Have you ever taken economics? While there has to be properly right protection, regulating business ALWAYS hurts business. Neither can be avoided, but keeping regulations to minimum helps business. As for the minimum wage, it will cause two things: A. By setting a price floor on labor, the Feds are causing the market to go out of equilibrium. Because some low skill workers aren't worth 10.10 an hour(or even 7.50, in the case of many farm workers) the minimum wage causes higher unemployment for the very people it is supposed to help. B. It will cause higher prices: when you have higher taxes, you have to charge more. The minimum wage is a tax on employers. So it also hurts the very people it is supposed to help, as do many, many government programs, made by corrupt officials that want good results now, and don't give a rip about the future results.
    Minimum wage is very helpful to the workers that will be able to keep their jobs. But it hurts unemployed, and vulnerable workers. Here is an example: Attachment 68984 as the minimum wage goes up, the employment level goes from E0 to E1, causing an excess supply of employees, and a lower than equilibrium demand. Note: this is just an example, I am in no way saying what the minimum wage should be, rather showing that it takes the market out of equilibrium.

Source: Economics: private and public choice. Gwartney (My textbook for economics 213, which I completed the first of August)
    Regulating business does not always hurt business. You have to discern what you mean when you say business. Do you mean strictly the owner or shareholders or are you including the workers. An increase of minimum wage is also known as sharing profits with the workers who helped create them. It is inconclusive what impact higher minimum wages will have in the short and long term but there are arguments on both sides to be heard. And stop asking people if they've ever taken economics. It's annoying.

2014 Job Creation Faster in States that Raised the Minimum Wage | CEPR Blog
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:21 AM
    Fox Newss Bill OReilly: Obama has failed on economy

"Not only has President Obama failed to improve the economic story, but on his watch, foreign policy has nearly collapsed. By nearly every measure things are worse in America than when President Obama took office."
    10-21-2014 12:47 PM
    Fox Newss Bill OReilly: Obama has failed on economy

"Not only has President Obama failed to improve the economic story, but on his watch, foreign policy has nearly collapsed. By nearly every measure things are worse in America than when President Obama took office."
    Well, there it is. If Bill O'Reilly says it then it MUST be true.

I barely got through typing that without rolling on the floor.
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:00 PM
    Well, there it is. If Bill O'Reilly says it then it MUST be true.

I barely got through typing that without rolling on the floor.
    Who is the Libertarian or independent (chuckles) rebuttal? Who,, give me one source to debunk Mr. O'Rielly.
    10-21-2014 01:05 PM
    Who is the Libertarian or independent (chuckles) rebuttal? Who,, give me one source to debunk Mr. O'Rielly.
    Is common sense one?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Les74 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:06 PM
    You want a source to show the economy has improved since 2008?
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:11 PM
    You want a source to show the economy has improved since 2008?
    You going to quote a tabloid? Perhaps the funnies?
    10-21-2014 01:17 PM
    Is common sense one?

Not definitive proof...
    10-21-2014 01:18 PM
    Not definitive proof...
    Then I guess we have met an impasse.

10-21-2014 01:34 PM
    Then I guess we have met an impasse.

Good God man... come back with Wolf Blitzer. (CNN's lead political anchor and the anchor of The Situation Room) Ed Schultz..Steve Preminger...Come back with something other than delusions of grandeur.....

I get chuckles just typing CNN..
    10-21-2014 01:39 PM
    worst president in modern times-bill_maher-_colonel_sanders-_uncle_sam.jpg
    grover5 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill_Maher,_Colonel_Sanders,_Uncle_Sam.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	69031
    Yeah... another laugh and chuckle session there... Bill Maher= CENSORED.... Nothing but chuckles
    10-21-2014 02:00 PM
    Good God man... come back with Wolf Blitzer. (CNN's lead political anchor and the anchor of The Situation Room) Ed Schultz..Steve Preminger...Come back with something other than delusions of grandeur.....

I get chuckles just typing CNN..
    I don't even like CNN, they are just as bad as Fox for sensationalism. As I said an impasse.

10-21-2014 02:17 PM
    Probably the worst thing about politics is that certain scrupulous people take advantage of the fact that ideology for far too many people is more important than truth, and no matter how hard you try to get them to look at the facts/truths for themselves, they flat out refuse and cling tightly to their ideology as if it were the most precious thing on the planet. #smh
    Stop believing in politically correctness and secular democracy. Western civilization will soon collapse unless you act now.
    10-21-2014 02:31 PM
    Stop believing in politically correctness and secular democracy. Western civilization will soon collapse unless you act now.
    Me? Politically correct? Ah....No....
    10-21-2014 02:34 PM
    Me? Politically correct? Ah....No....
    Not you, what I meant was the western world.
    10-21-2014 02:37 PM
    Ahh, Alex Jones.... Cool beans
    10-21-2014 02:46 PM
    You going to quote a tabloid? Perhaps the funnies?
    Ok, just so we are completely clear, you are saying the economy is worse today than it was in 2008. Is that correct?
    10-21-2014 03:05 PM
    Ok, just so we are completely clear, you are saying the economy is worse today than it was in 2008. Is that correct?
    It is much worse today than it was in 2008.
    10-21-2014 03:10 PM
    It is much worse today than it was in 2008.
    How can you expect to be taken seriously when you make comments like this?
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 03:14 PM
    It's only the truth! How is the economy better today than it was in 2008? It isn't.
    10-21-2014 03:15 PM
    Good Grief..look around you man.. The economy is in shambles!!
    10-21-2014 03:18 PM
    Who are you telling! If unemployment is down its because, due to obamacare, companies cut two full time positions and made three part time positions. This is like the lie that Clinton created a surplus.
    10-21-2014 03:20 PM
    I disagree. I think it's better.
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 03:20 PM
    In 2008 the unemployment rate was at 10% as our country was entering the greatest recession since the great depression. You cannot possibly be so completely delusional to not know that...or maybe you can.
    A895 and Les74 like this.
    10-21-2014 03:21 PM
950 ... 2526272829 ...