Yes. Yes. I thought Nobama promised to fix welfare!?! Another campaign promise broken, Lies after lie after lie from this President.

No..The coffers of the Federal Government are not for them to spend as thy see fit!!!! Unless of course your a Democrat OR Communist!
    Why is it always ultimatums? Obama has to contend with a lackadaisical Congress, they block everything he wants to do so they can say "Obama does not do anything" and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Les74 likes this.
    10-20-2014 07:20 PM
    Watch the videos and learn.
    10-20-2014 07:27 PM
    I am not going to keep indulging myself in nonsense the right thinks they can push. All they care about is staying in Congress and lining their pockets. That is all they care about, there is a reason this is one of the laziest group of Congress people of all time.

10-20-2014 08:06 PM
    Obama has always been able to talk. It's starting to show that people are no longer enamoured by just words.
    Hopefully that is true.
    Interesting, my Uncle (my mothers brother) Move's from state to state (every six months) As soon as he walks to the welfare office BAM! here come the money and food stamps and section 8 housing.....The same day.... He's done this several times over the past 4 years If I recall 6 states total.. It's to easy to get welfare...If the damn bum would get a job,,, why do that with all the hand outs!!!!! I'll be paying for the bum for the rest of his life...
    This sounds like my state.
    10-20-2014 08:20 PM
    That's not learning. You're drinking koolaid. You're also speaking from a position of fear and suspicion which makes you an easy target for manipulation.
    A895 and Les74 like this.
    10-20-2014 08:38 PM
    Hopefully that is true.

This sounds like my state.
    Actually it sounds a lot like the right wing urban legend and is most likely not even true. Regardless if you have a handful of people doing this it is helping many more. The right is so infatuated with the idea that one person somewhere is gaming the welfare system that they are willing to humiliate and degrade the millions of working poor to find him. Walmart is your welfare state. They don't pay a living wage so the taxpayer subsidizes those 6 lazy fat kids that have never worked a day in their life. You can't have it both ways, either force companies to pay a living wage or embrace subsidizing the businesses by paying for their employees food and healthcare. Pick one, you can't have them both.
    A895, kilofoxtrot and Les74 like this.
    10-20-2014 08:46 PM
    Actually it sounds a lot like the right wing urban legend and is most likely not even true. Regardless if you have a handful of people doing this it is helping many more. The right is so infatuated with the idea that one person somewhere is gaming the welfare system that they are willing to humiliate and degrade the millions of working poor to find him. Walmart is your welfare state. They don't pay a living wage so the taxpayer subsidizes those 6 lazy fat kids that have never worked a day in their life. You can't have it both ways, either force companies to pay a living wage or embrace subsidizing the businesses by paying for their employees food and healthcare. Pick one, you can't have them both.
    If one person is frauding the welfare system, that is one person too much.
    10-20-2014 08:55 PM
    So the only solution is to get rid of the whole thing? How does that make sense?

10-20-2014 08:58 PM
    So the only solution is to get rid of the whole thing? How does that make sense?

Fraud is fraud. If one commits credit card fraud they go to jail. If one frauds the welfare system nothing happens. Why is there a difference? There shouldn't be.
    10-20-2014 09:02 PM
    Then go after the walmart kids, there are six of them stealing from you everyday. They love you though. You not only support them stealing your money you also vote for more of it and fight and argue for their right to continue to do it. You're gold to them.
    Les74 likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:04 PM
    Then go after the walmart kids, there are six of them stealing from you everyday. They love you though. You not only support them stealing your money you also vote for more of it and fight and argue for their right to continue to do it. You're gold to them.
    How did I vote for them?
    10-20-2014 09:05 PM
    How did I vote for them?
    You vote for the party that fights regulating businesses and wants to either keep the minimum wage at an unlivable rate or eliminate it completely. That's a great start. You're voting for their system of doing business.
    A895 and Les74 like this.
    10-20-2014 09:09 PM
    You vote for the party that fights regulating businesses and wants to either keep the minimum wage at an unlivable rate or eliminate it completely. That's a great start. You're voting for their system of doing business.
    I don't recall saying who I voted for, so...
    10-20-2014 09:12 PM
    I don't recall saying who I voted for, so...
    Based on your positions in the thread it seemed clear who you voted for. But if you don't vote for the republican party then you are free to say so.
    A895 likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:27 PM
    Based on your positions in the thread it seemed clear who you voted for. But if you don't vote for the republican party then you are free to say so.
    Perhaps you should stop making assumptions.
    10-20-2014 09:29 PM
    Fraud is fraud. If one commits credit card fraud they go to jail. If one frauds the welfare system nothing happens. Why is there a difference? There shouldn't be.
    You didn't understand what I am asking, because otherwise you wouldn't saying that. You are saying if someone commits credit card fraud, we get rid of credit cards?

Les74 likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:35 PM
    Perhaps you should stop making assumptions.
    So, you don't vote Republican?

10-20-2014 09:36 PM
    You didn't understand what I am asking, because otherwise you wouldn't saying that. You are saying if someone commits credit card fraud, we get rid of credit cards?

No, but those who commit credit card fraud typically go to jail.
    10-20-2014 09:36 PM
    You my sir are categorically wrong. Care the retract your statement?

Google Search results lists hundreds to thousands of welfare fraud arrests or convictions: here is just a sample.

-------------------------------------------

Wealthy Minn. couple wanted for welfare fraud arrested in Florida

Seymour woman arrested for welfare fraud, theft

Yacht Couple Charged With Welfare Fraud Arrested In Fla.

Welfare fraud raids: 42 named in thefts of $624K from Syracuse and 15 suburbs

5 charged in county with welfare fraud

Michigan $1 Million Lotto Winner Arrested for Failing to Report Winnings, Employment
    10-20-2014 09:53 PM
    No, but those who commit credit card fraud typically go to jail.
    So you are saying arrest people who commit welfare fraud? Sounds like another thing to throw minorities in jail for.

10-20-2014 11:26 PM
    Have you ever taken economics? While there has to be properly right protection, regulating business ALWAYS hurts business. Neither can be avoided, but keeping regulations to minimum helps business. As for the minimum wage, it will cause two things: A. By setting a price floor on labor, the Feds are causing the market to go out of equilibrium. Because some low skill workers aren't worth 10.10 an hour(or even 7.50, in the case of many farm workers) the minimum wage causes higher unemployment for the very people it is supposed to help. B. It will cause higher prices: when you have higher taxes, you have to charge more. The minimum wage is a tax on employers. So it also hurts the very people it is supposed to help, as do many, many government programs, made by corrupt officials that want good results now, and don't give a rip about the future results.
    Minimum wage is very helpful to the workers that will be able to keep their jobs. But it hurts unemployed, and vulnerable workers. Here is an example: Attachment 68984 as the minimum wage goes up, the employment level goes from E0 to E1, causing an excess supply of employees, and a lower than equilibrium demand. Note: this is just an example, I am in no way saying what the minimum wage should be, rather showing that it takes the market out of equilibrium.

Source: Economics: private and public choice. Gwartney (My textbook for economics 213, which I completed the first of August)
    10-21-2014 08:17 AM
    Those are just a few. And not surprising they're white. What about the blacks and other minorities who commit welfare fraud? This seems like it's racist to me!

So you are saying arrest people who commit welfare fraud? Sounds like another thing to throw minorities in jail for.

Sounds like you're playing the race card again and it needs to stop. It doesn't matter if one is a minority or not, if they fraud the welfare system they are a criminal, period end of story. As a result they should be treated as a criminal. You're the one saying minorities are the ones committing the fraud, not me.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    10-21-2014 08:20 AM

So..minorities are the only ones committing welfare fraud?? You are a silly man.....
    10-21-2014 08:22 AM
    So..minorities are the only ones committing welfare fraud?? You are a silly man.....
    They're the ones who aren't getting charged and arrested because it'd be considered racist...
    10-21-2014 08:23 AM
    Have you ever taken economics? While there has to be properly right protection, regulating business ALWAYS hurts business. Neither can be avoided, but keeping regulations to minimum helps business. As for the minimum wage, it will cause two things: A. By setting a price floor on labor, the Feds are causing the market to go out of equilibrium. Because some low skill workers aren't worth 10.10 an hour(or even 7.50, in the case of many farm workers) the minimum wage causes higher unemployment for the very people it is supposed to help. B. It will cause higher prices: when you have higher taxes, you have to charge more. The minimum wage is a tax on employers. So it also hurts the very people it is supposed to help, as do many, many government programs, made by corrupt officials that want good results now, and don't give a rip about the future results.
    Minimum wage is very helpful to the workers that will be able to keep their jobs. But it hurts unemployed, and vulnerable workers. Here is an example: Attachment 68984 as the minimum wage goes up, the employment level goes from E0 to E1, causing an excess supply of employees, and a lower than equilibrium demand. Note: this is just an example, I am in no way saying what the minimum wage should be, rather showing that it takes the market out of equilibrium.

Source: Economics: private and public choice. Gwartney (My textbook for economics 213, which I completed the first of August)
    Well said!
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    10-21-2014 08:25 AM
950 ... 2223242526 ...