View Poll Results: What political party do you identify with?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

8 50.00%
  • Democrat

2 12.50%
  • Independent

2 12.50%
  • None

4 25.00%
    Friendly reminder folks.........
    [INFO]
    P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

[/INFO]
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    05-06-2014 03:10 PM
    You should stop posting such opinionated posts! This is the reason most forums don't allow the discussion of politics or religion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Public opinion or political opinion is the aggregate of individual attitudes or beliefs .. We observe numerous examples in which disagreement and dissent are seemingly .... potential to produce higher levels of political engagement, tolerance, and compromise ... disagreement should never disappear.

The post was not a slander on anyone's religion. Nor intended to be.
    05-06-2014 03:20 PM
    Public opinion or political opinion is the aggregate of individual attitudes or beliefs .. We observe numerous examples in which disagreement and dissent are seemingly .... potential to produce higher levels of political engagement, tolerance, and compromise ... disagreement should never disappear.
    Forums aren't the place for this kind of engagement. But, your posts have been inflammatory more than discussion starters.

05-06-2014 03:22 PM
    Funny... I recall you agreeing to an earlier post. Now I'm inflammatory...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Last edited by hydrogen3; 05-06-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    the_tech_boner likes this.
    05-06-2014 03:36 PM
    I'm confused...
    05-06-2014 03:36 PM
    Shouldn't you guys be PM'ing each other instead of making public posts that might get you banned by a mod? Just throwing in my 2.
    05-06-2014 03:38 PM
    Please just report as you did, no reason to reply as we will remove the post.

Thanks
    05-06-2014 03:47 PM
    Don't discuss it, just participate in the poll. Simple.

So what's the point of either? Makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-06-2014 06:23 PM
    Slightly surprised by the results thus far.

I vote GOP in the US (and Conservative in Canada), but I expect Apple users to skew to the left...
    05-06-2014 08:02 PM
    May I ask how your able to vote in the U.S. and Canada? That's very interesting..
    05-07-2014 06:44 AM
    May I ask how your able to vote in the U.S. and Canada? That's very interesting..
    I'm a dual citizen who resides in Canada. Americans have the right to vote in presidential and congressional elections from their last American address (or their parents' last American address, if they've never lived in the USA); Canadians have the right to vote when resident in Canada or when they reside abroad with the intent to resume residence in Canada (i.e., tax-eligible).

It happens a decent amount. It used to be that Americans lost their citizenship if they voted in a foreign election, but those laws were struck down as unconstitutional.
    05-08-2014 12:34 AM
    I'm a dual citizen who resides in Canada. Americans have the right to vote in presidential and congressional elections from their last American address (or their parents' last American address, if they've never lived in the USA); Canadians have the right to vote when resident in Canada or when they reside abroad with the intent to resume residence in Canada (i.e., tax-eligible).

It happens a decent amount. It used to be that Americans lost their citizenship if they voted in a foreign election, but those laws were struck down as unconstitutional.
    Yes.. Those laws were struck down by the Supreme Court. Shame really.. I'm against dual citizenship of any kind.
    05-08-2014 09:59 AM
    Yes.. Those laws were struck down by the Supreme Court. Shame really.. I'm against dual citizenship of any kind.
    Well, the march of history is otherwise.

Lots of multinational couples. I'd have three citizenships if the third country allowed it, but they don't.

One child of a couple I know has five.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk
    05-08-2014 11:04 AM
    Actually I am with hydrogen on that one. I am currently living in another country and don't understand the concept of dual citizenship. My daughter has it because her mother is a native here, while I am still American. This country only allows one though, so she will have to decide when she is of age. If I were to nationalise here, I would have to give up my American citizenship, which I think is fair. Since I am not a native here, I have no plans to nationalise.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-14-2014 10:15 AM
39 12