Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
They're scientist; they're not tea party members or Alex Jones followers or believers that the New World Order is coming with unmarked black helicopters to put you in a FEMA labor camp.

Answer my questions on the polar vortex and the earth not warming....

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Silly. I'm not dodging a damn thing. I support her 100% her statement is correct.
You can support her 120% as far as I care, but it doesn't make her incorrect statement correct. For reference, I'm quoting you below: You are demanding an answer from palandri, yet you've dodged a straight-forward answer to mine. Instead, you linked me to a bogus comment in Yahoo by someone named "nerd," who didn't support her statement anyway.
So let me sum up our discussion: You cannot back the senator's statement up because there's no scientific spine to it. None.
Answer my questions on the polar vortex and the earth not warming....

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Iceland's Eyjafjoell volcano is emitting between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, a figure placing it in the same emissions league as a small-to-medium European economy, experts said on Monday.

The atmosphere contains only 0.001 per cent of all carbon at the surface of the Earth and far greater quantities are present in the lower crust and mantle of the Earth. Human additions of CO2 to the atmosphere must be taken into perspective. Over the past 250 years, humans have added just one part of CO2 in 10,000 to the atmosphere. One volcanic cough can do this in a day.

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is correct...

Volcano-001.jpg

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
a figure placing it in the same emissions league as a small-to-medium European economy, experts said on Monday.
So what does that mean exactly? That description sounds more like the report is inferring the output is equal to the amount of emissions produce by a single small to medium european country, not the entire european continent ...

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Iceland's Eyjafjoell volcano is emitting between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, a figure placing it in the same emissions league as a small-to-medium European economy, experts said on Monday.

The atmosphere contains only 0.001 per cent of all carbon at the surface of the Earth and far greater quantities are present in the lower crust and mantle of the Earth. Human additions of CO2 to the atmosphere must be taken into perspective. Over the past 250 years, humans have added just one part of CO2 in 10,000 to the atmosphere. One volcanic cough can do this in a day.
Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is correct...

Is She?! Here's the senator's statement, again: "The emissions that are being put in the air by that volcano are a thousand years' worth of emissions that would come from all of the vehicles, all of the manufacturing in Europe."
That same article you quoted from states that: "According to the European Environment Agency (EAA), daily emissions from the aviation sector in the 27 nations of the European Union are around 440,000 tonnes per day." Just from aviation alone!
Furthermore: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis, according to a database at the World Resources Institute (WRI), which tracks environment and sustainable development." This is country-by-country basis, while the senator boasts that the volcano emits 1,000 years worth of carbon dioxide for all of Europe..!
Just stop digging a hole and admit that she's wrong. Very wrong.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
To get a handle on the world carbon dioxide emissions data, this is a good place to start. And once you grasp the magnitude of carbon dioxide emissions on a country-by-country basis (China & US notwithstanding), you realize how preposterous Sen. Murkowski's statement was.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is She?! Here's the senator's statement, again: "The emissions that are being put in the air by that volcano are a thousand years' worth of emissions that would come from all of the vehicles, all of the manufacturing in Europe."
That same article you quoted from states that: "According to the European Environment Agency (EAA), daily emissions from the aviation sector in the 27 nations of the European Union are around 440,000 tonnes per day." Just from aviation alone!
Furthermore: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis, according to a database at the World Resources Institute (WRI), which tracks environment and sustainable development." This is country-by-country basis, while the senator boasts that the volcano emits 1,000 years worth of carbon dioxide for all of Europe..!
Just stop digging a hole and admit that she's wrong. Very wrong.

Continue to dismiss scientific fact..

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We'll have plenty of time to talk about the polar vortex and the earth not warming at the FEMA labor camp. They have a great Kim Jong-un reeducation program there.

Answer the question instead of accusing me of being an Alex Jones follower. Is that the best you got!?!

Umm you can't answer.. You haven't a clue.. The most accurate data—from satellites—confirms that there has been virtually no global warming since 1998

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
To get a handle on the world carbon dioxide emissions data, this is a good place to start. And once you grasp the magnitude of carbon dioxide emissions on a country-by-country basis (China & US notwithstanding), you realize how preposterous Sen. Murkowski's statement was.

Al you are doing is pushing their agenda.. I have posted fact after fact you can't even answer about the polar vortex's...

Former vice president Al Gore, won a Nobel Prize in 2007 for claiming that there is a dangerous man-made global warming that threatens the world. However, it has since been revealed that he convinced many people through inaccurate information in his "documentary," i.e., he only won the Nobel Prize by lying.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So what does that mean exactly? That description sounds more like the report is inferring the output is equal to the amount of emissions produce by a single small to medium european country, not the entire european continent ...

It means, One volcanic cough can do this in a day.

Last edited:

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Al you are doing is pushing their agenda.. I have posted fact after fact you can't even answer about the polar vortex's....
Continue to dismiss scientific fact..
It means, One volcanic cough can do this in a day.

Let me quote my young daughter, because I find it fitting: "OMG!"
* The only agenda I'm "pushing" is for you to admit that Sen. Murkowski's statement was, and still is, preposterous. In this entire exchange with you I didn't talk about global warming, only about a statement made by the above senator.
* The polar vortex post wasn't mine: I have nothing to do with it. nada. nichts. intet.
* What scientific fact are you alluding to? What part of this sentence do you not understand: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis"? Yes it emits (on good days) between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, but that in minuscule compared to Europe as a whole!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro