Buddy System believed to be coming to Pok?mon Go in next update

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
The rumor mill is busy with talk of a Pok?mon Buddy System coming in a near-future app update.

In fact, if you Google the words "Pokemon Buddy System has been data mined" your first hit should land you in an article that gives plenty of details about it. I'm abstaining from posting a direct link due to unfamiliarity with the rules for posting direct links to sites outside of the Mobile Nations "network," and I already got a slap on the wrist once before (and "infraction" they called it) and I don't care for another one.

Update: I have been asked to provide a link to the article, so here it is: http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-buddy-system-data-mined/

Here is an excerpt from that article:

A.png
  • Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
  • Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
  • You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limit for obtained candy
  • You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
  • There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
    • Medium size
    • Big size
    • Flying next to you
    • Rests on your shoulder
B.png

So, are you looking forward to this Buddy System? Do you think it will be well received?

Last edited:

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to sound too stupid here, but ? oh well!
I do not understand what the buddy system looks like or how it will work. I am new to all Pok?mon games except of course for Pok?mon GO.
Can anybody post a brief explanation? Of exactly how it will work?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to sound too stupid here, but – oh well!
I do not understand what the buddy system looks like or how it will work. I am new to all Pok?mon games except of course for Pok?mon GO.
Can anybody post a brief explanation? Of exactly how it will work?

Niantic has made an announcement today about the feature, confirming that it will in fact be implemented.

You will find screenshots of the buddy system in action at that site.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When do we think that we will see this buddy system update? Their last iOS update was Aug 23, a Tuesday

Last edited:

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
When do we think that we will see this buddy system update? Their last iOS update was Aug 23, a Tuesday

I’m only guessing here, but I think we will see the update before the next week (seven days) are up!

Niantic has been excellent about issuing [plenty of] updates so far.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW