Less Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, Eevee now 5 km eggs

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
A few more changes for Pok?mon Go!

Professor Willow has conducted research and made some major discoveries! Trainers may notice fewer Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat, and an increased variety of other Pok?mon. It was also discovered that Pidgey and Rattata no longer hatch from Eggs and Eevee now hatches from 5 km Eggs only.

Don't know about you all, but I've still got Pidgey and Rattata all over the place...

I do wonder what the removal and changes to eggs will do to hatch rates for other Pokes, though?

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
And Drowzees too. I see those a lot. I do like the reduce KM buddies. Look at Dratini. You need 125 candies to evolve it. You catch one which knocks it down to needed 122 candies. You need 610KM to fully evolve it if you can't find any in the wild. That's 380 miles for that.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And Drowzees too. I see those a lot. I do like the reduce KM buddies. Look at Dratini. You need 125 candies to evolve it. You catch one which knocks it down to needed 122 candies. You need 610KM to fully evolve it if you can't find any in the wild. That's 380 miles for that.

Magikarp, 1km, 400 candy, only catching one Magikarp and walking the rest is still 247 miles.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Magikarp, 1km, 400 candy, only catching one Magikarp and walking the rest is still 247 miles.

It's a lot. I have no motivation to do that much.
But during the Halloween special, I did a lot of walking because I see the candies total adding up much quicker. I spent more time playing in the last two week-ish of that special then I did the entire month before that.

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
It's a lot. I have no motivation to do that much.
But during the Halloween special, I did a lot of walking because I see the candies total adding up much quicker. I spent more time playing in the last two week-ish of that special then I did the entire month before that.
I hope they make another event just like the Halloween one, but for Christmas! I still need 50 more candies for a dragonite, and I resist to walk 5 km just for one candy D:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me

I've hatched one Dratini and caught 3. I walked 70 KM with one for the Halloween event and am still only at around 80 candies.

Endless!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I hope they make another event just like the Halloween one, but for Christmas! I still need 50 more candies for a dragonite, and I resist to walk 5 km just for one candy D:

I've been trying to think what they might do differently? Not sure candy will be the theme?

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't need it to be 4 times faster to gain candies with your buddies but twice as fast so 2.5KM instead of the 5KM would be ideal. Or maybe round up.

5KM changed to 3KM
3KM change to 2KM
Leave 1KM alone.

If they did that, I would have more motivation to walk around with my phone on with the app open then to just walk around and not even bother.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Uh, yes, less Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat, so after I caught my first Pok?mon today I was greeted by a couple Pok?mon.

Well hello there,

3f85024c031a2fdd192c9ca95c1a1902.png

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have found that I am finding and catching plenty of pidgey and rattata still but there is also a marked increase in high cp Eevee sightings for me. I captured 3 above 800 cp and evolved one that had great iv's to a Vaporeon with water gun. I'm saving 2 more, a 880cp and an 879cp for the second gen game for the 2 new evolves unless I find more over 900 and am able to capture them.
On egg hatching, I am finding more varied mon in the 5km eggs. Some electric type and even fighting type are hatching for me that I didn't used to get from my routine pokestops. One was an 89iv Machop. I had not seen a Machop in my part of the world till the Halloween event.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods