"Environmentalism as the new face of communism"

Another wow.... just wow.
    To quote rush Limbaugh

"" climate change as a ‘hoax’. people who are promoting man made global warming are a bunch of frauds. They are liberals, they lie. It’s not a generalization. It is an undeniable truth of life.”

Disclaimer: I have not listen to Rush in years. This quote is from an interview a few years back. I was reading a article on "Climate change" the other day and he was quoted in the article.
    10-07-2014 03:14 PM
    H3, I bet KF will "just wow" that one too..
    10-07-2014 03:17 PM
    Yes, there is climate change.

Humans are not the cause... The climate has changed cyclically since the dawn of time, and human activity can't do thing one about it in any meaningful way. What did humans do that caused the last ice age? What did humans do to end the ice age?
    Climate change can happen naturally without human intervention:

- Changes in the Earth's orbit
    - Changes in the sun's energy
    - Photosynthesis
    - Increased Volcanic eruptions

These activities alone do not account for the amount of climate change we are presently seeing nor does it account for the rapidity of the change. Greenhouse gases cause atmospheric warming. Dumping million of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere everyday isn't without consequences.
    10-07-2014 03:17 PM
    H3, I bet KF will "just wow" that one too..
    NO... I'll just wow your's instead.
    A895, Les74 and grover5 like this.
    10-07-2014 03:18 PM
    To quote rush Limbaugh

"" climate change as a ‘hoax’. people who are promoting man made global warming are a bunch of frauds. They are liberals, they lie. It’s not a generalization. It is an undeniable truth of life.”

Disclaimer: I have not listen to Rush in years. This quote is from an interview a few years back. I was reading a article on "Climate change" the other day and he was quoted in the article.
    Did Limbaugh say that before he was a drug addict, while he was an addict or after?

I bet while he was an addict.
    Last edited by kilofoxtrot; 10-07-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    10-07-2014 03:20 PM
    Rush is a lying moron with hidden agenda, just like Michael Moore. They could be brothers.

There definitely is a human component to the latest great change in climate. I am just not convinced that this could be blamed on human activity alone, or even that it is the major contributor; and I am 100% convinced that, short of a total catastrophe, there is no global political will to do anything.
    kilofoxtrot, A895, Les74 and 1 others like this.
    10-07-2014 03:23 PM
    Here in the US, there's rabid anti-warming propaganda, driven by corporations that are afraid of being forced into excessively strict environmental standards. The sad thing is, if we had a honest country wide discussion on what the proposed environmental strategy to combat global warming should be, how much we really know, how much we can hope to achieve, how much real support can we expect to see from other countries, and what would this mean for our economy in the short and long run, chances are they would get what they want anyway.

I don't think we can do much alone, I am sure we won't see real commitment from other major global players, and I am sure the effect on US economy would be extremely negative with little if any real impact on climate. The idiots like Rush only mask the real problem and make the rest of us look stupid.
    10-07-2014 03:36 PM
    Naysayers to Climate Change need to quit posting before more people lose respect for you, and your opinions. I don't care how many hours of sitting in front of a TV watching The FOX News Channel it took to for you to become this ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that climate change is a very real threat that is upon us all right now! The signs of this are everywhere, but common sense alone should tell you that its all too easy to mine, pollute, deforest, drill, overpopulate, radiate, and abuse our planet into oblivion...
    10-07-2014 03:48 PM
    It's like the gun control debate... The anti-gun crowd calls for more and more laws (which only impact law abiding citizens since criminals aren't obeying them anyway) and are trying hard to outlaw the "scary" assault rifles that are used in less than .5 % of murders annually; the Pro crowd talks about armed militia as if they are just about to launch a Constitution guerrilla movement with their pistols and hunting rifles against tanks and drones; both sides carefully avoid talking about real problems - who commits most murders and why, and what's the plan to disarm _that_ segment of the population before disarming the everyday Joe with kids and dogs.
    10-07-2014 03:51 PM
    Naysayers to Climate Change need to quit posting before more people lose respect for you, and your opinions. I don't care how many hours of sitting in front of a TV watching The FOX News Channel it took to for you to become this ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that climate change is a very real threat that is upon us all right now! The signs of this are everywhere, but common sense alone should tell you that its all too easy to mine, pollute, deforest, drill, overpopulate, radiate, and abuse our planet into oblivion...
    Proof of the liberal political agenda.
    10-07-2014 04:32 PM
    Proof of the liberal political agenda.
    As though Fox News doesn't have a conservative political agenda.

Quoting "information" derived from confirmation bias, whether left or right, does not lead to a solution.

Me: I used to be an anarchist but I quit because there were too many rules.
    A895 and Les74 like this.
    10-07-2014 06:06 PM
    Naysayers to Climate Change need to quit posting before more people lose respect for you, and your opinions.
    How dare you! Who are you to determine who should stop participating in this thread simply because you don't like the fact that some people are opposed to or don't fully agree with the information being spewed by those who support the notion of climate change? I'm sure you wouldn't like for a naysayer to tell you to "quit posting before more people lose respect for you...". I I will tell YOU and ANYONE else that I DO NOT buy into the global warming/climate change dogma, and I don't care who dislikes it or disagrees with me. Call me ignorant, stupid, dumb, foolish, etcetera, and lose all the respect for me that you want. I DON'T CARE, and I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it. Period.
    I don't care how many hours of sitting in front of a TV watching The FOX News Channel it took to for you to become this ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that climate change is a very real threat that is upon us all right now! The signs of this are everywhere, but common sense alone should tell you that its all too easy to mine, pollute, deforest, drill, overpopulate, radiate, and abuse our planet into oblivion...
    That attitude reminds me of that IBM commercial where they say, "Let's build a better planet" as if they had a hand in building any of the current ones but didn't like the specs or as if they know how to build a planet. Your bias is so evident that no opposing view, no matter how logical, will ever be good enough for you, but that's okay. Some of us understand that there will be those with opposing views, and we're okay with it. Why? Because we're tolerant....
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-07-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    10-07-2014 07:06 PM
    I seriously don't give a rip about whether global warming is true or not. I feel that as Christians we have a responsibility to take measures to not exploit the earth, and take care of it. It's very true that global warming is a left-wing conspiracy, but denying it is a right-wing thing. Both sides are in the wrong. Neither side will consider anything other than their view, no matter how logical.
    10-07-2014 07:13 PM
    How can anyone deny global warming when this thread's heat index is sizzling?...
    But, really, regardless of all that, earth's health should matter to us. There are things we can do now to improve our lives and the environment.
    A895 likes this.
    10-07-2014 07:27 PM
    How can anyone deny global warming when this thread's heat index is sizzling?...
    But, really, regardless of all that, earth's health should matter to us. There are things we can do now to improve our lives and the environment.
    I agree completely! Driving an environmental friendly vehicle not only emits less harmful gas, but it also saves money. Going green almost always saves large amounts of money, while preserving the environment. Who doesn't want to save money?!?
    A895 likes this.
    10-07-2014 07:35 PM
    Climate change is not debatable, whether it will affect us now and later on down the road, is what we should be worrying about. Whether we as humans can affect the climate can always be for debate too. But, personally I think with the number of people on the planet I do believe that we have had an impact on the planet, but between the number of people who can't access the info., the people who don't care, and the people who flat out refuse to believe anything is anything other than a political agenda, nothing will get done this generation, the hope is that what we are doing now won't affect the next generation so badly.
    sanibel likes this.
    10-07-2014 08:03 PM
    These type of debates can not be won. No matter how hard you try.... Politics and religion you will wear the color off your iPhone keypad trying to get your point across.
    Ain't that the truth and both topics are enough to make you vomit.
    10-07-2014 08:27 PM
    We are at the tail end of the Ice Age. It cane and went, and we're seeing the resulting effects. The warming back up has slowed to a crawl. As per the Cyclical pattern, the earth should be getting colder again in the next 25 to 50 years. What I'm gonna hate most about that, is that AL Gore won't be here to witness the start of the cool down. It may have already begun.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-07-2014 08:42 PM
    I see there is a greater need for Environmental Education.
    Not Quite Right and grover5 like this.
    10-07-2014 09:02 PM
    I seriously don't give a rip about whether global warming is true or not. I feel that as Christians we have a responsibility to take measures to not exploit the earth, and take care of it. It's very true that global warming is a left-wing conspiracy, but denying it is a right-wing thing. Both sides are in the wrong. Neither side will consider anything other than their view, no matter how logical.
    Conspiracy for what???? Somehow liberals have convinced 90% of the scientific community that humans are a causality of global warming? How did they do that? By offering them a cut on the billion solar panels they plan on selling to the world so they can "profit"?

Give me a specific plausible reason for the liberal conspiracy. I mean specific.

Everything that comes out of Al Gore's mouth is a lie because he's a Democrat? All Democrats/Liberals are liars, he77 bent on destroying the economy? Destroying the country? The World?

Why would Gore, who happens to sit on the board of directors at Apple, destroy his own fortune to make a profit in green energy when he won't live long enough to reap those benefits?
    Not Quite Right and A895 like this.
    10-07-2014 09:16 PM
    the earth should be getting colder again in the next 25 to 50 years.
    Do you have a proof for saying this?
    Not Quite Right and A895 like this.
    10-07-2014 09:39 PM
    Do you have a proof for saying this?
    He does... the DailyMail.
    A895 likes this.
    10-07-2014 09:46 PM
    I'm not a scientist. But I do not understand how by burning fossil fuels, with a smaller contribution from deforestation, we're helping ourselves!?
    A895 likes this.
    10-07-2014 09:48 PM
    Conspiracy for what???? Somehow liberals have convinced 90% of the scientific community that humans are a causality of global warming? How did they do that? By offering them a cut on the billion solar panels they plan on selling to the world so they can "profit"?

Give me a specific plausible reason for the liberal conspiracy. I mean specific.

Everything that comes out of Al Gore's mouth is a lie because he's a Democrat? All Democrats/Liberals are liars, he77 bent on destroying the economy? Destroying the country? The World?

Why would Gore, who happens to sit on the board of directors at Apple, destroy his own fortune to make a profit in green energy when he won't live long enough to reap those benefits?
    I said I don't give it a rip. You took one thing I said, while ignoring the other things I said that are all connected. I probably could have worded things better in the post you're quoting. I'm trying to say to say liberals tend to blow things out of proportion, while conservatives tend to deny its there in the first place. Either way I don't really give it a rip. I do my part to preserve the earth, and that's it. Peace.
    10-07-2014 09:52 PM
    I'm not a scientist. But I do not understand how by burning fossil fuels, with a smaller contribution from deforestation, we're helping ourselves!?
    Its all bunk..... a liberal conspiracy.
    A895 likes this.
    10-07-2014 09:52 PM
495 12345 ...