worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Why were the police stupid to release the video of him stealing? It proved his parents were lying when they said their son was a "good boy"
Consider the fact that is the only criminal act they have on him and the fact he was going to college, he probably was a good boy. If one stupid teenage act makes him bad then a lot of people are guilty. And who says he wouldn't have changed later on? We can't find out now that he's dead.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Consider the fact that is the only criminal act they have on him and the fact he was going to college, he probably was a good boy. If one stupid teenage act makes him bad then a lot of people are guilty. And who says he wouldn't have changed later on? We can't find out now that he's dead.

Seriously? You have some messed up morals, if you have any morals at all.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, slavery was wrong. I was also 150 years ago. At what point do the black Americans who were never slaves, and whose families haven't been slaves for 3 or 4 generations start taking responsibility for their own situations and their own lives? I have several friends who happen to be black, but not a one of them is whining about slavery. They have done what they needed to do to create good lives for themselves and their families. Why is it that they succeed and others sit around doing drugs, popping out welfare babies and waiting for their government check to arrive in the mail? The answer is simple - they took responsibility for themselves, worked hard and accomplished something.

The Ferguson incident is every bit about race. The headlines from day one were "unarmed black youth killed by white cop". How is that NOT racist? The "eye witness" account of the poor kid "murdered" in essence for jaywalking while black has been almost totally debunked at this point. The fact of the matter is that we don?t yet know what happened. But the cop was beat up, a struggle occurred in the squad car - said to be a struggle over the cops service weapon.

From what I know about police work and police process, this appears to be a good shoot. And say what you want about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson not representing black people, they are big-mouthed, attention seeking black agitators - not unlike the New Black Panthers who descended upon Ferguson like a plague of locusts. Their intentions were not to calm the tensions and try to work through the issue, but to stir the people and bring the media attention to this incident precisely as a race issue.

The fact that BHO came off the golf course long enough to comment against the cop BEFORE ANY FACTS WERE KNOWN. The fact that he ordered a full scale DOJ investigation in this matter is also telling. Has he done anything to date about the black on black murders in Chicago? Those are happening at an alarming rate every week, yet he hasn?t so much as commented. But let a white cop shoot a black youth, regardless of the circumstances - many of which are not yet known - and certainly have not been released to the public, and BHO wants to throw his weight being a top level government investigation.

Not about race, my @$$.
Stop making about race and see the real problem. Jesus, I even explained this in another post. I am not repeating myself.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Help me understand the bailout thing. I found this on Fox News [Insider]

Dec. 19, 2008 - The U.S. announces a $17.4 billion lifeline to Detroit car makers from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief (TARP) program. GM is to receive $13.4 billion and Chrysler $4 billion.

June 1, 2009 - GM files for bankruptcy. After GM filed for bankruptcy, Treasury provided GM with $30.1 billion of debtor in possession financing.

Federal Aid to Auto Industry

December 2008
GMAC (owned by Cerberus Capital and GM): $5.9
General Motors: $13.4

January 2009
Chrysler Holding (owned by Cerberus Capital): $4.0
Chrysler Financial Services (owned by Cerberus Capital): $1.5

April 2009
General Motors: $2.0
Chrysler Holding Warranty Program: $0.3
GM Supplier Receivables: $2.5
Chrysler Receivables: $1.0

May 2009
Chrysler: $1.9
General Motors: $4.0
General Motors Warranty Program: $0.4
GMAC: $7.5
New Chrysler: $4.6

June 2009
General Motors: $30.0

December 2009
GMAC: $3.8

Curious.... why did you leave out Bush's participation in the Auto Bailout?

OK... lets move on to "unaffordable" health care. Bush and the republicans enacted one of the largest expansion of the welfare state since the creation of Medicare in 1965 by adding a huge unfunded program providing coverage for prescription drugs to the Medicare program.

Medicare Part D will probably add almost 900 billion to the national debt in a few years.

So... both presidents have not done a good job. But since Obama did not start a war that cost this country trillions of dollars and took the lives of thousands of our best and brightest. My vote goes to Bush.

I never said Bush did a good job. My point was that during the campaign, BHO bagged on Bush's spending and his effect on the national debt. So he got elected and has been doing more that Bush and all of Bush's predecessors combined to run up the debt.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Stop making about race and see the real problem. Jesus, I even explained this in another post. I am not repeating myself.

My point is simply this. It IS about race. The media, the activists and the looters have made it so, even if it wasn’t.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have morals, what makes him so bad? He stole a few cigarellos and now he was wanted felon on the run? Let's be real for 2 seconds.

Since when does going to college automatically make someone a good person? And it wasn't a few cigars, it was $50 worth. Also, what about the cops broken eye socket, and beat up face? I'm sorry that you were raised in a home where stealing and beating up cops was considered ok.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I never said Bush did a good job. My point was that during the campaign, BHO bagged on Bush's spending and his effect on the national debt. So he got elected and has been doing more that Bush and all of Bush's predecessors combined to run up the debt.
And, he couldn't keep his promises, politicians are a surprise aren't they?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Are you adding or subtracting the cost of two wars? Let me know. Last I heard the costs of those wars on part of the debt. Either case.... Bush broke Iraq, and now we own it.

If you dislike Obama because you are a republican .... and thats your over-riding reason. Thats ok. Thats called being a fan.

Just because you are a life long die hard Lions fan... doesnt mean that your quarterback is better than Peyton Manning.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
OMG I just read this:
yhupu5e7.jpg
proof that Obama is fanning this thing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/24/michael-brown-funeral-protests_n_5705301.html

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
My point is simply this. It IS about race. The media, the activists and the looters have made it so, even if it wasn?t.
No it is not, you ignore the hundreds of protestors and myself telling you this is about the police? Stop going by what the media is saying look with your own Two eyes. Because someone says something does not negate the actual fact.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Since when does going to college automatically make someone a good person? And it wasn't a few cigars, it was $50 worth. Also, what about the cops broken eye socket, and beat up face? I'm sorry that you were raised in a home where stealing and beating up cops was considered ok.

We don't know for sure what happened between Brown and the cop, so saying anything about the incident is going on what someone else said. As far as the store incident, going to college does make someone pretty good, I'm sorry if you have never been to college (like Brown) but it is actually normally a very good thing. And because he stole cigarellos he is the scum of the earth?

Be real for 2 seconds trying to make Brown look bad does not make sense because he is a kid who lost his life under questionable circumstances. The store incident does not change what happened afterwards, no matter what the media says.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
We don't know for sure what happened between Brown and the cop, so saying anything about the incident is going on what someone else said. As far as the store incident, going to college does make someone pretty good, I'm sorry if you have never been to college (like Brown) but it is actually normally a very good thing. And because he stole cigarellos he is the scum of the earth?

Be real for 2 seconds trying to make Brown look bad does not make sense because he is a kid who lost his life under questionable circumstances. The store incident does not change what happened afterwards, no matter what the media says.

I'm finishing my senior year of high school, AND dual enrolling with liberty university, then I'll be attending PCC. But you're saying that simply because college is a good experience, and because brown WANTED to go, makes him a good person. That's simply stupid reasoning. He could have dropped out, got kicked out, or a host of other things. Wanting to go to college, and graduating are two totally different things.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
This is why I don't get the point of vilifying Brown, he is DEAD, a mother is without her son right now and all the media and people can do is say bad things about him, I would be devastated if I was related to him and read some of these comments here. Jesus, what if this was your son/daughter gunned down by a cop?

This is not about race, this us about cops having the say in who lives and die, this is about cops being militarized and being aggressive towards citizens this is about cops not doing their JOB correctly and hurting, and scaring citizens.

From beginning to end this was all about the police force in Ferguson. If a cop is willing to shoot Brown under questionable circumstances, if a cop is willing to hold a assuakt rifle to various citizens heads in the streets on camera, if cops are willing to tear gas people on camera and wave their guns around, what makes you think this stops in Ferguson, who knows, maybe next time you get stopped by a cop (regardless of race) l, maybe you get guns in your face or shot to death. That is what Ferguson protesting is about. If you can't see that after I explained it to you and various sites have documented and wrote articles on it, I don't know what else to tell you.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm finishing my senior year of high school, AND dual enrolling with liberty university, then I'll be attending PCC. But you're saying that simply because college is a good experience, and because brown WANTED to go, makes him a good person. That's simply stupid reasoning. He could have dropped out, got kicked out, or a host of other things. Wanting to go to college, and graduating are two totally different things.

How do you know he wouldn't have graduated or is that prejudice that is surfacing? Why do you assume he would have dropped out? And I am sorry going to college wasn't a celebrated experience in your household, when I told my mom I was going to college, she was nothing but proud and happy for me, same goes for all the rest of my family.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
the shooter was immediately vilified and the person shot was immediately viewed as the victim. In fact, with the mounting evidence to support the shooter, it is now being said that the character of the person who was shot is being questioned. In other words, let's attempt to throw out his background and what he has just done prior to the shooting.

That doesn't mean absolute squat to a grand jury. This case will be held in a court of law... not a court of public opinion.

Or do you actually think it does? BTW the grand jury has 3 blacks... the rest are white.

What really matters, is this grand jury investigation will have absolutely nothing to do with race and will be about the truth.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
How do you know he wouldn't have graduated or is that prejudice that is surfacing? Why do you assume he would have dropped out? And I am sorry going to college wasn't a celebrated experience in your household, when I told my mom I was going to college, she was nothing but proud and happy for me, same goes for all the rest of my family.

I'm saying that wanting to go to college doesn't make one a good person. And you know that. I said he COULD have dropped out, I never said it was likely that he would have. And how do you know me going to college isn't a celebrated experience in my house?!? You don't have a clue how things are in my home. It was a celebrated thing, but me wanting to go to college DOES NOT MAKE ME A GOOD PERSON. Nor has it made anyone else. Heck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox