What political party do you identify with?

What political party do you identify with?

• Republican

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Democrat

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Independent

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • None

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
As long as people abide by the rules for the political forum, it won't get out of hand. I made this so people could take part in the poll, and if i had the option i would have made it so no one could write anything-only be able to cast their vote.

sahib lopez

May 12, 2013
Visit site
while I don't have an iPhone :p but if win phone never existed I would have an iPhone. anyways I side on neither because ( hope don't get flamed) both sides have showed that they lead. the reason why I think that is that both sides have friction and disagreeing ideas so work wont get done and the ones who suffer is the population :/

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So...I should delete!?!

Was only a little Political humor.. *sigh*

I thought it was funny. Although deleting it doesn't make a difference if the guy who quoted you doesn't do the same. :)

I voted None by the way, as I can't really see a difference these days.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You should stop posting such opinionated posts! This is the reason most forums don't allow the discussion of politics or religion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You should stop posting such opinionated posts! This is the reason most forums don't allow the discussion of politics or religion.

Public opinion or political opinion is the aggregate of individual attitudes or beliefs .. We observe numerous examples in which disagreement and dissent are seemingly .... potential to produce higher levels of political engagement, tolerance, and compromise ... disagreement should never disappear.

The post was not a slander on anyone's religion. Nor intended to be.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Public opinion or political opinion is the aggregate of individual attitudes or beliefs .. We observe numerous examples in which disagreement and dissent are seemingly .... potential to produce higher levels of political engagement, tolerance, and compromise ... disagreement should never disappear.

Forums aren't the place for this kind of engagement. But, your posts have been inflammatory more than discussion starters.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Funny... I recall you agreeing to an earlier post. Now I'm inflammatory...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't you guys be PM'ing each other instead of making public posts that might get you banned by a mod? Just throwing in my 2?. :)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Slightly surprised by the results thus far.

I vote GOP in the US (and Conservative in Canada), but I expect Apple users to skew to the left...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
May I ask how your able to vote in the U.S. and Canada? That's very interesting..

I'm a dual citizen who resides in Canada. Americans have the right to vote in presidential and congressional elections from their last American address (or their parents' last American address, if they've never lived in the USA); Canadians have the right to vote when resident in Canada or when they reside abroad with the intent to resume residence in Canada (i.e., tax-eligible).

It happens a decent amount. It used to be that Americans lost their citizenship if they voted in a foreign election, but those laws were struck down as unconstitutional.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a dual citizen who resides in Canada. Americans have the right to vote in presidential and congressional elections from their last American address (or their parents' last American address, if they've never lived in the USA); Canadians have the right to vote when resident in Canada or when they reside abroad with the intent to resume residence in Canada (i.e., tax-eligible).

It happens a decent amount. It used to be that Americans lost their citizenship if they voted in a foreign election, but those laws were struck down as unconstitutional.

Yes.. Those laws were struck down by the Supreme Court. Shame really.. I'm against dual citizenship of any kind.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes.. Those laws were struck down by the Supreme Court. Shame really.. I'm against dual citizenship of any kind.

Well, the march of history is otherwise.

Lots of multinational couples. I'd have three citizenships if the third country allowed it, but they don't.

One child of a couple I know has five.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually I am with hydrogen on that one. I am currently living in another country and don't understand the concept of dual citizenship. My daughter has it because her mother is a native here, while I am still American. This country only allows one though, so she will have to decide when she is of age. If I were to nationalise here, I would have to give up my American citizenship, which I think is fair. Since I am not a native here, I have no plans to nationalise.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73