11-01-2014 03:55 PM
    Thank you. A very good article. Krugman is good at getting to the point and the bottom line is Obama has gotten a ton accomplished. It won't look that way if you refuse to see how he saved this country from a massive depression and you believe every and anything about this new health care law is awful, but if you view things that way you've already chosen to not participate in reality. He has done this with a republican party that proclaimed on his election victory to block everything he would attempt to get done until he is driven from office. How do you work with that and how do you proclaim yourself a patriot when you allow your country to suffer for years in order to regain power for your political party?
    Les74 and Scatabrain like this.
    11-01-2014 06:04 PM
    Thank you. A very good article. Krugman is good at getting to the point and the bottom line is Obama has gotten a ton accomplished. It won't look that way if you refuse to see how he saved this country from a massive depression and you believe every and anything about this new health care law is awful, but if you view things that way you've already chosen to not participate in reality. He has done this with a republican party that proclaimed on his election victory to block everything he would attempt to get done until he is driven from office. How do you work with that and how do you proclaim yourself a patriot when you allow your country to suffer for years in order to regain power for your political party?
    The last sentence pretty much nails it.
    Scatabrain and A895 like this.
    11-01-2014 06:50 PM
    Did President Obama Save Us From a Second Great Depression? NO! IT'S a tall tale, about how the Obama administration saved us from another Great Depression..Simply false!! How did Obama save us? by continuing more Bush/Paulson-like bailouts.

Chuckles...

As I've stated before: Conservatism is the antidote to tyranny. It's the only one. It's based on thousands of years of human experience. There is nothing narrow about the conservative philosophy. It's a liberating philosophy. It is a magnificent philosophy. It is a philosophy for the ages, for all times.
    11-03-2014 08:49 AM
    Chuckles..

America has never been a pure democracy and majoritarianism has always been as much feared as monarchism.

Communist paper...
    11-03-2014 08:50 AM
    Did President Obama Save Us From a Second Great Depression? NO! IT'S a tall tale, about how the Obama administration saved us from another Great Depression..Simply false!! How did Obama save us? by continuing more Bush/Paulson-like bailouts.

Chuckles...

As I've stated before: Conservatism is the antidote to tyranny. It's the only one. It's based on thousands of years of human experience. There is nothing narrow about the conservative philosophy. It's a liberating philosophy. It is a magnificent philosophy. It is a philosophy for the ages, for all times.
    Conservatism is not based on thousands of years of human experience it is a political philosophy that is not even 100 years old. It is based on people who don't like change.

And yes, Obama despite your belief did in fact save our economy from a depression. There won't another president strong as him for a long time.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-03-2014 09:22 AM

Chuckles...

Well said.
    11-03-2014 09:25 AM
    Conservatism is not based on thousands of years of human experience it is a political philosophy that is not even 100 years old. It is based on people who don't like change.

And yes, Obama despite your belief did in fact save our economy from a depression. There won't another president strong as him for a long time.

No, he made the depression much worse with his uncontrollable spending and giving billions of dollars to foreign governments. You're wrong, conservatism is based on thousands of years of experience.
    11-03-2014 09:27 AM
    I wonder if Obama has directly helped or hindered tech and tech business?
    11-03-2014 10:36 AM
    I wonder if Obama has directly helped or hindered tech and tech business?
    According to this article, Silicon Valley is fed up with democrats and the Obama administration and are donating heavily to republicans. http://online.wsj.com/articles/gordo...can-1414973099
    11-03-2014 10:46 AM
    No, he made the depression much worse with his uncontrollable spending and giving billions of dollars to foreign governments. You're wrong, conservatism is based on thousands of years of experience.
    I agree. Just look at the Roman Empire right before it fell. The US and it have way too much in common right now.
    11-03-2014 10:52 AM
    Tomorrow we will win the six seats needed to gain control of the chamber...Republicans have the clear advantage to win control of U.S. Senate in tomorrow's elections.. We will take this country back..

Long live the Republic..Long live freedom.
    11-03-2014 10:55 AM
    According to this article, Silicon Valley is fed up with democrats and the Obama administration and are donating heavily to republicans. http://online.wsj.com/articles/gordo...can-1414973099
    It's about time!
    I agree. Just look at the Roman Empire right before it fell. The US and it have way too much in common right now.
    Funny, my uncle uses the same comparison.
    Tomorrow we will win the six seats needed to gain control of the chamber...Republicans have the clear advantage to win control of U.S. Senate in tomorrow's elections.. We will take this country back..

One can only hope.
    the_tech_eater and hydrogen3 like this.
    11-03-2014 11:01 AM

It's looking like David Purdue will win the senate seat here in ga!
    11-03-2014 11:16 AM
    Democrats want more intrusion and bigger Government and more taxes.

entitlement spending in 2010 at all levels of government totaled $2.2 trillion in 2010. That equals $7,200 for every man, woman and child in the country. It approaches a staggering $29,000 for a family of four.

Thank you Democrats
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-03-2014 02:00 PM

entitlement spending in 2010 at all levels of government totaled $2.2 trillion in 2010. That equals $7,200 for every man, woman and child in the country. It approaches a staggering $29,000 for a family of four.

Thank you Democrats
    Remember that republicans don't want to help and are horrible villains because we oppose giving free handouts to everyone and their brother. I'm not against welfare, in fact I think it's good. But it seems to me that most people that are on it could make it without it. And I'm 100% opposed to taking money from the rich and giving to the poor, who could be rich of they had the same work ethics and morals as the rich.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-03-2014 02:59 PM

Thank you Democrats
    But that's not what the liberal media is saying so it can't be true!

Remember that republicans don't want to help and are horrible villains because we oppose giving free handouts to everyone and their brother. I'm not against welfare, in fact I think it's good. But it seems to me that most people that are on it could make it without it. And I'm 100% opposed to taking money from the rich and giving to the poor, who could be rich of they had the same work ethics and morals as the rich.
    Exactly. My ancestors immigrated from Italy and they had nothing when they got here. They worked for what they have, and they worked their asses off! Keep in mind they came to the United States at a time when you were discriminated against unless you came from a Northwestern European country. It makes me angry to see these people on government assistance driving luxury cars and living in nice houses.
    the_tech_eater and hydrogen3 like this.
    11-03-2014 03:53 PM
    Lol, no it is not. How can it be based on experiences when the U.S. government is not even more than couple hundred years old.

Also, yes Obama did in fact save our economy, are you saying the economy was BETTER in 2009?

11-03-2014 04:52 PM
    But that's not what the liberal media is saying so it can't be true!

Exactly. My ancestors immigrated from Italy and they had nothing when they got here. They worked for what they have, and they worked their asses off! Keep in mind they came to the United States at a time when you were discriminated against unless you came from a Northwestern European country. It makes me angry to see these people on government assistance driving luxury cars and living in nice houses.
    Way to generalize. Not every single person is using fancy cars and living in nice houses who is on welfare.

11-03-2014 04:55 PM
    That us not the case for everyone who is poor, that is just generalizing everyone's situation, when that isn't the case.

11-03-2014 04:55 PM
    The Roman Empire was a corrupt government and had a much different government structure than out own. You can see SOME similarities but they don't have much in common at all.

11-03-2014 04:57 PM

Thank you Democrats
    Just how much did the Iraq War cost the U.S.?

Ya know, asking for a friend.
    A895 likes this.
    11-03-2014 05:04 PM
    Lol, no it is not. How can it be based on experiences when the U.S. government is not even more than couple hundred years old.

Also, yes Obama did in fact save our economy, are you saying the economy was BETTER in 2009?

It was much better before obama

Way to generalize. Not every single person is using fancy cars and living in nice houses who is on welfare.

I'm not generalizing, just stating my observations. You should come to where I live, that's all you see are people driving Lexuses paying for their groceries with food stamps.

That us not the case for everyone who is poor, that is just generalizing everyone's situation, when that isn't the case.

That is the case.
    The Roman Empire was a corrupt government and had a much different government structure than out own. You can see SOME similarities but they don't have much in common at all.

You obviously don't know your history. The Roman Empire was one of the strongest empires in history.
    11-03-2014 05:04 PM
    It was much better before financial crisis. This is not this administrations doing.
    Les74 and A895 like this.
    11-03-2014 05:08 PM
    It was much better before obama
    That is lie and you know it. We were in a recession before Obama was elected and he managed to get us out of it.

I'm not generalizing, just stating my observations. You should come to where I live, that's all you see are people driving Lexuses paying for their groceries with food stamps.
    You are telling me that I will see multiple people with Lexuses with food stamps in one location? /s

You obviously don't know your history. The Roman Empire was one of the strongest empires in history.
    It also was an EMPIRE ruled by Alexander the Great, a guy who became dictator. Even when it was a republic its structures had nothing akin to what the United States has.

11-03-2014 05:10 PM
950 ... 3233343536 ...