a figure placing it in the same emissions league as a small-to-medium European economy, experts said on Monday.

So what does that mean exactly? That description sounds more like the report is inferring the output is equal to the amount of emissions produce by a single small to medium european country, not the entire european continent ...
    sanibel, palandri and A895 like this.
    11-10-2014 10:14 AM
    Iceland's Eyjafjoell volcano is emitting between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, a figure placing it in the same emissions league as a small-to-medium European economy, experts said on Monday.

The atmosphere contains only 0.001 per cent of all carbon at the surface of the Earth and far greater quantities are present in the lower crust and mantle of the Earth. Human additions of CO2 to the atmosphere must be taken into perspective. Over the past 250 years, humans have added just one part of CO2 in 10,000 to the atmosphere. One volcanic cough can do this in a day.
    Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is correct...
    Is She?! Here's the senator's statement, again: "The emissions that are being put in the air by that volcano are a thousand years' worth of emissions that would come from all of the vehicles, all of the manufacturing in Europe."
    That same article you quoted from states that: "According to the European Environment Agency (EAA), daily emissions from the aviation sector in the 27 nations of the European Union are around 440,000 tonnes per day." Just from aviation alone!
    Furthermore: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis, according to a database at the World Resources Institute (WRI), which tracks environment and sustainable development." This is country-by-country basis, while the senator boasts that the volcano emits 1,000 years worth of carbon dioxide for all of Europe..!
    Just stop digging a hole and admit that she's wrong. Very wrong.
    11-10-2014 10:18 AM
    To get a handle on the world carbon dioxide emissions data, this is a good place to start. And once you grasp the magnitude of carbon dioxide emissions on a country-by-country basis (China & US notwithstanding), you realize how preposterous Sen. Murkowski's statement was.
    palandri and A895 like this.
    11-10-2014 10:30 AM
    Is She?! Here's the senator's statement, again: "The emissions that are being put in the air by that volcano are a thousand years' worth of emissions that would come from all of the vehicles, all of the manufacturing in Europe."
    That same article you quoted from states that: "According to the European Environment Agency (EAA), daily emissions from the aviation sector in the 27 nations of the European Union are around 440,000 tonnes per day." Just from aviation alone!
    Furthermore: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis, according to a database at the World Resources Institute (WRI), which tracks environment and sustainable development." This is country-by-country basis, while the senator boasts that the volcano emits 1,000 years worth of carbon dioxide for all of Europe..!
    Just stop digging a hole and admit that she's wrong. Very wrong.
    Continue to dismiss scientific fact..
    11-10-2014 10:40 AM
    We'll have plenty of time to talk about the polar vortex and the earth not warming at the FEMA labor camp. They have a great Kim Jong-un reeducation program there.
    Answer the question instead of accusing me of being an Alex Jones follower. Is that the best you got!?!

Umm you can't answer.. You haven't a clue.. The most accurate data—from satellites—confirms that there has been virtually no global warming since 1998
    11-10-2014 10:42 AM
    To get a handle on the world carbon dioxide emissions data, this is a good place to start. And once you grasp the magnitude of carbon dioxide emissions on a country-by-country basis (China & US notwithstanding), you realize how preposterous Sen. Murkowski's statement was.
    Al you are doing is pushing their agenda.. I have posted fact after fact you can't even answer about the polar vortex's...

Former vice president Al Gore, won a Nobel Prize in 2007 for claiming that there is a dangerous man-made global warming that threatens the world. However, it has since been revealed that he convinced many people through inaccurate information in his "documentary," i.e., he only won the Nobel Prize by lying.
    11-10-2014 10:44 AM
    So what does that mean exactly? That description sounds more like the report is inferring the output is equal to the amount of emissions produce by a single small to medium european country, not the entire european continent ...
    It means, One volcanic cough can do this in a day.
    Last edited by hydrogen3; 11-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    11-10-2014 10:46 AM
    Okay that's an absolutely idiotic response, but really I didn't expect anything else from someone who obviously gets their information from those scholars over at FoxNews & Friends ...
    Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?-foxfriends_stupid.jpg
    Les74 and A895 like this.
    11-10-2014 11:01 AM
    Chuckles...you guys are making my point for me... global warming theory is the liberal hoax...

Please continue...
    11-10-2014 11:12 AM
    Al you are doing is pushing their agenda.. I have posted fact after fact you can't even answer about the polar vortex's....
    Continue to dismiss scientific fact..
    Let me quote my young daughter, because I find it fitting: "OMG!"
    * The only agenda I'm "pushing" is for you to admit that Sen. Murkowski's statement was, and still is, preposterous. In this entire exchange with you I didn't talk about global warming, only about a statement made by the above senator.
    * The polar vortex post wasn't mine: I have nothing to do with it. nada. nichts. intet.
    * What scientific fact are you alluding to? What part of this sentence do you not understand: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis"? Yes it emits (on good days) between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, but that in minuscule compared to Europe as a whole!
    palandri and A895 like this.
    11-10-2014 11:24 AM
    Answer the question instead of accusing me of being an Alex Jones follower. Is that the best you got!?!

Umm you can't answer.. You haven't a clue.. The most accurate data—from satellites—confirms that there has been virtually no global warming since 1998
    LOL! Of course I can answer it, but it would be a waste of my time because you will simply say that I am wrong, so I am not going to waste my time.

Let me be clear, I don't believe in gremlins or ghost or evil spirits; I believe in science.
    A895 likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:43 AM
    Let me quote my young daughter, because I find it fitting: "OMG!"
    * The only agenda I'm "pushing" is for you to admit that Sen. Murkowski's statement was, and still is, preposterous. In this entire exchange with you I didn't talk about global warming, only about a statement made by the above senator.
    * The polar vortex post wasn't mine: I have nothing to do with it. nada. nichts. intet.
    * What scientific fact are you alluding to? What part of this sentence do you not understand: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis"? Yes it emits (on good days) between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, but that in minuscule compared to Europe as a whole!
    I'll never admit her statement is incorrect. Don't waste time. She is correct. Scientific fact.
    11-10-2014 11:46 AM
    That is one hungry troll we have living in here.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:58 AM
    I'll never admit her statement is incorrect. Don't waste time. She is correct. Scientific fact.
    What scientific fact? Any scientific sources for her claims?
    palandri likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:16 PM
    LOL! Of course I can answer it, but it would be a waste of my time because you will simply say that I am wrong, so I am not going to waste my time.

Let me be clear, I don't believe in gremlins or ghost or evil spirits; I believe in science.
    you don't have an answer... That's the only reason why If you do Enlighten me, if you can..
    11-10-2014 12:18 PM
    That is one hungry troll we have living in here.
    because we disagree I'm a troll.... Chuckles.. you guys give me serious chuckles..
    11-10-2014 12:19 PM
    because we disagree I'm a troll.... Chuckles.. you guys give me serious chuckles..
    Because everyone disagrees with you. That is why you are a troll.

You'd laugh at **** hitting you in the face.
    A895 likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:21 PM
    Iceland's volcanic impact on our environment has been little to be concerned about. Worldwide, the impact of all volcanic and earthquake activity is a concern and dwarfs that emitted by mankind.
    From various sources:
    Volcanic eruptions can be extremely damaging to the environment, particularly because of a number of toxic gases possibly present in pyroclastic material. It typically consists mainly of water vapor, but it also contains carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide gas. Other gases typically found in volcanic ashes are hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, carbon monoxide, and volatile metal chloride. Carbon dioxide emitted from volcanoes adds to the natural greenhouse effect. Sulphur dioxides cause environmental problems, because they are converted to sulphuric acid in the stratosphere; the main cause of acid rain. Furthermore, sulphate aerosols are formed, which reflect solar radiation and absorb heat, thereby cooling the earth. Sulphate aerosols also take part in chemical reactions, forming ozone destructive material. An example of a volcanic eruption that caused substantial environmental damage is the Mount Pinatubo eruption in the Philippines.

Icelands volcanic activity might in rational minds serve to draw attention to the natural variables (volcanoes, ocean currents, solar activity, clouds, water vapor, etc. ) that dwarf the human impact on climate.

Australian scientist Ian Plimer geologist and volcano expert, professor of geology at the University of Adelaide, and professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, notes that mans contribution of CO2, SO2, and other greenhouse gases is relatively minor, when compared to the contributions from natural sources.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:27 PM
    Scientists Have Lost the Trust of the People

One big volcano and forest fire puts more pollution in the atmosphere than mankind did in a 100 years!
    11-10-2014 12:27 PM
    Lisa Murkowski

"I come from a state where we see a warming. We're seeing it with increased water temperatures; we're seeing it with ice that is thinner; we're seeing it with migratory patterns that are changing," she said. "So I look at this and I say this is something that we must address."

What's your issue? she believes in global warming......
    11-10-2014 12:38 PM
    ...What's your issue? ......
    Maybe everyone is getting tired of, "I am right and you're wrong, I am right and you're wrong, I am right and you're wrong"
    11-10-2014 01:27 PM
    Maybe everyone is getting tired of, "I am right and you're wrong, I am right and you're wrong, I am right and you're wrong"
    But that makes for a more interesting debate than, "I agree, I agree, I agree!".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:54 PM
    We should be asking our self's.."What would Reagan do"?

Conservative group's ads ask Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh audience: What would Reagan do about climate change?

I can say with no hesitation that Ronald Reagan, were he alive today, would not believe that global warming was a crisis that was caused by mankind.
    11-10-2014 02:28 PM
    Okay that's an absolutely idiotic response, but really I didn't expect anything else from someone who obviously gets their information from those scholars over at FoxNews & Friends ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FoxFriends_Stupid.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	71090
    Right, because CNN is so much more reliable, #sarcasm. What a joke!
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-10-2014 02:33 PM
    Yet if his views weren't conservative you and your people would not be bashing him.
    11-10-2014 02:36 PM
495 ... 910111213 ...