worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Stop repeating yourself. I don't read either. You can't learn truth just by reading Fox news and watching Fox and Friends.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Lol fool. I watch CNN for chuckles. Soledad O'brin is a joke the Reverend reminded me of the rev run renovation on HGTV. Ridiculous.

Free you mind.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Look at the Indians. Chinese. Pakistanis. I could go on and on and on. Are they not a minority ? And they often start their life here with very little money and no language, less than what most poor blacks have.

Or look at the poor whites who are working hard and getting nowhere. Or are you saying this problem only exists in the black community ? From what I've seen, there are millions of poor white working class Americans. At least as many as the poor blacks, if not more.

You seem to be blaming all of the present problems that many black people have on whites, rather than put the blame where it belongs - poverty and mentality.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
What the hell does slavery have to do with anything today?? That was like 150 years ago! If you blame the African American problems on that, you need to get a grip and move on. That's like us whites saying that we have a right to be no life's because England treated us almost like slaves 300 years ago.
They blame their problems on the white man and slavery. Let's see where they'd be if slavery never happened and they stayed in Africa.
Your logic is flawed. The buyer is at fault too. You can't have a trade system with no one buying. I am not going around trying to blame people but you are completely taking the blame off of the white men to the Africans when they are at fault too.

There wouldn't have been slaves to by if Africans weren't selling them. Why do you fail to see this?
Who listens to those two loud mouths? I don't like either.

A black who says this is either lying or deaf. They speak for all blacks, just ask them #sarcasm

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lol fool. I watch CNN for chuckles. Soledad O'brin is a joke the Reverend reminded me of the rev run renovation on HGTV. Ridiculous.

Free you mind.

I have no clue who is on CNN, I don't watch them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a nearby park with my youngest son, and while taking a breather, I opted to check the forums for a moment and saw the thread pertaining to "Uncle Tom". I'm going to be somewhat blunt. Over my 51 years, I have been called everything under the sun at one point or another, but primarily, I've been called honest, polite, blunt and professional. I don't care about skin color and I don't vote based on skin color. I've been around the world and have been with women from around the world. Yes, I was a nice "bad boy"...:)...Anyway, I've also been called an Uncle Tom because of my political stance. I'm not one of those people who will cast a vote for a particular candidate because he or she asks me to or expects me to based on skin color. I find that to be disrespectful to the people before me who simply wanted the opportunity to vote. I ask questions, I do "real" homework and then make an "informed" decision on who I think would serve "Americans" best. My parents raised me to be GOD fearing, educated, hard working, independent and to think for myself. They repeatedly emphasized education and hard work, and I find that the values and message emphasized by conservatives correlate best with those of my upbringing. If that makes me an "Uncle Tom" then I'll gladly wear that label. I don't care how anyone else votes or what they think of my political beliefs. I am a 51 year old free thinker and I won't follow the crowd unless I agree with the crowd. Period. Anyway, that's my 2?.

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Here we go again. You keep blaming the white people for everything.

Why is it so hard to read for you? I am not blaming anyone, but I am saying that slavery did have a lasting effect on America's culture and the black people and their descendants. These lasting effects appeared in the former of Jim Crow laws to civil rights movements to finally integration. But as far as integration goes, the mentality that comes from decades of poverty and subjugation has seeped into a new consciousness among blacks in America.

People not wanting to move up, people who revel in belonging in a group despite what the group gets into (why gangs are prevalent). There was a time where gangs were for protecting the black community against white people who were inclined to terrorize or intimidate them.

That changed to gangs becoming some type of status of being "hood" which isn't a acceptable image today. This also goes into why violence runs so deep in black Americans. We are so mad at the world for our situations we often turn on our own people.

But some of us are smart enough to make it out of the cycle and do something positive for our lives. I am an example, I grew up in the hood, some of my friends were drug dealers, I worked hard to get good grades in school, got a scholarship to college and here I am going into my second year at a college.

But for some of us, we aren't able to focus on school well enough or have the support structure at home to motivate us to better our lives. I know so many smart people who fell into the fast money of selling dope and never graduated high school.

That is because in the United States, Black people face more adversity day in and day out than any other minority race in the U. S. You face gangs, drugs, peer pressure, bullies, and all other sorts of craziness living in the hood. My mom even had her car stolen in front of her before.

But because white people have majority always had an economic, structural, and environmental support that black will have, it was given the name of white privilege, which is just a two words for white people most of the time get better opportunities than minorities.

That is what I have been trying to say this whole time. I am not blaming anyone, I never have been.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Why is it so hard to read for you? I am not blaming anyone, but I am saying that slavery did have a lasting effect on America's culture and the black people and their descendants. These lasting effects appeared in the former of Jim Crow laws to civil rights movements to finally integration. But as far as integration goes, the mentality that comes from decades of poverty and subjugation has seeped into a new consciousness among blacks in America.

People not wanting to move up, people who revel in belonging in a group despite what the group gets into (why gangs are prevalent). There was a time where gangs were for protecting the black community against white people who were inclined to terrorize or intimidate them.

That changed to gangs becoming some type of status of being "hood" which isn't a acceptable image today. This also goes into why violence runs so deep in black Americans. We are so mad at the world for our situations we often turn on our own people.

But some of us are smart enough to make it out of the cycle and do something positive for our lives. I am an example, I grew up in the hood, some of my friends were drug dealers, I worked hard to get good grades in school, got a scholarship to college and here I am going into my second year at a college.

But for some of us, we aren't able to focus on school well enough or have the support structure at home to motivate us to better our lives. I know so many smart people who fell into the fast money of selling dope and never graduated high school.

That is because in the United States, Black people face more adversity day in and day out than any other minority race in the U. S. You face gangs, drugs, peer pressure, bullies, and all other sorts of craziness living in the hood. My mom even had her car stolen in front of her before.

But because white people have majority always had an economic, structural, and environmental support that black will have, it was given the name of white privilege, which is just a two words for white people most of the time get better opportunities than minorities.

That is what I have been trying to say this whole time. I am not blaming anyone, I never have been.

You do blame the white man, and keep mentioning this mythical White Privilege. Like I have said before, whites aren't to blame for slavery. We're not the ones who sold our own people into slavery. Gangs, really? They are no different than terrorists. Whites have it much harder than any minorities these days. Our hard work is often overlooked because we're not a minority. If you say otherwise you're a liar. The Jews got over slavery and the Holocaust. I'm sick of blacks using that excuse.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This may go down in history as the most asinine thing ever written on the Internet....and I'm a white guy.
Not at all. Stop using it as an excuse. I'm sure that most White Americans today had no hand in slavery. So stop blaming us.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. Stop using it as an excuse. I'm sure that most White Americans today had no hand in slavery. So stop blaming us.

Were you ever a slave? Were "your" people ever slaves? I seriously cannot stand when people use the "get over it" excuse when it's never happened to them. Besides that, can you say open and honestly that Jews have gotten over the Holocaust? If you can, then you really need to get back into touch with reality.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Were you ever a slave? Were "your" people ever slaves? I seriously cannot stand when people use the "get over it" excuse when it's never happened to them. Besides that, can you say open and honestly that Jews have gotten over the Holocaust? If you can, then you really need to get back into touch with reality.

Stop blaming the whites when it was the Africans selling the blacks. Yes, my people were slaves on one side of my family. On the other side we were discriminated against and the US tried to keep us out in the early 1900s as we weren't Northwestern Europeans. You should do your research before you try to criticize me there les. About the Jews, you don't see them robbing or raping Germans like you do the blacks. I can say that, for the most part, they have moved on whereas the blacks have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.