm white!), but to imply some kind of sheltered life? There's that ugly prejudice kicking in.

This goes back to my original statement. It's real easy to prejudge someone because of their skin tone isn't it?

Your pouring gas on the fire if you think the only "major problem" is white on black racism. My original post put it simply...eradicate ALL types or racism by adjusting, correcting and eliminating prejudices. No where in my comment did I try to diminish the issues of white on black racism, nor did I try to elect one racism as more or less important...what I said was you won't get anywhere when people are so full of prejudices, they won't consider that others, regardless of race, might just know EXACTLY where they're coming from, and might want to work totally WITH them to achieve something. Nope, instead, we have people who would rather start mob mentalities based on media exploitation...we have hordes of people who would rather burn a city down on an idea that might have been COMPLETELY fabricated...because of a prejudgement, assumption or false martyr.

What a shame. Guess the only person who can be a victim these days is a black person in your eyes. Too many people like you in the world...dangerously saturated with such ideas, with no real reference of logic. Quick to jump down someone's throat because you're angry about something...never really taking the time to read or comprehend what they're saying because you want to push a point that you never give them a chance to retort on, because you automatically assume their answer...based on absolutely nothing but assumption.
    I have to ask again did you even bother reading the article? Comparing blacks and Spanish in America is simply absurd. You didn't say a lot of things but the arguments you make , I have minority friends, I married a Spanish woman, means to me you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's not a better of worse it's a frame of reference in historical contexts absolutely, the experience of blacks in US history is unique compared to other groups , just like say the experience of native Americans is unique, or Jews during Ww2 , ... Again you are caught up in the individual actions and I'm trying to get you to see the systematic difference and there is.

Finally, who said I'm angry. I suggest you step away from the conversation read it tomorrow with an open mind and note the difference in my tone from yours. I've never said anything personally about you, but it's ironic for you it's instantly seen that way. Read the article please, because it shows how differently you view this topic from myself, despite all you think you know...it's actually fascinating. Down to the talk about having minority friends.

Finally, on the victim bit, i find it hilarious because you presume I'm saying no one else can be a victim, or I see myself as a victim, I'm pretty well off and nothing outside looking in for me to be angry about but I also recognize the the experience of blacks in the uS is very unique compared to other groups. To me it's just an ism, it is, it's not in relation to others it's a simple fact, one could argue Native Americans aren't the only ones that could be victims but who cares the point is that their history in the uS is unique compared other groups. Why is it difficult for you to accept history in this way? Experiences are not equal, so why are you trying to pretend they are???
    A895 and mmcfly23 like this.
    12-11-2014 09:49 PM
    Sean, I have a better question what is the big racist issue that you feel, if you feel that blacks are so discriminatory towards whites? What is the impact? What is the equivalence in systematic racism that I'm speaking about.
    A895 likes this.
    12-11-2014 09:54 PM
938 ... 1112131415 ...