Yes. With out a doubt.
    So you think that mentality could not be the residue of having your entire race subjugated for over 100 years?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-18-2014 07:52 PM
    So you think that mentality could not be the residue of having your entire race subjugated for over 100 years?

Here we go again. You keep blaming the white people for everything.
    10-18-2014 07:57 PM
    Funny David Webb said the same exact thing.
    10-18-2014 08:15 PM
    Why is it so hard to read for you? I am not blaming anyone, but I am saying that slavery did have a lasting effect on America's culture and the black people and their descendants. These lasting effects appeared in the former of Jim Crow laws to civil rights movements to finally integration. But as far as integration goes, the mentality that comes from decades of poverty and subjugation has seeped into a new consciousness among blacks in America.

People not wanting to move up, people who revel in belonging in a group despite what the group gets into (why gangs are prevalent). There was a time where gangs were for protecting the black community against white people who were inclined to terrorize or intimidate them.

That changed to gangs becoming some type of status of being "hood" which isn't a acceptable image today. This also goes into why violence runs so deep in black Americans. We are so mad at the world for our situations we often turn on our own people.

But some of us are smart enough to make it out of the cycle and do something positive for our lives. I am an example, I grew up in the hood, some of my friends were drug dealers, I worked hard to get good grades in school, got a scholarship to college and here I am going into my second year at a college.

But for some of us, we aren't able to focus on school well enough or have the support structure at home to motivate us to better our lives. I know so many smart people who fell into the fast money of selling dope and never graduated high school.

That is because in the United States, Black people face more adversity day in and day out than any other minority race in the U. S. You face gangs, drugs, peer pressure, bullies, and all other sorts of craziness living in the hood. My mom even had her car stolen in front of her before.

But because white people have majority always had an economic, structural, and environmental support that black will have, it was given the name of white privilege, which is just a two words for white people most of the time get better opportunities than minorities.

That is what I have been trying to say this whole time. I am not blaming anyone, I never have been.

10-18-2014 09:43 PM
    Funny David Webb said the same exact thing.
    I heard if you say his name 3 times he appears out of thin air.

10-18-2014 09:43 PM
    Why is it so hard to read for you? I am not blaming anyone, but I am saying that slavery did have a lasting effect on America's culture and the black people and their descendants. These lasting effects appeared in the former of Jim Crow laws to civil rights movements to finally integration. But as far as integration goes, the mentality that comes from decades of poverty and subjugation has seeped into a new consciousness among blacks in America.

People not wanting to move up, people who revel in belonging in a group despite what the group gets into (why gangs are prevalent). There was a time where gangs were for protecting the black community against white people who were inclined to terrorize or intimidate them.

That changed to gangs becoming some type of status of being "hood" which isn't a acceptable image today. This also goes into why violence runs so deep in black Americans. We are so mad at the world for our situations we often turn on our own people.

But some of us are smart enough to make it out of the cycle and do something positive for our lives. I am an example, I grew up in the hood, some of my friends were drug dealers, I worked hard to get good grades in school, got a scholarship to college and here I am going into my second year at a college.

But for some of us, we aren't able to focus on school well enough or have the support structure at home to motivate us to better our lives. I know so many smart people who fell into the fast money of selling dope and never graduated high school.

That is because in the United States, Black people face more adversity day in and day out than any other minority race in the U. S. You face gangs, drugs, peer pressure, bullies, and all other sorts of craziness living in the hood. My mom even had her car stolen in front of her before.

But because white people have majority always had an economic, structural, and environmental support that black will have, it was given the name of white privilege, which is just a two words for white people most of the time get better opportunities than minorities.

That is what I have been trying to say this whole time. I am not blaming anyone, I never have been.

You do blame the white man, and keep mentioning this mythical White Privilege. Like I have said before, whites aren't to blame for slavery. We're not the ones who sold our own people into slavery. Gangs, really? They are no different than terrorists. Whites have it much harder than any minorities these days. Our hard work is often overlooked because we're not a minority. If you say otherwise you're a liar. The Jews got over slavery and the Holocaust. I'm sick of blacks using that excuse.
    10-18-2014 10:17 PM
    Get over slavery, the Jews got over that and the Holocaust.
    This may go down in history as the most asinine thing ever written on the Internet....and I'm a white guy.
    A895 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:23 PM
    This may go down in history as the most asinine thing ever written on the Internet....and I'm a white guy.
    Not at all. Stop using it as an excuse. I'm sure that most White Americans today had no hand in slavery. So stop blaming us.
    10-18-2014 10:25 PM
    Not at all. Stop using it as an excuse. I'm sure that most White Americans today had no hand in slavery. So stop blaming us.
    Were you ever a slave? Were "your" people ever slaves? I seriously cannot stand when people use the "get over it" excuse when it's never happened to them. Besides that, can you say open and honestly that Jews have gotten over the Holocaust? If you can, then you really need to get back into touch with reality.
    A895 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:29 PM
    Were you ever a slave? Were "your" people ever slaves? I seriously cannot stand when people use the "get over it" excuse when it's never happened to them. Besides that, can you say open and honestly that Jews have gotten over the Holocaust? If you can, then you really need to get back into touch with reality.
    Stop blaming the whites when it was the Africans selling the blacks. Yes, my people were slaves on one side of my family. On the other side we were discriminated against and the US tried to keep us out in the early 1900s as we weren't Northwestern Europeans. You should do your research before you try to criticize me there les. About the Jews, you don't see them robbing or raping Germans like you do the blacks. I can say that, for the most part, they have moved on whereas the blacks have not.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:32 PM
    Stop blaming the whites when it was the Africans selling the blacks. Yes, my people were slaves on one side of my family. On the other side we were discriminated against and the US tried to keep us out in the early 1900s as we weren't Northwestern Europeans. You should do your research before you try to criticize me there les. About the Jews, you don't see them robbing or raping Germans like you do the blacks. I can say that, for the most part, they have moved on whereas the blacks have not.
    Yeah, there isn't much racist in you AT ALL. Yeah....
    A895 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:36 PM
    Yeah, there isn't much racist in you AT ALL. Yeah....
    You don't know me so you can't judge me at all. I am far from racist, there is nothing racist at all in what I wrote. If you think so you are clearly uneducated.
    10-18-2014 10:37 PM
    Friendly reminder folks.........
    [INFO]
    P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person youre talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if youre posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Dont get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members problem.

[/INFO]
    10-18-2014 10:44 PM
    You don't know me so you can't judge me at all. I am far from racist, there is nothing racist at all in what I wrote. If you think so you are clearly uneducated.
    You want blacks to just "get over" slavery and think the the Jews have gotten over the Holocaust and I'm the uneducated one? Lol, man. Just stop.
    A895 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:45 PM
    You want blacks to just "get over" slavery and think the the Jews have gotten over the Holocaust and I'm the uneducated one? Lol, man. Just stop.
    What I am saying is stop blaming Whites for what happened, is that too much to ask? After all it wasn't us selling our own people into slavery... When do you ever see Jews raping and killing Germans? You don't. And i am not your "man," you can address me as sir.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:47 PM
    You do blame the white man, and keep mentioning this mythical White Privilege. Like I have said before, whites aren't to blame for slavery. We're not the ones who sold our own people into slavery. Gangs, really? They are no different than terrorists. Whites have it much harder than any minorities these days. Our hard work is often overlooked because we're not a minority. If you say otherwise you're a liar. The Jews got over slavery and the Holocaust. I'm sick of blacks using that excuse.
    I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE. I have said that many times, I have told you the definition of white privilege many times. I am not blaming white people. Jesus. Did you read my whole post?

10-18-2014 11:05 PM
    I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE. I have said that many times, I have told you the definition of white privilege many times. I am not blaming white people. Jesus. Did you read my whole post?

Guess I have to post a link to a video of David Webb, stating the facts. There is no white privilege.
    10-19-2014 08:15 AM
    And i am not your "man," you can address me as sir.
    Well, last time I checked, you weren't my dad or my boss, thankfully, so that's not gonna happen....man.
    A895 likes this.
    10-19-2014 08:17 AM
    Well, last time I checked, you weren't my dad or my boss, thankfully, so that's not gonna happen....man.
    Why don't you show some respect.
    10-19-2014 08:19 AM

Yes you are.. You want me/others to feel guilty for something We had no part of.
    10-19-2014 08:29 AM
    Why don't you show some respect.
    That's hysterical. Keep em coming, dude.
    10-19-2014 08:47 AM
    That's hysterical. Keep em coming, dude.
    Someone has a different opinion and you have to act like a fool? Grow up.
    10-19-2014 08:49 AM
    Some has a different opinion and you have to act like a fool? Grow up.
    Sigh. There is no hope. Keep watching Fox News there, buddy. I'm sure you'll mature living in your glass bubble of nonsense.
    10-19-2014 08:51 AM
    "Worst President in modern times"Agreed, and I'll bet most of the people posting on this forum, voted for him.
    10-19-2014 08:53 AM
    Like I've said before, I'm not your "man."
    10-19-2014 08:53 AM
950 ... 1718192021 ...