worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What does modern times mean anyways? He has been president since 2008, before that I was Bush. I think we need to wait another 10 years maybe to say modern since we have had only 2 presidents the entire 21st century so far.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

The Democratic Party has been invaded and devoured by the left wing politicians, special interest groups and of course the Unions and are now the “Party of destruction and corruption. The Democrats aren’t interested in a level playing field and defy our Constitution.... They are out to destroy the Republic. Yes we are a Republic, not a Democracy..

Yes, The Democratic Party is rife with scandal from the highest echelons of government, down to the small corridors of town halls and is struggling to fight off accusations of abuse of power and influence. according to The Washington Times.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The Democratic Party has been invaded and devoured by the left wing politicians, special interest groups and of course the Unions and are now the ?Party of destruction and corruption. The Democrats aren?t interested in a level playing field and defy our Constitution.... They are out to destroy the Republic. Yes we are a Republic, not a Democracy..

Yes, The Democratic Party is rife with scandal from the highest echelons of government, down to the small corridors of town halls and is struggling to fight off accusations of abuse of power and influence. according to The Washington Times.

This applies to both parties not just the Democrats. Both parties are corrupt do nothings. I don't like either, but Democrats at this point and time are the lesser of two. Republicans are literally stalling the entire Congress work days because of political Agendas. And Democrats are the bad guys?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Democratic Party has been invaded and devoured by the left wing politicians, special interest groups and of course the Unions and are now the “Party of destruction and corruption. The Democrats aren’t interested in a level playing field and defy our Constitution.... They are out to destroy the Republic. Yes we are a Republic, not a Democracy..

Partisan hatred runs deep in you young jedi.

Hatred never wins.....

Barry was right... you're proof.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This applies to both parties not just the Democrats. Both parties are corrupt do nothings. I don't like either, but Democrats at this point and time are the lesser of two. Republicans are literally stalling the entire Congress work days because of political Agendas. And Democrats are the bad guys?

The Democrats are doing two things that I see as extremely dangerous.

1. Race bating, from AG office stirring up the emotions in Ferguson by openly taking the side of the rioting crowd, to the crackdown on the supposed "white terror" groups, (and only white) that ended up with a spectacular failure of government to prosecute the so-called Hutaree militia - after much hoopla the case fabricated against them was thrown out by a federal judge. Eric Holder is a militant black racist, and that is scary because he was also the AG until just now. The black kids in my son's class now have that slogan "OP the White Man". OP means Overpower. Is this Democrats' approach to building the better society ?

2. Amnesty for illegal immigrants, which will put millions more people on welfare and they will vote for whomever gives them more handouts. Look at the Democrat voters - for every voter who has sincere political convictions, there's two voting for welfare, or maintaining Union monopoly on employment, or voting their race, regardless of politics. And the more people depend on government handouts, the less say they have in the actions of that government. Building voter base through handouts destroys the very idea of democracy, just as well as bribery.

I don't like the Republicans, either. I have to vote for whatever's the least of two evils at the moment.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Kilofoxtrot, I believe you have real political ideals, and I respect that even if we disagree. But can't you see that buying votes via welfare checks and race baiting - and adding 20 million more poor, racially biased voters who have broken the law to get here - will put an end to either of us being able to change anything. The political party that promises the most cash and privileges to the millions of destitute voters will win every time, regardless of ideology or having a workable plan for the country.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The Democrats are doing two things that I see as extremely dangerous.

1. Race bating, from AG office stirring up the emotions in Ferguson by openly taking the side of the rioting crowd, to the crackdown on the supposed "white terror" groups, (and only white) that ended up with a spectacular failure of government to prosecute the so-called Hutaree militia - after much hoopla the case fabricated against them was thrown out by a federal judge. Eric Holder is a militant black racist, and that is scary because he was also the AG until just now. The black kids in my son's class now have that slogan "OP the White Man". OP means Overpower. Is this Democrats' approach to building the better society ?

2. Amnesty for illegal immigrants, which will put millions more people on welfare and they will vote for whomever gives them more handouts. Look at the Democrat voters - for every voter who has sincere political convictions, there's two voting for welfare, or maintaining Union monopoly on employment, or voting their race, regardless of politics. And the more people depend on government handouts, the less say they have in the actions of that government. Building voter base through handouts destroys the very idea of democracy, just as well as bribery.

I don't like the Republicans, either. I have to vote for whatever's the least of two evils at the moment.

I think you are generalizing a bit:

1.) What happened in Ferguson is not about race it is about police brutality and the people of Ferguson have had enough. People assumed it was about race because it was mainly black people rioting and protesting, but that is because that entire area of Ferguson is predominantly black. And when the police force itself there is mostly white, we get race baiting. Though to be fair, there may be some deep seated racism in the police force itself and police in general across the U. S., think about it, blacks are more likely to get stopped and frisked, more likely to get arrested, and more likely to meet force when faced with police. Which is where some of the lines of whether or not race was an issue in the Ferguson case.

2.) Then you have immigrants, who buy and large just want to have a better life than what they had, and they are willing to do jobs no person here is willing to do or get paid so little for. And handouts is such a broad phrase when the majority of people on welfare are not even immigrants or minorities.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Kilofoxtrot, I believe you have real political ideals, and I respect that even if we disagree. But can't you see that buying votes via welfare checks and race baiting - and adding 20 million more poor, racially biased voters who have broken the law to get here - will put an end to either of us being able to change anything. The political party that promises the most cash and privileges to the millions of destitute voters will win every time, regardless of ideology or having a workable plan for the country.

Is it wrong that people like the governmental side that helps them out? If it was up to Mitt Romney he would have pulled most welfare and Obama care and I can only imagine the hate who would have gotten. Until Republicans propose an actually feasible plan to help the poor in America, and help with immigration, then they will continue to miss out on support.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What happened inFerguson was that a guy robbed a QuickMart store, then walked with his friend in the middle of the road while high on pot, then physically assaulted a police officer who tried to apprehend him for jaywalking, then got shot when the officer that he attacked and beat ordered him to get on the ground and he instead started walking towards that officer (and had his friend with him). Btw the robber was 6'2 and 300 lbs, about twice the size of that policeman. Had he been white and the policeman black, he'd get shot under the same circumstances just as well. The crowd then got all worked up and started attacking and looting businesses - starting with the very store that the robber robbed. Some kind of justice, eh ? AG Holder then went on a fishing trip, promising the crowd he'll get them justice. He found nothing, and left empty handed.

If I beat up a police officer (doubt that I could, frankly), am ordered to lay down on the ground, and instead start walking back towards that officer, I will likely get shot as well. Especially if I am double the size of the said officer, and have a friend with me. Nothing to do with police brutality or race. Don't break the law, then attack the police, then act in a threatening way. Except that there would be no riots or burning and looting of innocent people's homes and businesses in my name.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Is it wrong that people like the governmental side that helps them out? If it was up to Mitt Romney he would have pulled most welfare and Obama care and I can only imagine the hate who would have gotten. Until Republicans propose an actually feasible plan to help the poor in America, and help with immigration, then they will continue to miss out on support.

If you don't understand why buying votes destroys democracy, I won't be able to explain this.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What happened inFerguson was that a guy robbed a QuickMart store, then walked with his friend in the middle of the road while high on pot, then physically assaulted a police officer who tried to apprehend him for jaywalking, then got shot when the officer that he attacked and beat ordered him to get on the ground and he instead started walking towards that officer (and had his friend with him). Btw the robber was 6'2 and 300 lbs, about twice the size of that policeman. Had he been white and the policeman black, he'd get shot under the same circumstances just as well. The crowd then got all worked up and started attacking and looting businesses - starting with the very store that the robber robbed. Some kind of justice, eh ? AG Holder then went on a fishing trip, promising the crowd he'll get them justice. He found nothing, and left empty handed.

If I beat up a police officer (doubt that I could, frankly), am ordered to lay down on the ground, and instead start walking back towards that officer, I will likely get shot as well. Especially if I am double the size of the said officer, and have a friend with me. Nothing to do with police brutality or race. Don't break the law, then attack the police, then act in a threatening way. Except that there would be no riots or burning and looting of innocent people's homes and businesses in my name.

I can't believe you took one of the narratives and trumpeting it as fact. Oh, boy.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If you don't understand why buying votes destroys democracy, I won't be able to explain this.

I understand completely. But is there any actual proposed solutions or is there more complaints?

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe you took one of the narratives and trumpeting it as fact. Oh, boy.

Michael Brown robbed a convenience store and physically assaulted the clerk just before the incident. It's a fact, collaborated by the store surveillance tape.

He was high on pot at the time of the incident. It's a fact collaborated by his blood samples taken during the autopsy.

He attacked and beat the police officer. It's the fact collaborated by the damage to officer's face. If there was any reason to doubt that the damage was in fact caused by Brown's hands, a simple DNA test would immediately disprove officer's claim. But even the AG Holder's fishing expedition did not question the fact that the officer was attacked by Brown.

The bullets that killed Brown came from the front. Which proves that he was upright and facing the officer when the shots were fired. After he attacked the said officer.

These facts don't leave much space for interpretation, don't they ? The only opposing point of view comes from a felon that was with Brown. Hardly an honest upright citizen.

And the fact that the crowd looted property of innocent people is indisputable.

Sorry but I have zero compassion for criminals.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Michael Brown robbed a convenience store and physically assaulted the clerk just before the incident. It's a fact, collaborated by the store surveillance tape.

He stop several cigarettes and pushed the clerk yes. He didn't rob, more like shoplifted and even then it has zilch to do with the shooting as the officer as stated by the Ferguson police chief himself, knew NOTHING about the robbery beforehand.

He was high on pot at the time of the incident. It's a fact collaborated by his blood samples taken during the autopsy.

And, who cares? I know several people who are high most of the day.

He attacked and beat the police officer. It's the fact collaborated by the damage to officer's face. If there was any reason to doubt that the damage was in fact caused by Brown's hands

Yeah there was, we still don't know for a fact Brown assaulted the officer, that is speculation.

The bullets that killed Brown came from the front. Which proves that he was upright and facing the officer when the shots were fired. After he attacked the said officer.

He also has a bullet with a downwards trajectory in his skill, execution style. And several people have come before saying he was on his knees and the officer still shot him.

These facts don't leave much space for interpretation, don't they ? The only opposing point of view comes from a felon that was with Brown. Hardly an honest upright citizen.

Honestly, besides the stealing of cigarellos, he sounds like a lot of young black men I know smoking weed, hanging with your boys, living life from the hood, yup that describes a lot of young black men, they aren't upright citizens either I suppose. Take out the smoking weed out, and I am the same way, I grew up in the projects.

And the fact that the crowd looted property of innocent people is indisputable.
Sorry but I have zero compassion for criminals.

Yes, a few looters ruins the whole protesting thing and yeah one incident makes someone a criminal. /s

If that is the case, I'm black and I stole something from Walmart before, am I criminal too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro