Could not add mine to defend my team's gym?

pennycat73

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
We just tried out the new PokeGym system by visiting one near us. It was my team and there was only one Pokemon there. We trained and won, but then there was no option to add a Pokemon to defend it. Am I missing something? Can you only add it before you train it up? Or do you have to reach a certain trainer level? Need answers, please! :(

We also noticed nothing happened when we tried to click on it again. We couldn't feed that one Pokemon that was already there or anything.

rhyan lumilay

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I also noticed that when I first attempted to add my Pokemon in my team controlled gym, but I noticed that the gym only allowed a certain number of defenders at a time so that it balanced the holding time of a team. All you can do with that is support your teams defenders by feeding them berries or wait for a Pokemon to be knocked out so that you can replace it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
We just tried out the new PokeGym system by visiting one near us. It was my team and there was only one Pokemon there. We trained and won, but then there was no option to add a Pokemon to defend it. Am I missing something? Can you only add it before you train it up? Or do you have to reach a certain trainer level? Need answers, please! :(

We also noticed nothing happened when we tried to click on it again. We couldn't feed that one Pokemon that was already there or anything.

Sounds like your game needed to be reset or you didn’t have a strong connection. The only requirement for gyms is being Level 5. Then it’s the top bottom right icon to add Pokémon to your team’s gym, up to 6 Pokémon in a gym, without doubles, and only one Pokémon per trainer per gym.

pennycat73

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like your game needed to be reset or you didn’t have a strong connection. The only requirement for gyms is being Level 5. Then it’s the top bottom right icon to add Pokémon to your team’s gym, up to 6 Pokémon in a gym, without doubles, and only one Pokémon per trainer per gym.

Actually, it turned out someone on an opposing team happened to be fighting the gym just after a raid battle ended and we couldn't feed my Pokemon because it was in the process of getting taken out.

B_Ross

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
The whole fighting gyms while I'm just about to put one of my pokemon in a gym is always so frustrating :straight-face: Id be seconds away and it begins to be attacked. Next thing you know, that turns me to the idea of just waiting there patiently for him or her to place their pokemon in the gym so that I can attack it once they've left :devil:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711