Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
More Scientific proof....

Global warming scientists forced to admit defeat... because of too much ice: Stranded Antarctic ship's crew will be rescued by helicopter

"They went in search evidence of the world’s melting ice caps, but instead a team of climate scientists have been forced to abandon their mission … because the Antarctic ice is thicker than usual at this time of year."

*sigh* yawning

If you dig a little deeper, he still believes that the ice is melting. This argument is like saying there is no global warming because we still have winter or that it rained. No one is taking your "evidence" because you keep linking very unprofessional sites(to the point where it looks like a conspiracy theory center or a virus-loaded website) and nothing from actual studies. Show the papers. The idea of global warming is NOT that ALL the ice is melted, dude. I don't say it is summer because I find myself in a sunny day in the middle of winter.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the sadest threads I've seen here yet. Let's get back to the "community" part of the forum, bite your lip, accept everyone has their own opinions and with something like this there is no real right or wrong opinion.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the sadest threads I've seen here yet. Let's get back to the "community" part of the forum, bite your lip, accept everyone has their own opinions and with something like this there is no real right or wrong opinion.

The sad thing is that there really is a right, and a wrong to this subject. Some of the delusional here refuse to believe that we have quite possibly damaged the very planet that supports us beyond repair. Thanks for trying to spread warm fuzzies ?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The sad thing is that there really is a right, and a wrong to this subject. Some of the delusional here refuse to believe that we have quite possibly damaged the very planet that supports us beyond repair. Thanks for trying to spread warm fuzzies ?

I knew it would be a long shot but had to try

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Of course conservatives deny human activity is responsible climate change....... of course.

Follow the money... it never lies.

I apologize hydro..... you don't have a choice on your position. Your hands are tied.

frack.png

top-contributions.jpg

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Utopianism substitutes glorious predictions and unachievable promises for knowledge, science, and reason, while laying claim to them all. We now have the progressives "climate change" playbook and we know what they are doing, and we are using it against them. Unlike the Democrats though, we aren't out to destroy our society, we are out to save it..

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Of course conservatives deny human activity is responsible climate change....... of course.

Follow the money... it never lies.

I apologize hydro..... you don't have a choice on your position. Your hands are tied.

While you're "following the money" please take a moment to look into Tom Steyer, George Soros...and a host of other moneybag Liberals that make the Koch brothers look like pauper pikers in comparison, and until you want those voices silenced like you want the Koch brothers silenced, you have no leg to stand on.

Democrats funded by billionaires complain about Republicans funded by billionaires - The Washington Post

Last edited:

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Follow the money...

OK so what is your proposal ? How do you think we should deal with this problem in the real world, without pushing our manufacturing abroad with resulting increase in net global pollution ? How realistic is it for the West to be able to force China, India, Brazil, Russia and a whole bunch of other countries to clean up their act (and give up their strategic advantages of cheap labor and cheap energy, quite possibly ending their economic growth spur) ? Does the West even have this kind of clout anymore ? Or will the developing countries just give it the finger & grab as much of the pie as they can ?

Are you prepared to deal with the snowball effect of massive inflation and job losses ?

During the automotive bailout of 2008, it was estimated that allowing GM and Chrysler to fold would create a chain reaction with automotive suppliers failing and taking down Ford with them, quite likely also causing he closures of Japanese and German plants from Michigan to Tennessee, with roughly 2 million well paying jobs lost in the Midwest alone, plus a massive impact on Silicon Valley (I was actually quite shocked to learn that the automotive industry in Detroit was the biggest customer of California microchip companies). Now that was just one industry in just one country.

It's easy to feel all righteous saying all the right words and slogans. Much harder to come up with a real solution.

Honestly, both sides of the debate appear clueless, in eir own unique ways,

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the qualifications to answer that question Amambe.

But I do know that if humanity collectively can not come up with the solution, it will be forced upon us.... brutally and without mercy.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
While you're "following the money" please take a moment to look into Tom Steyer, George Soros...and a host of other moneybag Liberals that make the Koch brothers look like pauper pikers in comparison, and until you want those voices silenced like you want the Koch brothers silenced, you have no leg to stand on.

Democrats funded by billionaires complain about Republicans funded by billionaires - The Washington Post

I am all for taking the money out of politics. In regard to global warming..... Republicans are on the hook of oil companies big time.

It goes both ways on a host of other things, but on this subject matter alone, oil has bought the republican party.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am all for taking the money out of politics. In regard to global warming..... Republicans are on the hook of oil companies big time.

It goes both ways on a host of other things, but on this subject matter alone, oil has bought the republican party.
Tom Steyer... buying the other side... Republicans are a paltry attempt at "equal time" to Steyer...

Last edited:

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the qualifications to answer that question Amambe.

But I do know that if humanity collectively can not come up with the solution, it will be forced upon us.... brutally and without mercy.

It can't. There's no "humanity". There's a mix of various civilizations with different structure, mentality and goals. Rich people want their profits, poor people want a roof over their head and a meal on their table. Billions of people live in abject poverty and if they had to chose between improving their economic situation or living on a clean planet, guess what the choice would be. Make a search on pollution in China, look at the photos - do you seriously think we can solve this problem by handing them even more of our manufacturing ? Or do you think the environment conscious Germans will stop buying gas from Russia, which is extracted with little regard to the environment in Siberia ? No, they want to be warm in the winter.

Can more be done to reduce pollution ? Sure. But it will be a slow and steady process with some reverses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR