Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The UN wants control over sovereign nations. They have no right to impose any rules, regulations on the U.S.

We are slowly giving them control. There is a hidden agenda.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I always find it odd that these people hate scientists and their views yet they quote studies. Who made these studies and why are they believing them? When pressed they fall back on assertions not backed by any evidence whatsoever. This is honestly like bend-gate. They are fed these ridiculous notions and they believe them without any scientific evidence. Tell me, who is the sheep if not the people who believe things on faith rather than scientific, evidence-based thought? Scientists spend years measuring and analyzing the data; this isn't belief where you get to assert something for free.

The last little ice age ended in 1850 about. There has been no increase in volcanic activity. The sun has been going through a COOLING trend, opposite that of the rise of the average temperature on earth.

The scientific study is not a liberal conspiracy. Throughout human history science has freed the human race from dogma. It has given you your iPhone and all this wonderful technology yet most people don't accept it. It is strange.

I don't think people who oppose Global Warming have anything to worry about. The human race only seems to react to immediate dangers and cannot think long-term. Most Christian conservatives think the believers will be raptured anyway, the tribulation will happen and everyone else will be thrown into hell. Jesus will come back, re-make the earth into the Conservative principles he loves so much and live happily ever after.

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Proposed laws to reduce carbon emissions will do nothing to help the environment and will cause significant price increases for all. Many reputable scientists support this theory.

BS!, name one reputable scientist that supports that nonsense? I doubt you can, or you already would've ...
tumblr_lmxlul7wvW1qgfo5ao1_500.png

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
And isn't it ironic… don't you think?

You have ignore the fact that many scientific insiders have published solid science ..... The references have been posted by many in this thread. What I find I ironic is that it's usually the Globalist pushing "climate change" now called "climate collapse". want open borders as well. Keep ignoring the facts posted in this thread. You only discuss nonsense.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. That's the way of...A Natural cycle of life. "Al Gore got it wrong"

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
And isn't it ironic? don't you think?

You have ignore the fact that many scientific insiders have published solid science ..... The references have been posted by many in this thread. What I find I ironic is that it's usually the Globalist pushing "climate change" now called "climate collapse". want open borders as well. Keep ignoring the facts posted in this thread. You only discuss nonsense.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. That's the way of...A Natural cycle of life. "Al Gore got it wrong"

You haven't posted a piece of evidence yet. How can you believe one group of scientists over another? Is it because they support or push your political bias and beliefs?

And FYI: No one but YOU had said "climate collapse". You need to stop ignoring facts.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Creation of the entire global warming hoax provides the basis for the transfer of funds between developed and undeveloped nations and would grant greater power to the United Nations to reduce the world’s manufacturing base while endangering and controlling the lives of everyone on Earth. The real threats remain climate events over which mankind never has and never will have any control.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Luckily scientists do not care if these people hate them.

Yes but theycare if other kinds of people hate them. There's bias going both ways.

For example - I don't have any data, so it's a pure speculation - but my engineering experience, travels that I had to do for business, and common sense tell me that strict environmental regulations imposed in developed countries had pushed "dirty" manufacturing to developing countries with lax or no enviro standards and much more wasteful processes (a pound of steel produced in India generates far more waste than a pound of steel produced in the US, plus with higher product rejection rate due to lower quality control they have to make more of it for the same final output).

So I believe that the net impact of tighter environmental standards in the EU and US may have been the increase in the net global pollution. To keep the pollution levels down, the strict standards would have to be coupled with protective tariffs and independent monitoring of real level of pollution in developing countries. Guess how likely is this to happen.

Are there any studies on that subject ? I would imagine most scientists would not touch this highly charged political issue with a ten foot pole, as they would be under attack from environmentalists (don't you dare to suggest that fighting pollution creates more pollution !), businesses (don't you dare to impose the tariffs !) and third world countries (you imperialist racist pigs, don't you dare to blame us and suggest we must be monitored and punished !)

So, no, they don't appear as crazily ignorant as the climate change deniers, but they are just as guilty of refusing to look at the real issues.

If anything, I lean the enviro way - I want to live in a livable society, and want my kids to enjoy clean water and clean air. But I also realize that we need technology and comforts of civilization, and jobs and businesses, and some sacrifices must be made both ways. We are also increasingly less capable of influencing other countries like China / India. What we really lack is the level headed politicians and scientists and citizens willing to look at the big problems using common sense and have a honest discussion based on best compromise and realistic goals. The US seems to be particularly bad in that respect, but I don't think Europe is much better, either, with that huge bureaucracy in Brussels on top of local governments and a bunch of hot headed leftist / Green parties that seem to largely be driven by convictions and zeal, not common sense and logic. Just like some people here..

Last edited:

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You haven't posted a piece of evidence yet. How can you believe one group of scientists over another? Is it because they support or push your political bias and beliefs?

And FYI: No one but YOU had said "climate collapse". You need to stop ignoring facts.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Where is the so called evidence for climate change or now climate collapse you speak of? Well!?! Several people have posted research showing the Earth has not warmed in the past 17-20 years.... Oceans are actually cooling..

Ignore the obvious...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Position Statements By Other Major Scientific Institutes

The following is a list of climate change position papers put out by the major governmental scientific institutes of the world that deal with the atmosphere, ocean, and climate. All of these organizations agree that significant human-caused climate change is occurring:

United Nations IPCC
American Meteorological Society
NOAA
U.S. National Academy of Sciences
NASA
EPA
American Geophysical Union
National Center for Atmospheric Research
Royal Society of the United Kingdom
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Royal Society (UK) (PDF File)
Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society (UK)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Conservatism is common sense and logic. Not convictions and zeal... Just like some people on here...

Okay Mr. Common Sense, Please explain how it's common sense that pumping your body full of garbage will have adverse effects, and eventually kill you?
Super_Size_Me_Poster.jpg

Yet that same common sense doesn't tell you that doing essentially the same things to our planet will produce similar results?
5.jpgbp3.jpgchina_beijing_pollution_reuters_600.jpgfreshkills081201_1_560.jpg