Are you still playing Pokemon Go?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit, when Pokemon Go first came out, I was all over it. Played it daily for awhile, and it was quite hilarious (even disturbing at times) to go to the park around the corner from my place to see folks walking around, heads down, hunting Pokemon everywhere.

Since the initial rush, I've noticed a huge drop off, and on my side I haven't played in some time.

If you were all over the app and played a lot back when it launched, are you still into it? Do you still play daily? If yes, what keeps you coming back? If not, why did you stop playing?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had deactivated my account cause I hadn't been playing in a long time. However the other day I logged back in. I still don't really have the time to be going out and about all the time to really play, however I can still play on travel days at the airports (lots of PokéStop's at airports), and hopefully there'll be PokéStop's and such around wherever we eat for lunch and I'll be able to be more active.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I slowed down a bit myself. I had a full NA dex in December, but with the release of gen 2, I'm back to playing a lot more.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I suppose the colder winter weather is a factor (for me) at least. Go outside a lot in spring/summer/fall... not so much when it's -30 outside! :)

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I haven't played much when I couldn't pick up pokestops at certain speeds. My wife usually plays for me when I'm driving or if I'm a passenger, I'll play. But I started to play again when 2nd gen came out but still rarely play since I have been busy today.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I still play. Also, my God kids love it. One day they'll be old enough that they don't want to hang out with me anymore, so I'm going to enjoy every moment I can until then :)

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I stopped playing for a few reasons. The biggest was data. My home wifi sucks so I go through tons of data and add the Pokémon game. Found myself getting too close to my data limit for comfort

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I currently don't play anymore but i plan on starting again in March. I've got some family visiting and the younger cousins still play every second day or so. So I'm planning to join them for a couple weeks. There have a been a lot of updates since i last played so maybe it will be really exciting like it used to be :)

I still remember all the madness that took place when the App first launched. So many good youtube videos to watch lol.

bpthompson77

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I played a lot when it first came out. Got to level 27. Stopped during the winter months. Updated to gen 2 and going to be playing more now that gen 2 is out. Gotta catch em all!!

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'm still playing! I'm not 12 either and exercise is some of the stuff I have to do. PoGO helps me with that!

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I do! I'm 33 and know of a few work colleagues that do too.

The way I see it is it encourages me to walk on lunch breaks so that I actually leave my desk and don't just watch review videos on you tube each day!

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Know topic is old guess no one on imore plays anymore. I deleted mine today, over 150 Pokémon 25 levels. Realized with legendary event not being able get to places since I’m disabled there is no point. Once they disappear you can’t ever complete your Pokédex. So being disabled only able walk with one gym near me after year deleted it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I still play. I’m not really active in going out without friends to play it, but I do still play. I’m a little shy of level 30 and have a decent lineup forming including a max IV Golem.