worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
They call it Africa American, but I damn sure ain't African. I am a black American. And you are telling me there wasn't black people being bought and sold on American soil? How are you a history major if you are missing sections of history?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

History is one of my majors, yes. Funny, I always hear African American, never Africa American. What I am saying is an indisputable fact. There wouldn't have been any slavery if the Africans didn't start selling their own people. What's wrong with you for arguing this?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
History is one of my majors, yes. Funny, I always hear African American, never Africa American. What I am saying is an indisputable fact. There wouldn't have been any slavery if the Africans didn't start selling their own people. What's wrong with you for arguing this?

There wouldn't have been any slavery if the White people hadn't bought the blacks. You can't have slavery if nothing is being bought and used.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
There wouldn't have been any slavery if the White people hadn't bought the blacks. You can't have slavery if nothing is being bought and used.

Which wouldn't have happened if Africans weren't selling blacks. You can't buy what's not for sale.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Which wouldn't have happened if Africans weren't selling blacks. You can't buy what's not for sale.

The buyer is just as at fault as the seller. In a drug bust you don't just arrest the seller, you arrest the buyer too.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The buyer is just as at fault as the seller. In a drug bust you don't just arrest the seller, you arrest the buyer too.

The seller is at fault here. Stop trying to blame the white man because of who sold the blacks.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick of people working hard and getting nowhere and they are a minority.

Look at the Indians. Chinese. Pakistanis. I could go on and on and on. Are they not a minority ? And they often start their life here with very little money and no language, less than what most poor blacks have.

Or look at the poor whites who are working hard and getting nowhere. Or are you saying this problem only exists in the black community ? From what I've seen, there are millions of poor white working class Americans. At least as many as the poor blacks, if not more.

You seem to be blaming all of the present problems that many black people have on whites, rather than put the blame where it belongs - poverty and mentality.

By the way, it has been my personal experience that the older generation of black people, those who grew up when the white racism was still alive and well, is also the generation that has more achievers and doers. The generations that had welfare, affirmative action, Al and Jesse, drugs and gangstas and "blame the Man" mentality, are the ones going down the drain. Can't get education if you didn't study in school. Can't get a well paying job without a good education anymore. Can't work without getting on well with others of different colors and backgrounds. My kids hear all kind of racist and offensive things from the black kids in their school; a white kid would get severely reprimanded or expelled for most of these.

I don't have any hope of persuading you to change your point of view; it's a natural selection process, the economy will be getting progressively harder to be successful in, the groups that don't adapt to the changing world will pay the price, refusing to admit your problems by blaming them on someone else is the biggest problem.

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What the hell does slavery have to do with anything today?? That was like 150 years ago! If you blame the African American problems on that, you need to get a grip and move on. That's like us whites saying that we have a right to be no life's because England treated us almost like slaves 300 years ago.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The seller is at fault here. Stop trying to blame the white man because of who sold the blacks.

Your logic is flawed. The buyer is at fault too. You can't have a trade system with no one buying. I am not going around trying to blame people but you are completely taking the blame off of the white men to the Africans when they are at fault too.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What the hell does slavery have to do with anything today?? That was like 150 years ago! If you blame the African American problems on that, you need to get a grip and move on. That's like us whites saying that we have a right to be no life's because England treated us almost like slaves 300 years ago.

You obviously aren't reading the whole thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73