worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you see the Ferguson incident as racial incident when in fact that is not about race at all, is scary.
C'mon
I pay close enough attention and I think instead of moving in on the white house and seeing what the president is doing, maybe we should take it back a couple steps and see what can we do in our own community to improve.
The suggestion is good, but I will always pay attention to elected officials to make sure they're sure they are doing what the heck they are suppose to be doing.

The only reason the President gets so much limelight is because people put so much weight on it when majority of the stuff that affects us happens at a state, city and county level which people tend to ignore.
The incidents I mentioned above we're ALL local level stuff, and yet, BHO interjected himself into the fray.
Why are we putting so much emphasis on one man, what can we do as people (because these people wouldn't even be in office without our votes) to get people in office we really need?
That one man ran for the office. That one man made promises. That one man constantly blamed another man even for the things he himself caused. That one man goes out of his way to be involved in specific local matters. That one man was elected based on symbolism instead of experience & character. He is the first, and because of it, a huge deal was made about it and he was trumpeted as "the one". That is why so much emphasis is placed on him.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

It isn't a racial issue, it is a police issue.

The suggestion is good, but I will always pay attention to elected officials to make sure they're sure they are doing what the heck they are suppose to be doing.

True, but the president is the least effected by our own votes than our more local and state officials that we elect.

The incidents I mentioned above we're ALL local level stuff, and yet, BHO interjected himself into the fray.

They all were national hot topics that literally had people protesting, it would we wrong to ignore them regardless of who was in office.

That one man ran for the office. That one man made promises. That one man constantly blamed another man even for the things he himself caused. That one man goes out of his way to be involved in specific local matters. That one man was elected based on symbolism instead of experience & character. He is the first, and because of it, a huge deal was made about it and he was trumpeted as "the one". That is why so much emphasis is placed on him.

So because other people put emphasis on him, that means put even more emphasis on him? He goes out of his way to be a normal person, who would in any circumstances, talk about these incidents. why did no one object when Obama talked about people getting hurt in those mass murders, but as soon as he touches on something that some view as a racial issue, it is him butting into local business. hmmmm

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Then why is Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and a host of other people hanging out there? The whole fall-out could have been handled locally and/or with the help of the State. People are calling for the firing and death of the officer BEFORE he can even testify in a court of law.

True, but the president is the least effected by our own votes than our more local and state officials that we elect.
A President in his final term in office is arguably the least affected.

They all were national hot topics that literally had people protesting, it would we wrong to ignore them regardless of who was in office.
No. They all became national hot topics, primarily by the media, by bringing attention to the races involved and its similarity to the Martin incident. BHO and others are merely shamelessly jumping onboard for the ride.

So because other people put emphasis on him, that means put even more emphasis on him?
Other people?
He goes out of his way to be a normal person
Seriously? If you even read his books, you'd see that he is far from "normal"
, who would in any circumstances, talk about these incidents.
If you mean racial incidents, it depends on the person. I know a good deal of people who'd talk about race, but when problems arise when the discussions turn to fixing the problem. Some want money, some want 40 acres and a mule, some want contrasting races to suffer for what their ancestors had done and some want everyone to start with a clean slate. However, those who are in the business of race will never allow for racism to be removed from society.
why did no one object when Obama talked about people getting hurt in those mass murders, but as soon as he touches on something that some view as a racial issue, it is him butting into local business. hmmmm
C'mon now. A local police matter cannot be compared to a terrorist incident.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

So because other people put emphasis on him, that means put even more emphasis on him? He goes out of his way to be a normal person, who would in any circumstances, talk about these incidents. why did no one object when Obama talked about people getting hurt in those mass murders, but as soon as he touches on something that some view as a racial issue, it is him butting into local business. hmmmm

So the incident in Ferguson. Mo. isn't racial? What a bunch of b.s. Had the robber been white, and the cop black, this never would have hit the news. Of course, then Rev. Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would never had flown there, to inflame the crowds. Look, when will the white population be "allowed" to stop paying for what was done to the black population in the 19th century? My own people were persecuted when they got off the boats from Ireland, and what about the Jews? God only knows how many were really murdered. I'm sick and tired of this "cotton fields back home" attitude that most black people have in this country. Enough with the P.C. already!!! This country owes them NOTHING. The Civil War is over. Pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps, and go out and earn a living. My people cleaned horse manure off the streets of every major city in America, and then went on to build most of those cities, and the railroads. Why should black people be any different? If you really want to learn about hatred, ask the Jews.:mad:

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
And if that is the case with every politician then why do people particularly rally around Obama then in a "obama sux, and stuff" circlejerk? Seems odd. If people really care about politics, they need to be more politically active and if they have the stomach for it, run for office themselves. Change won't happen by just being online and complaining about it.

You're right, but try getting past the incumbents we've allowed to take over. They've made it nearly impossible to make it much above local levels without tons of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Then why is Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and a host of other people hanging out there? The whole fall-out could have been handled local and/or with the help of the State. People are calling the firing and death of the officer BEFORE he can even testify in a court of law.

Those people do not represent blacks nor do I myself, and if you paid attention to the protesting you would see this is about police being heavy handed.

A President in his final term in office is arguably the least affected.

Either way, we should put more emphasis on those who directly work for us the people than the those who are way up the food chain.

No. They all became national hot topics, primarily by the media, by bringing attention to the races involved and its similarity to the Martin incident. BHO and others are merely shamelessly jumping onboard for the ride.

So you admit because it got national attention it would be addressed by the president.

Other people?

Media, other citizens, etc.

Seriously? If you even read his books, you'd see that he is far from "normal" If you mean racial incidents, it depends on the person. I know a good deal of people who'd talk about race, but when problems arise when the discussions turn to fixing the problem. Some want money, some want 40 acres and a mule, some want contrasting races to suffer for what their ancestors had done and some want everyone to start with a clean slate. However, those who are in the business of race will never allow for racism to be removed from society.

You are correct, but the Ferguson incident is again not about race. Racism becomes worse when we ignore it, like we did for decades, but when it becomes addressed (in other situations) it all of sudden is wrong.

C'mon now. A local police matter cannot be compared to a terrorist incident.

But both got tons of media coverage which ended in them being addressed by the President. They were never described as terror incidents and then the media tries to go out of it's way to describe the perpetrators state of mind and whatnot, but with Brown, he was almost immediately vilified as a criminal even though he was the victim and lost his life. I think we can agree media is what is to blame for some citizens current view points on those incidents.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So the incident in Ferguson. Mo. isn't racial? What a bunch of b.s. Had the robber been white, and the cop black, this never would have hit the news. Of course, then Rev. Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would never had flown there, to inflame the crowds. Look, when will the white population be "allowed" to stop paying for what was done to the black population in the 19th century? My own people were persecuted when they got off the boats from Ireland, and what about the Jews? God only knows how many were really murdered. I'm sick and tired of this "cotton fields back home" attitude that most black people have in this country. Enough with the P.C. already!!! This country owes them NOTHING. The Civil War is over. Pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps, and go out and earn a living. My people cleaned horse manure off the streets of every major city in America, and then went on to build most of those cities, and the railroads. Why should black people be any different? If you really want to learn about hatred, ask the Jews.:mad:

Jesus, get off your high horse. Enough with this "oh, you need to do carry your own weight" bs. White people brought blacks over and now want to complain about entitlement and welfare and crime and whatnot, when almost all Black Americans problems can be traced back to being a product of racism. The Ferguson incident is AGAIN NOT ABOUT RACE, it is about police being heavy handed. Stop bringing up Al Sharpton and the like, they do not represent black people, again they do NOT represent black people.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You're right, but try getting past the incumbents we've allowed to take over. They've made it nearly impossible to make it much above local levels without tons of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then we work from the local levels to the top. That is how change happens, we don't go for the big fish at the outset, that happens over time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those people do not represent blacks nor do I myself, and if you paid attention to the protesting you would see this is about police being heavy handed.
Yes, they do. You yourself may not represent blacks as a whole, but the people I named above do and the term "civil rights leader/activist" often precede their names, and please don't insult me by claiming that the use of "civil rights" in regard to them is referring to the rights of EVERYONE....:)

Either way, we should put more emphasis on those who directly work for us the people than the those who are way up the food chain.
You're right, and normally we do, but under this admin, those at the federal level are trying to dictate EVERYTHING beneath it as if it alone is the ruling class.

So you admit because it got national attention it would be addressed by the president.
I admit no such thing. It was national news when Jimmy Fallon replaced Jay Leno, but I don't recall BHO commenting on it.

Media, other citizens, etc.
Oh okay...:)

You are correct, but the Ferguson incident is again not about race.
I respectfully disagree.
Racism becomes worse when we ignore it, like we did for decades, but when it becomes addressed (in other situations) it all of sudden is wrong.
I've discussed racism my entire life. I've had good discussions like the one we're having and I've had some that led to blows. Having said that, if the incident in Ferguson is merely a police matter then why is it being discussed nationwide as a race matter? Why is so much emphasis being placed on race of the shooter and the one who was shot?

But both got tons of media coverage which ended in them being addressed by the President. They were never described as terror incidents
The media and this admin did everything in their power to not portray the incident as terrorist-related. They did the same thing in regard to Ft. Hood by calling it "workplace violence". This is the same admin who refers to terrorists as "enemy combatants". Need I continue?
and then the media tries to go out of it's way to describe the perpetrators state of mind and whatnot, but with Brown, he was almost immediately vilified as a criminal even though he was the victim and lost his life.
No, the shooter was immediately vilified and the person shot was immediately viewed as the victim. In fact, with the mounting evidence to support the shooter, it is now being said that the character of the person who was shot is being questioned. In other words, let's attempt to throw out his background and what he has just done prior to the shooting.
I think we can agree media is what is to blame for some citizens current view points on those incidents.

I agree totally with that statement.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Jesus, get off your high horse. Enough with this "oh, you need to do carry your own weight" bs. White people brought blacks over and now want to complain about entitlement and welfare and crime and whatnot, when almost all Black Americans problems can be traced back to being a product of racism. The Ferguson incident is AGAIN NOT ABOUT RACE, it is about police being heavy handed. Stop bringing up Al Sharpton and the like, they do not represent black people, again they do NOT represent black people.

White people did bring black people to America, 250 years ago. Where you personally sold by your tribal leaders to white slavers, and brought here? What was it like for you personally, to work on a plantation? That old excuse is lame, already. Stop using it as an excuse for entitlement. Sharpton and Jackson represent what is wrong with the system. They have the ability to inflame a crowd, with their racist b.s. After all is said and done, they NEVER apologize. They live for racial tension, and disharmony. When the next "Ferguson" happens, let's see just who shows up to incite a riot. I guess that you must think that a cop is NOT allowed to defend himself, if the suspect is black. Had i been in charge of the situation, i would have shot every looter that i could, no matter where they came from, and no matter what the color of their skin.:mad:

P.S. I don't have a high horse to get off of, i can't afford to buy one.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they do. You yourself may not represent blacks as a whole, but the people I named above do and the term "civil rights leader/activist" often precede their names, and please don't insult me by claiming that the use of "civil rights" in regard to them is referring to the rights of EVERYONE....:)

I don't remember the last time, I have heard another black person saying they support Al Sharpton, he is seen as the lame duck by everyone, I am just saying...I have seen the man before and while he is a decent person, he is not someone I would talk to about political matters.

You're right, and normally we do, but under this admin, those at the federal level are trying to dictate EVERYTHING beneath it as if it alone is the ruling class.

Any examples? I can' think of any.

I admit no such thing. It was national news when Jimmy Fallon replaced Jay Leno, but I don't recall BHO commenting on it.

But those incidents like Ferguson and Trayvon Martin were questionable situations that got national attention, that is why he commented on them.

I respectfully disagree. I've discussed racism my entire life. I've had good discussions like the one we're having and I've had some that led to blows. Having said that, if the incident in Ferguson is merely a police matter then why is it being discussed nationwide as a race matter? Why is so much emphasis being placed on race of the shooter and the one who was shot?

The media is doing that. I don't care about their races as this matter is about why did the cop shoot him in the first place and why are cops waving guns at citizens in the street and acting super aggressive and shooting and hurting people. That is the issue at hand, not race.

The media and this admin did everything in their power to not portray the incident as terrorist-related. They did the same thing in regard to Ft. Hood by calling it "workplace violence". This is the same admin who refers to terrorists as "enemy combatants". Need I continue?

I get where you are coming from, it seems there is a common denominator in all this.

No, the shooter was immediately vilified and the person shot was immediately viewed as the victim. In fact, with the mounting evidence to support the shooter, it is now being said that the character of the person who was shot is being questioned. In other words, let's attempt to throw out his background and what he has just done prior to the shooting.

The problem with the Ferguson incident is that whatever happened tot eh victim or whatever he was involved in had nothing to do with the actual shooting. The cop who even shot him was said by the police chief of ferguson himself that he knew zero about Browns activities beforehand. So the shooting happened because of whatever circumstances (of which we have no concrete evidence either way) that transpired. Until more facts is known, we don't know for sure what happened there, but what we know for certain is that a family has one less member and that is a sad thing, no matter how you feel about the situation.

I agree totally with that statement.

There is a reason I watch as little main stream media as possible because it is heavily influenced and bias. I rather read multiple sources on the web and be able to draw my own conclusions.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
White people did bring black people to America, 250 years ago. Where you personally sold by your tribal leaders to white slavers, and brought here? What was it like for you personally, to work on a plantation? That old excuse is lame, already. Stop using it as an excuse for entitlement. Sharpton and Jackson represent what is wrong with the system. They have the ability to inflame a crowd, with their racist b.s. After all is said and done, they NEVER apologize. They live for racial tension, and disharmony. When the next "Ferguson" happens, let's see just who shows up to incite a riot. I guess that you must think that a cop is NOT allowed to defend himself, if the suspect is black. Had i been in charge of the situation, i would have shot every looter that i could, no matter where they came from, and no matter what the color of their skin.:mad:

P.S. I don't have a high horse to get off of, i can't afford to buy one.

This is why I think, it will be hard for me to have a civilized discussion with you, because you already sound heavily aggressive and angry, and you seem to draw conclusions about situations that you have never been in.

So let me set this straight with you now, I do not take entitlements, I am black, yes. But I have no welfare under my belt. I am currently a Finance major in college. But I will say this, we do not know all the facts with the Ferguson incident, and you like many other I have seen are taking the race bait hook line and sinker. I also will say that when it comes to racism itself, unless you have experienced it, you have no reason to put down claims of it, Sharpton and co. are their people, f them. But when it comes to people coming together for a cause, stop looking at race, look at what their protest is about and you will see it is not about race.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This is why I think, it will be hard for me to have a civilized discussion with you, because you already sound heavily aggressive and angry, and you seem to draw conclusions about situations that you have never been in.

So let me set this straight with you now, I do not take entitlements, I am black, yes. But I have no welfare under my belt. I am currently a Finance major in college. But I will say this, we do not know all the facts with the Ferguson incident, and you like many other I have seen are taking the race bait hook line and sinker. I also will say that when it comes to racism itself, unless you have experienced it, you have no reason to put down claims of it, Sharpton and co. are their people, f them. But when it comes to people coming together for a cause, stop looking at race, look at what their protest is about and you will see it is not about race.

I totally disagree with you. Ferguson is all about race. I will put this question to you again...If the suspect in Ferguson was white, and the cop was black, how much national news coverage would there be? It's true that the media is partly to blame for inflaming the situation, but Sharpton, Jackson & Co. have always played the "race card". Those actions are NOT the work of decent men. The Governor of Missouri said what i did about Ferguson, because he was scared. He was afraid of a race riot. This is what our country has become, and i blame it all on "Political Correctness". In 1932, the people of Germany were P.C., and to prove it, they legally elected Adolph Hitler as Vice Chancellor. The best quote that i've ever heard was..."History always repeats itself".:mad:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I totally disagree with you. Ferguson is all about race. I will put this question to you again...If the suspect in Ferguson was white, and the cop was black, how much national news coverage would there be? It's true that the media is partly to blame for inflaming the situation, but Sharpton, Jackson & Co. have always played the "race card". Those actions are NOT the work of decent men. The Governor of Missouri said what i did about Ferguson, because he was scared. He was afraid of a race riot. This is what our country has become, and i blame it all on "Political Correctness". In 1932, the people of Germany were P.C., and to prove it, they legally elected Adolph Hitler as Vice Chancellor. The best quote that i've ever heard was..."History always repeats itself".:mad:
Just because others trued to make it about race does not mean it is about race.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree. That why I like Perry so much. When he was campaigning in 2012, he something to the effect of "if ya come to Texas and kill somebody, we'll kill ya "

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Because they are trying to take away from the actual problem.

For the last time, will you or won't you answer my question? "If the suspect in Ferguson was white, and the cop was black, would that incident be picked up by the national news media? Answer, please!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR