Yes. Your always right. People that disagree with you are wrong. I'm sure you voted for nobama twice
    10-08-2014 03:34 PM
    Yes. Your always right. People that disagree with you are wrong. I'm sure you voted for nobama twice
    It is you're... not your. What was that about education?
    Last edited by kilofoxtrot; 10-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    A895 likes this.
    10-08-2014 03:38 PM
    Disagree away.... The UN invented and is using climate change to enable governments to control people and their economies? Really? Are you serious?
    A895 likes this.
    10-08-2014 03:45 PM
    The UN wants control over sovereign nations. They have no right to impose any rules, regulations on the U.S.

We are slowly giving them control. There is a hidden agenda.
    10-08-2014 03:56 PM
    I always find it odd that these people hate scientists and their views yet they quote studies. Who made these studies and why are they believing them? When pressed they fall back on assertions not backed by any evidence whatsoever. This is honestly like bend-gate. They are fed these ridiculous notions and they believe them without any scientific evidence. Tell me, who is the sheep if not the people who believe things on faith rather than scientific, evidence-based thought? Scientists spend years measuring and analyzing the data; this isn't belief where you get to assert something for free.

The last little ice age ended in 1850 about. There has been no increase in volcanic activity. The sun has been going through a COOLING trend, opposite that of the rise of the average temperature on earth.

The scientific study is not a liberal conspiracy. Throughout human history science has freed the human race from dogma. It has given you your iPhone and all this wonderful technology yet most people don't accept it. It is strange.

I don't think people who oppose Global Warming have anything to worry about. The human race only seems to react to immediate dangers and cannot think long-term. Most Christian conservatives think the believers will be raptured anyway, the tribulation will happen and everyone else will be thrown into hell. Jesus will come back, re-make the earth into the Conservative principles he loves so much and live happily ever after.
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 10-08-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Not Quite Right and A895 like this.
    10-08-2014 04:30 PM
    Proposed laws to reduce carbon emissions will do nothing to help the environment and will cause significant price increases for all. Many reputable scientists support this theory.
    BS!, name one reputable scientist that supports that nonsense? I doubt you can, or you already would've ...
    Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-tumblr_lmxlul7wvw1qgfo5ao1_500.png
    A895 likes this.
    10-08-2014 04:36 PM
    I always find it odd that these people hate scientists.....
    Luckily scientists do not care if these people hate them.
    A895 likes this.
    10-08-2014 04:38 PM
    Global warming? Baaaah! Not according to these recent weather reports.
    http://iceagenow.info/

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-08-2014 04:43 PM
    And isn't it ironic… don't you think?

You have ignore the fact that many scientific insiders have published solid science ..... The references have been posted by many in this thread. What I find I ironic is that it's usually the Globalist pushing "climate change" now called "climate collapse". want open borders as well. Keep ignoring the facts posted in this thread. You only discuss nonsense.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. That's the way of...A Natural cycle of life. "Al Gore got it wrong"
    10-08-2014 05:30 PM
    Global warming? Baaaah! Not according to these recent weather reports.
    Ice Age Now

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Another fact that will be ignored.
    10-08-2014 05:44 PM
    And isn't it ironic don't you think?

You have ignore the fact that many scientific insiders have published solid science ..... The references have been posted by many in this thread. What I find I ironic is that it's usually the Globalist pushing "climate change" now called "climate collapse". want open borders as well. Keep ignoring the facts posted in this thread. You only discuss nonsense.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. That's the way of...A Natural cycle of life. "Al Gore got it wrong"
    You haven't posted a piece of evidence yet. How can you believe one group of scientists over another? Is it because they support or push your political bias and beliefs?

And FYI: No one but YOU had said "climate collapse". You need to stop ignoring facts.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    10-09-2014 02:28 AM
    Creation of the entire global warming hoax provides the basis for the transfer of funds between developed and undeveloped nations and would grant greater power to the United Nations to reduce the world’s manufacturing base while endangering and controlling the lives of everyone on Earth. The real threats remain climate events over which mankind never has and never will have any control.
    kch50428 likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:00 AM
    Luckily scientists do not care if these people hate them.
    Yes but theycare if other kinds of people hate them. There's bias going both ways.

For example - I don't have any data, so it's a pure speculation - but my engineering experience, travels that I had to do for business, and common sense tell me that strict environmental regulations imposed in developed countries had pushed "dirty" manufacturing to developing countries with lax or no enviro standards and much more wasteful processes (a pound of steel produced in India generates far more waste than a pound of steel produced in the US, plus with higher product rejection rate due to lower quality control they have to make more of it for the same final output).

So I believe that the net impact of tighter environmental standards in the EU and US may have been the increase in the net global pollution. To keep the pollution levels down, the strict standards would have to be coupled with protective tariffs and independent monitoring of real level of pollution in developing countries. Guess how likely is this to happen.

Are there any studies on that subject ? I would imagine most scientists would not touch this highly charged political issue with a ten foot pole, as they would be under attack from environmentalists (don't you dare to suggest that fighting pollution creates more pollution !), businesses (don't you dare to impose the tariffs !) and third world countries (you imperialist racist pigs, don't you dare to blame us and suggest we must be monitored and punished !)

So, no, they don't appear as crazily ignorant as the climate change deniers, but they are just as guilty of refusing to look at the real issues.

If anything, I lean the enviro way - I want to live in a livable society, and want my kids to enjoy clean water and clean air. But I also realize that we need technology and comforts of civilization, and jobs and businesses, and some sacrifices must be made both ways. We are also increasingly less capable of influencing other countries like China / India. What we really lack is the level headed politicians and scientists and citizens willing to look at the big problems using common sense and have a honest discussion based on best compromise and realistic goals. The US seems to be particularly bad in that respect, but I don't think Europe is much better, either, with that huge bureaucracy in Brussels on top of local governments and a bunch of hot headed leftist / Green parties that seem to largely be driven by convictions and zeal, not common sense and logic. Just like some people here..
    Last edited by Amamba; 10-09-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    10-09-2014 08:36 AM
    You haven't posted a piece of evidence yet. How can you believe one group of scientists over another? Is it because they support or push your political bias and beliefs?

And FYI: No one but YOU had said "climate collapse". You need to stop ignoring facts.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Where is the so called evidence for climate change or now climate collapse you speak of? Well!?! Several people have posted research showing the Earth has not warmed in the past 17-20 years.... Oceans are actually cooling..

Ignore the obvious...
    10-09-2014 11:21 AM
    Yes but theycare if other driven by convictions and zeal, not common sense and logic. Just like some people here..
    Conservatism is common sense and logic. Not convictions and zeal... Just like some people on here...
    kch50428 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:24 AM
    Ignore the obvious...
    That seems to be what you're best at doing ...
    Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-screen-shot-2014-10-09-9.09.15-am.png
    10-09-2014 12:15 PM
    Position Statements By Other Major Scientific Institutes

The following is a list of climate change position papers put out by the major governmental scientific institutes of the world that deal with the atmosphere, ocean, and climate. All of these organizations agree that significant human-caused climate change is occurring:

United Nations IPCC
    American Meteorological Society
    NOAA
    U.S. National Academy of Sciences
    NASA
    EPA
    American Geophysical Union
    National Center for Atmospheric Research
    Royal Society of the United Kingdom
    Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
    Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Royal Society (UK) (PDF File)
    Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society (UK)
    Les74, A895 and kilofoxtrot like this.
    10-09-2014 12:16 PM
    Once upon a time it was scientific consensus the earth was flat...how did that turn out?
    10-09-2014 12:23 PM
    Conservatism is common sense and logic. Not convictions and zeal... Just like some people on here...
    Okay Mr. Common Sense, Please explain how it's common sense that pumping your body full of garbage will have adverse effects, and eventually kill you?
    Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-super_size_me_poster.jpg

Yet that same common sense doesn't tell you that doing essentially the same things to our planet will produce similar results?
    Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-5.jpgWhy is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-bp3.jpgWhy is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-china_beijing_pollution_reuters_600.jpgWhy is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-freshkills081201_1_560.jpg
    A895 likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:39 PM
    Once upon a time it was scientific consensus the earth was flat...how did that turn out?
    Yes, and I'm sure everyone would agree that science has advanced significantly since that era. Unlike your way of thinking, and most major religions ...
    10-09-2014 12:46 PM
    You keep proving hydorgen3's point... thanks.
    Seriously, is that the best you can do???, or am I expected to wait until FOX News & Friends is over to receive some type of relevant response? In all honesty HYDROGEN3 has yet to make a point. Unless the point was to show the rest of the board their complete and utter ignorance of the subject matter, then that point has been made quite effectively ...
    Now my sincere apologies for continually interrupting your daily briefing of BS. This should help you catch up on the latest intel ...
    Fox & Friends CRU email segment: Climate change denial? Check. Email falsehoods? Check. Outrage? Check. | Video | Media Matters for America
    A895 likes this.
    10-09-2014 01:33 PM
    Okay Mr. Common Sense, Please explain how it's common sense that pumping your body full of garbage will have adverse effects, and eventually kill you?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super_Size_Me_Poster.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	67850

Yet that same common sense doesn't tell you that doing essentially the same things to our planet will produce similar results?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	67851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bp3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	67852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	china_beijing_pollution_reuters_600.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	67853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freshkills081201_1_560.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	67854

Good grief man.. Yes, we pollute the planet.... That's 100% correct.. Point?
    10-09-2014 02:26 PM
    With all due respect, many people calling themselves "conservatives" are not. Dubya was the prime example - a radical if there ever was one. (His dad was more of a traditional conservative).

"Conservatism" and "liberalism" are such broad, vague, misused and abused labels, they hardly mean anything anymore.

There's a change in climate. That much we do know. It may have some (large, small, medium) human component. This is safe to assume. There are things that can only be done on the global scale, you can't fix the pollution problem in the EU/US by pushing the manufacturing to the countries that are polluting even more, in the end you just end up with more pollution and fewer jobs (and as your economic power dwindles, so does your ability to influence these other countries). We're seeing it happening now.

Both the self styled "conservatives" and self styled "environmentalist" are fighting an ideological battle and not really addressing the real issues. The "deniers" refuse to accept that there's a real scientific consensus, or that there's even a man made component to climate change. The "tree huggers" refuse to accept that one-sided restrictive laws in the end only result in more pollution, not less. It's all just blind faith and pre-canned ideas. On both sides, mind you.

You don't want to burn fossil fuel ? Build more nuclear stations. There's currently no better alternative. Wind and solar are niche and will remain niche for quite some time.

You want to impose suffocating environmental regulations on domestic companies ? Do you then also have the power to impose severe trade tariffs on imports ? Oh, you have no control over that ? Too bad, you just increased global pollution and shrunk your economy.

There's no free lunch.
    10-09-2014 02:31 PM
    Media Matters is a source for intel? That is utter bovine ordure. MMfA is for people who get their news from ComedyCentral.
    Last edited by kch50428; 10-09-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    10-09-2014 02:31 PM
    Position Statements By Other Major Scientific Institutes

The following is a list of climate change position papers put out by the major governmental scientific institutes of the world that deal with the atmosphere, ocean, and climate. All of these organizations agree that significant human-caused climate change is occurring:

United Nations IPCC
    American Meteorological Society
    NOAA
    U.S. National Academy of Sciences
    NASA
    EPA
    American Geophysical Union
    National Center for Atmospheric Research
    Royal Society of the United Kingdom
    Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
    Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Royal Society (UK) (PDF File)
    Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society (UK)
    United nations..imagine that.. We discussed the U.N already. Do you by chance watch The" Alan Colmes Show," He's on Fox news... What a slide show....
    10-09-2014 02:32 PM
495 ... 34567 ...