Seizure of private property? You mean purchase of private property? How is this any different from a new road?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    A road becomes a "public" road. The pipeline is for the benefit of the oil company. Most of the oil flowing through the pipe goes to gulf and goes on the open market. They call it an open market, but it's a price fixing open market. Since oil prices have dropped, they are cutting back on production to jack the price up again. That's price fixing. Thats how laissez faire capitalism works.
    A895 likes this.
    11-23-2014 02:22 PM
    So let me ask everyone in this thread:
    On a personal level what have you done to reduce your emissions?

For myself, I own a diesel Vw Jetta that gets 45 mpg. I also try to be as responsible as possible to take actions that will help the earth.

LED lighting and taking the train to work.
    the_tech_eater and A895 like this.
    11-23-2014 02:23 PM
    A road becomes a "public" road. The pipeline is for the benefit of the oil company. Most of the oil flowing through the pipe goes to gulf and goes on the open market. They call it an open market, but it's a price fixing open market. Since oil prices have dropped, they are cutting back on production to jack the price up again. That's price fixing. Thats how laissez faire capitalism works.
    But that still doesn't address his claim of seizing private property. If buying private property for the use of a new road or oil pipeline is seizing it, and against the constitution, it wouldn't matter what the use for it will be after its "seized".

And let's remember that it's OPEC that's price fixing. I'd much rather get our oil from our northern neighbors than a cartel!

11-23-2014 02:28 PM
    I think it would be accurate to say that neither of us are going to change the others view point, right?

Drive a Toyota Prius 56.7 mpg. I have my Ford Raptor for hunting. Also use LED lighting. And a programable thermostat. Looking at the solar panel option.
    the_tech_eater and grover5 like this.
    11-23-2014 02:56 PM
    But that still doesn't address his claim of seizing private property. If buying private property for the use of a new road or oil pipeline is seizing it, and against the constitution, it wouldn't matter what the use for it will be after its "seized".

And let's remember that it's OPEC that's price fixing. I'd much rather get our oil from our northern neighbors than a cartel!

If the land is purchased at fair market value how is that being seized??
    11-23-2014 02:58 PM
    If the land is purchased at fair market value how is that being seized??
    Yeah exactly.

11-23-2014 02:59 PM
    Drive a Toyota Prius 56.7 mpg. I have my Ford Raptor for hunting. Also use LED lighting. And a programable thermostat. Looking at the solar panel option.
    Man ford raptors are my dream truck!

hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:01 PM
    For myself, I own a diesel Vw Jetta that gets 45 mpg. I also try to be as responsible as possible to take actions that will help the earth.

How do you like it? I'm looking for a new car and that's in my top five list. Also is the Passat TDI with a manual. I'm told that the Jetta TDI isn't available in manual anymore.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:14 PM
    How do you like it? I'm looking for a new car and that's in my top five list. Also is the Passat TDI with a manual. I'm told that the Jetta TDI isn't available in manual anymore.
    Mine is an 06 model and its automatic. I'm loving it! I would totally recommend buying a Vw! Just got some new headlights for it

hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:17 PM
    Mine is an 06 model and its automatic. I'm loving it! I would totally recommend buying a Vw! Just got some new headlights for it http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...c546b51b3d.jpg

Nice! I've never heard anything negative about the Jetta, especially the Jetta TDI. I was driving to SC with my brother in law a couple of years ago and his 2010 Jetta TDI got excellent mileage.
    11-23-2014 03:19 PM
    Mine is an 06 model and its automatic. I'm loving it! I would totally recommend buying a Vw! Just got some new headlights for it http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...c546b51b3d.jpg

Nice looking ride. My Prius has 234876 miles on her (2007) she's beat up so no pictures. Lol
    11-23-2014 03:19 PM
    Nice looking ride. My Prius has 234876 miles on her (2007) she's beat up so no pictures. Lol
    My Jetta has 215k lol

11-23-2014 03:20 PM
    Nice! I've never heard anything negative about the Jetta, especially the Jetta TDI. I was driving to SC with my brother in law a couple of years ago and his 2010 Jetta TDI got excellent mileage.
    The only negative thing I know of is the complexity of the build and the cost of parts. Other than that it's perfect!

11-23-2014 03:20 PM
    My Jetta has 215k lol

I hear the Jetta TDIs will last forever!
    The only negative thing I know of is the complexity of the build and the cost of parts. Other than that it's perfect!

I've heard that the diesel engines are expensive to work on. But i also am told that they'll last forever.
    11-23-2014 05:45 PM
    I hear the Jetta TDIs will last forever!

I've heard that the diesel engines are expensive to work on. But i also am told that they'll last forever.
    That's very true!

11-23-2014 05:59 PM

Oh, please. It is literally a law against forfeiture for the government unless it is for "economic gains". Buying or taking people land for a corporation sounds like a good cause to you?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 09:54 AM
    Oh, please. It is literally a law against forfeiture for the government unless it is for "economic gains". Buying or taking people land for a corporation sounds like a good cause to you?

Did I ever call it good? I simply asked how it was any different from buying private land for a new road way. I have friends that had to sell their land when the state of Ga expanded hwy 27. They were paid a top price for the land they had to sell.

11-24-2014 09:56 AM
    But answer both of my questions from earlier in the thread.

11-24-2014 09:57 AM
    Did I ever call it good? I simply asked how it was any different from buying private land for a new road way. I have friends that had to sell their land when the state of Ga expanded hwy 27. They were paid a top price for the land they had to sell.

Different situations entirely.

11-24-2014 09:58 AM
    Different situations entirely.

How?

Do you even own a car? Does the price of oil affect you?

I think it would be accurate to say that neither of us are going to change the others view point, right?

No one is trying to change your viewpoint. I am telling you that the Keystone pipeline brings no long term benefits. Whether you agree with me or not is tour own issue.

11-24-2014 09:59 AM
    No one is trying to change your viewpoint. I am telling you that the Keystone pipeline brings no long term benefits. Whether you agree with me or not is tour own issue.

Well I don't agree with you. So with that, let's stop arguing

11-24-2014 10:00 AM
    So let me ask everyone in this thread:
    On a personal level what have you done to reduce your emissions?

Took train and bus to work. Currently living on campus at college so I don't drive, I walk wherever. I recycle, I don't litter, I plan to switch to all organic foods. When I do drive (or whenever I make it home), I drive as little as possible. I don't use plastic water bottles either.

I am no also looking into moving to an electric car or a diesel engine. I do quite bit.

11-24-2014 10:02 AM
    Seizure of private property? You mean purchase of private property? How is this any different from a new road?

When can we equate roads to pipelines that spread hundreds of miles?

11-24-2014 10:03 AM
495 ... 1617181920