Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

dsvochak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Proof of the liberal political agenda.

As though Fox News doesn't have a conservative political agenda.

Quoting "information" derived from confirmation bias, whether left or right, does not lead to a solution.

Me: I used to be an anarchist but I quit because there were too many rules.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Naysayers to Climate Change need to quit posting before more people lose respect for you, and your opinions.
How dare you! Who are you to determine who should stop participating in this thread simply because you don't like the fact that some people are opposed to or don't fully agree with the information being spewed by those who support the notion of climate change? I'm sure you wouldn't like for a naysayer to tell you to "quit posting before more people lose respect for you...". I I will tell YOU and ANYONE else that I DO NOT buy into the global warming/climate change dogma, and I don't care who dislikes it or disagrees with me. Call me ignorant, stupid, dumb, foolish, etcetera, and lose all the respect for me that you want. I DON'T CARE, and I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it. Period.
I don't care how many hours of sitting in front of a TV watching The FOX News Channel it took to for you to become this ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that climate change is a very real threat that is upon us all right now! The signs of this are everywhere, but common sense alone should tell you that its all too easy to mine, pollute, deforest, drill, overpopulate, radiate, and abuse our planet into oblivion...
That attitude reminds me of that IBM commercial where they say, "Let's build a better planet" as if they had a hand in building any of the current ones but didn't like the specs or as if they know how to build a planet. Your bias is so evident that no opposing view, no matter how logical, will ever be good enough for you, but that's okay. Some of us understand that there will be those with opposing views, and we're okay with it. Why? Because we're tolerant....:)

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I seriously don't give a rip about whether global warming is true or not. I feel that as Christians we have a responsibility to take measures to not exploit the earth, and take care of it. It's very true that global warming is a left-wing conspiracy, but denying it is a right-wing thing. Both sides are in the wrong. Neither side will consider anything other than their view, no matter how logical.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
How can anyone deny global warming when this thread's heat index is sizzling?... :devil:
But, really, regardless of all that, earth's health should matter to us. There are things we can do now to improve our lives and the environment.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
How can anyone deny global warming when this thread's heat index is sizzling?... :devil:
But, really, regardless of all that, earth's health should matter to us. There are things we can do now to improve our lives and the environment.

I agree completely! Driving an environmental friendly vehicle not only emits less harmful gas, but it also saves money. Going green almost always saves large amounts of money, while preserving the environment. Who doesn't want to save money?!?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Climate change is not debatable, whether it will affect us now and later on down the road, is what we should be worrying about. Whether we as humans can affect the climate can always be for debate too. But, personally I think with the number of people on the planet I do believe that we have had an impact on the planet, but between the number of people who can't access the info., the people who don't care, and the people who flat out refuse to believe anything is anything other than a political agenda, nothing will get done this generation, the hope is that what we are doing now won't affect the next generation so badly.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
These type of debates can not be won. No matter how hard you try.... Politics and religion you will wear the color off your iPhone keypad trying to get your point across.

Ain't that the truth and both topics are enough to make you vomit.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We are at the tail end of the Ice Age. It cane and went, and we're seeing the resulting effects. The warming back up has slowed to a crawl. As per the Cyclical pattern, the earth should be getting colder again in the next 25 to 50 years. What I'm gonna hate most about that, is that AL Gore won't be here to witness the start of the cool down. It may have already begun.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I seriously don't give a rip about whether global warming is true or not. I feel that as Christians we have a responsibility to take measures to not exploit the earth, and take care of it. It's very true that global warming is a left-wing conspiracy, but denying it is a right-wing thing. Both sides are in the wrong. Neither side will consider anything other than their view, no matter how logical.

Conspiracy for what???? Somehow liberals have convinced 90% of the scientific community that humans are a causality of global warming? How did they do that? By offering them a cut on the billion solar panels they plan on selling to the world so they can "profit"?

Give me a specific plausible reason for the liberal conspiracy. I mean specific.

Everything that comes out of Al Gore's mouth is a lie because he's a Democrat? All Democrats/Liberals are liars, he77 bent on destroying the economy? Destroying the country? The World?

Why would Gore, who happens to sit on the board of directors at Apple, destroy his own fortune to make a profit in green energy when he won't live long enough to reap those benefits?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a scientist. But I do not understand how by burning fossil fuels, with a smaller contribution from deforestation, we're helping ourselves!?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Conspiracy for what???? Somehow liberals have convinced 90% of the scientific community that humans are a causality of global warming? How did they do that? By offering them a cut on the billion solar panels they plan on selling to the world so they can "profit"?

Give me a specific plausible reason for the liberal conspiracy. I mean specific.

Everything that comes out of Al Gore's mouth is a lie because he's a Democrat? All Democrats/Liberals are liars, he77 bent on destroying the economy? Destroying the country? The World?

Why would Gore, who happens to sit on the board of directors at Apple, destroy his own fortune to make a profit in green energy when he won't live long enough to reap those benefits?

I said I don't give it a rip. You took one thing I said, while ignoring the other things I said that are all connected. I probably could have worded things better in the post you're quoting. I'm trying to say to say liberals tend to blow things out of proportion, while conservatives tend to deny its there in the first place. Either way I don't really give it a rip. I do my part to preserve the earth, and that's it. Peace.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a proof for saying this?
I read it a couple of years ago. The Ice Age gas been winding down. Earth had the little Ice Age a few hundred years ago. It's steadily been getting warmer since. Up until recent years. The Sun is responsible for the ice cap issues. I don't recall how.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
How dare you! Who are you to determine who should stop participating in this thread simply because you don't like the fact that some people are opposed to or don't fully agree with the information being spewed by those who support the notion of climate change? I'm sure you wouldn't like for a naysayer to tell you to "quit posting before more people lose respect for you...". I I will tell YOU and ANYONE else that I DO NOT buy into the global warming/climate change dogma, and I don't care who dislikes it or disagrees with me. Call me ignorant, stupid, dumb, foolish, etcetera, and lose all the respect for me that you want. I DON'T CARE, and I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it. Period. That attitude reminds me of that IBM commercial where they say, "Let's build a better planet" as if they had a hand in building any of the current ones but didn't like the specs or as if they know how to build a planet. Your bias is so evident that no opposing view, no matter how logical, will ever be good enough for you, but that's okay. Some of us understand that there will be those with opposing views, and we're okay with it. Why? Because we're tolerant....:)
How dare I?, How dare you take pride in being a ignoramus, and then having the gall to try and spin it so it's somehow my fault that I have enough intelligence to understand that we are killing the very planet that we live on.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
The zealots from both sides, quite frankly, are worth each other.

You don't think we should be burning fossil fuels ? So what do you propose ? Going 200 years back in development ? Building more nuclear plants ? Restricting population growth in developing countries ? How do you suggest we deal with China and India ? come on, let's have an honest discussion, not just some hippie slogans without any substance. And notice that I lean more on your side than Rush addicts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox