I know some people are getting Evolution Items hand over fist, but for me they've remained super rare.

I got a Sun Stone right at Gen 2 launch and a King's rock on my first 7-day streak. Then nothing. For 8 days and 1100 spins.

Finally, yesterday, I got a Metal Coat and then, 100 spins later, a second King's Rock.

Random is random, but soooooo random!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-01-2017 07:48 PM
    While it's certainly NOT the same, I get what you are saying. I play Clash Royale and it used to be it was super rare to get a Legendary card, but NOW they made it so easy that everyone has them and they have less value in my opinion. You even see decks now with all legendary cards! Now that is just crazy! As a rule I will not use more than 1 or 2 in a deck, it's just not fun for me! Anyways I needed to vent also!
    03-02-2017 08:55 AM
    I've only managed to get 2 Sun Stones so far.
    03-14-2017 07:00 PM
    I finally got a King's Rock, which is perfect because I have a Poliwhirl when high IV's ready to go when I get the candy.
    03-14-2017 07:30 PM
    Your now guaranteed to get an evolutionary item on your 7th day streak now.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-06-2017 05:22 PM
    @Lucy Davies i also I remember reading somewhere that every 7-day streak you should get an evolution item. Ive only just started playing so haven't gotten a 7-day streak just yet Still trying to catching anything that isn't a Ratatat or Pidgey lol I just want to evolve my Pikachu. I think Raichu loks awesome.
    04-15-2017 01:12 PM
    @Lucy Davies i also I remember reading somewhere that every 7-day streak you should get an evolution item. Ive only just started playing so haven't gotten a 7-day streak just yet Still trying to catching anything that isn't a Ratatat or Pidgey lol I just want to evolve my Pikachu. I think Raichu loks awesome.
    You will definitely get an evolutionary item on your 7 day streak. My 7 day streak was yesterday (Saturday) & I got a dragon scale. I do want a sun stone though as I've never got one keep getting kings rocks & dragon scales. Oh I've had 2 metal coats too. Have you put Pikachu as your buddy?
    04-15-2017 07:54 PM
    Have you put Pikachu as your buddy?
    The Short Answer: No

The Long Answer: I got a new phone about 1 month ago and it was finally powerful enough to play Pokemon Go so i downloaded the and started playing right away. Unfortunately since my old phone had a Micro SIM and my new phone needed a Nano SIM i needed to do a SIM swap. So when i started playing i had no sim card which means i couldn't walk away from my 3 starter Pokemon on Wi-fi since the range is small. So I'm currently looking for one
    04-16-2017 10:19 AM
    Let's hope it's not to long before you can walk with Pikachu. Also try finding a Pikachu nest around your area coz they will pop up loads.
    04-16-2017 11:45 AM
    All evolution items have their own personalized spawn rate so yes it is true that one may be found more easily than another but they've recently made it so location of the pokestops do have some interference with the spawn rate. Keep spinning and eventually you'll have more evolution items than you do candies to use to evolve the pokemon.
    07-31-2018 04:18 PM