worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So do we completely ignore white men enslaving people in the United States then? Because that is what I am talking about, and yes slavery is the very definition of kidnapping people. Are you serious?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Which wouldn't have happened if the Africans weren't selling their own people into slavery. No, kidnapping is different. Money was paid to the Africans for the slaves therefore it's not kidnapping. Why are you ignoring the FACT that there would be no slave trade if Africans didn't sell their own people? Yet you have to blame the White man for what the Africans started.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Which wouldn't have happened if the Africans weren't selling their own people into slavery. No, kidnapping is different. Money was paid to the Africans for the slaves therefore it's not kidnapping. Why are you ignoring the FACT that there would be no slave trade if Africans didn't sell their own people? Yet you have to blame the White man for what the Africans started.

You logic is laughable, you keep excusing white people buying and selling black people and then enslaving them. Do you buy everything someone is selling you? Lol

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

OK, so how do you propose not ignoring this issue ? Make every white person pay a tax for past injustices committed by some of the white people with eager participation by some of the black people over 200 years ago ? How dwelling on this helps black people ? There's a world of difference between "never forget and never let it repeat" and looking for the guilty sides generations after the fact.

I am not, stop trying to call me something I am not. I am not blaming ANYONE. I don't care about slavery, it was so long ago. I am arguing about the black experience today.

You complain about "white privilege"... how come that there's no "white privilege" when it comes to Indians, Chinese, Pakistanis, many - probably the majority - of Hispanics who are US citizens ? How come that Indians and Orientals dominate high-tech, science and medical fields - do you think their parents came to the US with suitcases filled with gold ? No sir, most were dirt poor when they got here, and barely spoke English or knew anything about the life here - they started off in a worse place than you. Look at what they've achieved with determination, family support, and emphasis on education.

Why is it still hard for you top understand an experience for one race isn't the same for another?

The Jews were excluded from most major professions until well into the XX century. Very few major corporations would hire them. Major hotel chains wouldn't let them rent rooms until 1940s. The Irish were treated like trash in XIX century. The Chinese were brought here and used as slaves - literally - for the West Coast railroad construction in the late XIX century, when black slavery was gone. They had no rights and were working for food. Look at the Chinese community of California now. The White Privilege seems to be an exclusively black thing.

And this is why I brought up slavery, it had a cultural impact on America, and this came in the form of white privilege, the fact that people in this country still have unequal opportunities is crazy.

The secret to success in the US is hard work, education, family support, determination, ability to set the goals and make personal sacrifices to get there, if you're a well educated black person with good attitude I can guarantee you that at most companies, especially the larger ones, you have a better chance for promotion than any white male with same credentials. And you have better chances to get accepted in top colleges. The real problem is not outside the black community, not anymore. Sorry.

Yeah, you aren't getting it. What you are not understanding is that no matter how some people work hard they are still not able to achieve parity with members of other races.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You can't even explain what white privilege is. I've asked several time.

It's booooooooooooogus.

I answered multiple times. It is that white people have a better experience in America than minorities and majority of the time get preferential treatment in various areas of life. That is white privilege.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I answered multiple times. It is that white people have a better experience in America than minorities and majority of the time get preferential treatment in various areas of life. That is white privilege.

Yep 100% booooooooogus.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

OK, so how do you propose not ignoring this issue ? Make every white person pay a tax for past injustices committed by some of the white people with eager participation by some of the black people over 200 years ago ? How dwelling on this helps black people ? There's a world of difference between "never forget and never let it repeat" and looking for the guilty sides generations after the fact.

You complain about "white privilege"... how come that there's no "white privilege" when it comes to Indians, Chinese, Pakistanis, many - probably the majority - of Hispanics who are US citizens ? How come that Indians and Orientals dominate high-tech, science and medical fields - do you think their parents came to the US with suitcases filled with gold ? No sir, most were dirt poor when they got here, and barely spoke English or knew anything about the life here - they started off in a worse place than you. Look at what they've achieved with determination, family support, and emphasis on education.

The Jews were excluded from most major professions until well into the XX century. Very few major corporations would hire them. Major hotel chains wouldn't let them rent rooms until 1940s. The Irish were treated like trash in XIX century. The Chinese were brought here and used as slaves - literally - for the West Coast railroad construction in the late XIX century, when black slavery was gone. They had no rights and were working for food. Look at the Chinese community of California now. The White Privilege seems to be an exclusively black thing.

The secret to success in the US is hard work, education, family support, determination, ability to set the goals and make personal sacrifices to get there, if you're a well educated black person with good attitude I can guarantee you that at most companies, especially the larger ones, you have a better chance for promotion than any white male with same credentials. And you have better chances to get accepted in top colleges. The real problem is not outside the black community, not anymore. Sorry.

Why should I have to pay a tax because I'm white? My family had no hand in bringing slaves into this country. Quite the opposite, we fought against slavery. To make me pay a tax because of my skin color is racist. You're true about blacks getting promotions over whites. It doesn't matter who is more qualified. I've seen it numerous times myself.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Why should I have to pay a tax because I'm white? My family had no hand in bringing slaves into this country. Quite the opposite, we fought against slavery. To make me pay a tax because of my skin color is racist. You're true about blacks getting promotions over whites. It doesn't matter who is more qualified. I've seen it numerous times myself.

No one is going to make you pay a tax, that sounds ridiculous.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I do. My black friends and I both are privileged.. To use your words...

We both work just as hard for what we have. No one has given any of us a damn thing.

I think you make stuff up to get a rise out of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.