worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you see the Ferguson incident as racial incident when in fact that is not about race at all, is scary.

And yet it is MADE into a race issue by there very people who LIVE in the neighborhoods...because they WANT it to be about race.. the people of Ferguson and elsewhere wouldn't have anything better to pin this on...

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And yet it is MADE into a race issue by there very people who LIVE in the neighborhoods...because they WANT it to be about race.. the people of Ferguson and elsewhere wouldn't have anything better to pin this on...

Right... its all about race. BTW... the white officer that says "I will f'n kill you." Is talking to a white male.

Ferguson is much more than race..... saying otherwise is ignoring the big picture.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My cousin is a Staff Attorney for the State of Missouri. During the Ferguson unrest, he has sent me a lot of interesting info and reports via email and Facebook, including photos and videos of him locked in his office building while protesters were banging on the doors. The Governor's office is also there. He just sent me this local news link addressing the cost of the Ferguson mess. He spoke with the store manager of the QuikTrip Mart that was destroyed. They are not rebuilding in Ferguson. So now the protesters are making threats if they don't. SMH! Here's the link on the cost.
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/27/who-will-pick-up-the-cost-for-unrest-in-ferguson/

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Bring back the Reagan years!

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."

Ronald Reagan..

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think anyone could top J. Carter...:)

Agreed. And Dubya.

Obama, as far as I am concerned, is merely an inefficient president, very good at BS'ing and image control, rather weak and wavering at foreign policy, populist in domestic policy, eager to leave a mark even if it means screwing up the citizens (Obamacare; to be fair, it was the Republicans that twisted the law so badly it became very obviously non-workable - but Obama pushed it through nevertheless).

Bush, unfortunately, was a very efficient president. He almost succeeded in destroying the economy and bankrupting the country. He got us into the never ending Iraq fiasco. He actually started with a very good plan - defeat Iraqi army, depose Saddam, disband the Republican Guard, keep Iraqi Armed Forces to maintain law & order, fix infrastructure, install a friendly government, leave. Then, after the initial success, he's fired the guy in charge of that plan, disbanded the Iraqi Army (sending over 300K young angry trained men home where there was nothing waiting for them), and sat there whistling while Iraq was disintegrating without running water, electricity, and any semblance of normal life. Now we have that eternal problem pit that will be sucking American money and lives of Americans and Iraqis for decades.

And don't forget his crown achievement, the Great Recession. Only brain dead die hard Republicans still believe that some obscure law adopted under Clinton, which was never really enforced, caused the Toxic Mortgage crisis 10 years later / 8 years after Slick Billy left the office holding his pants and handed the keys to Dubya.. No sir, it was Greed, pure and simple. The SEC started allowing the mortgages to be repackaged and sold as securities (happened under Dubya), the financial institutions quickly realized that a bad mortgage could be resold for the same amount as the good one, since the investors didn't know any better, and starting around 2005 they began issuing these mortgages right, left and center (again, started under Dubya). There were strict industry rules meant to ensure that the person getting the mortgage can repay it; these rules were still enforced in 2000, and in 2001, and in 2002 - but went out the window in 2005. Sorry, Clinton had nothing to do with this. The bubble by it's very nature was very short lived and blew up just 3 years later, also under Dubya. The SEC was very careful to look the other way. There were economists, most notably Roubini, who warned about the impending crash; nobody listened. So, while both the Dems and the Repubs did zero, nothing to stop the craze, it was Dubya who ran the country. So that's his mess.

As far as I am concerned, him and Carter should share the 1st place, with Nixon and O'bummer taking the 2nd and the 3rd, in no particular order/

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Ferguson is all about stirring up the Democrats support base before election, so that they are angry enough and actually do come out to vote.

The first business that was looted was the very business that Michael Brown robbed.

Holder is a racist pig.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Obama, for destroying my Great Grandparents health care plan. Here are a few things we can count on..

1. Undocumented immigrants and Muslims get free insurance -

2. The government will be picking your doctors-

3. Senior’s insurance will change -

4. The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax applies to sporting goods and fishing supplies -

5. ObamaCare is the largest tax hike in American history -

See the terrible job the government schools are doing with educating our children. we NOW HAVE the same lousy system running our health care.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Unfortunately it takes an Obama to get the public to understand the importance of voting republican. And to get the republicans to quit being silly.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately it takes an Obama to get the public to understand the importance of voting republican. And to get the republicans to quit being silly.

Many republicans are just as bad, only in their own way. We really need an independent, centrist third party, that would leave religion and race alone and just concentrate on fixing things - economy, education, infrastructure, immigration.

In the meantime, I will vote for persons, not parties. I do hope Romney gets on the ballot again.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Obama, for destroying my Great Grandparents health care plan. Here are a few things we can count on..

1. Undocumented immigrants and Muslims get free insurance -

2. The government will be picking your doctors-

3. Senior’s insurance will change -

4. The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax applies to sporting goods and fishing supplies -

5. ObamaCare is the largest tax hike in American history -

See the terrible job the government schools are doing with educating our children. we NOW HAVE the same lousy system running our health care.

How do Muslims get free insurance? Is there a secret handshake?

I kept my same doctor(s).... what do you have to say about that? (I have Blue Cross Blue Shield)

No... the largest "tax" increase is the Senior Prescription Drug Benefit a.k.a. Medicare Part D, which dwarfs Obamacare in costs. Passed by a republican congress and signed by a republican president.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am concerned, him and Carter should share the 1st place, with Nixon and O'bummer taking the 2nd and the 3rd, in no particular order/

Much of Obama's effectiveness has been hamstrung by a do nothing congress that is obsessed with obstruction rather than governing.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
As someone who has been living outside the United States for more than seven years now, I have absolutely no idea what this president has or hasn't done. Is ignorance truly bliss in this case?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He said he would "Fundamentally Change" our country. Consider this:

THIS IS SAD---- BUT THINK ABOUT IT AFTER YOU READ IT> THEN READ IT AGAIN>
In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the
University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."
The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2016
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in
St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning
the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory
Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low
income tenements and living off various forms of government
welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the
"complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population
already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million
criminal invaders called illegal�s - and they vote - then we can say
goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
We are actually not a democracy. We're a Republic. But the principal is the same.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This one? I'm very familiar with the term. I paid them for years. I don't see your point. Is it that you disagree with Olson?

Neo-Conservatives think that "taxes" are income tax. Yet they forget, or purposely point out a single tax. While ignoring other taxes the pretty much everyone pays.

The poor pay sales tax, payroll tax, excise tax, state income tax etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW