worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Can we pretend the past page didn't happen? All I saw was nonsense.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Go watch MSNBC. Your source of information.

Oh, please. There's no longer any reliable source of information, just blatant propaganda, both from the government and the given publication's party of choice, the articles feel like they were written by dyslexic teenagers who haven't got the faintest idea on the subject, the whole gamut of American news sources became extremely shallow, unprofessional and dumbed down. You can get far higher quality journalism (taking into account their respective reporting bias) by reading Al Jazeera, for God sake. Or if you want a Western perspective, BBC and Deutche Welle in English. There's also a fair bit of propaganda there, but at least the language is better and their analysis tends to be more detailed, smarter and better written (DW more so than BBC). In the US, the quality journalism is now almost entirely in the blogosphere, unfortunately this also means you're getting far more opinions mixed with facts than real facts.

There's really not a single major US news source I have any respect left for. Well, perhaps the National Geo, at least their photos are gorgeous as ever.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Teachers' Unions are Plagued With Scandal after scandal... What a scam...

Unions definitely had their place in history, and perhaps still have. But it's like any medicine - too little and it doesn't help, too much and it becomes a poison. I feel the Unions in the US have advanced into the poison stage well before I finished middle school. They are less and less about protecting the rights of a hard working employee from a greedy exploitative corporation, and more about mafia style extortionist politics. (There have always been both sides of this, it's just that the Mafia side really shines through)

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Unions definitely had their place in history, and perhaps still have. But it's like any medicine - too little and it doesn't help, too much and it becomes a poison. I feel the Unions in the US have advanced into the poison stage well before I finished middle school. They are less and less about protecting the rights of a hard working employee from a greedy exploitative corporation, and more about mafia style extortionist politics. (There have always been both sides of this, it's just that the Mafia side really shines through)

The IAFF is the only union that is still pure...

iaff.jpg

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Al Jazeera, you freaking kidding me.... I do watch BBC.,

I was referring to the journalistic quality of their printed publications. They have a definite bias, of course, so whatever they are saying needs to be adjusted for perspective. (Just like our news sources have a pronounced bias when talking about Lybia or Ukraine). But as long as you understand that, their reporting tends to be well written. Basically, don't go there looking for any praise of America, but their criticism can often offer a relatively honest new perspective, and many issues that our news sources simply ignore, as long as you keep in mind that they are out to criticize us no matter what. It's like reading a review of an iPad written from perspective of a diehard yet technically literate Android fan - you won't learn much about strong points of Apple but you may learn a thing or two about issues. Only hearing from people you agree with is emotionally rewarding but not very informative.

On a side note, I thought I had a fairly unique / uncommon screen name, but I just tried to register on a photo related website, and it's already been taken !

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
FTFY

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Don't bother. This is the edges of the furthest right wing conspiracy zone. Reynolds tin foil business is off the charts here. Sometimes you have to consider who you're debating and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.