Changing name to evolve a different type of pokemon

brentwpb

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
My doctor told me about changing the name of an eevee tp sparky. When i evolved him it turned into an electric type.

My question is what other names/pokemon's do i change so i can get different types?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
My doctor told me about changing the name of an eevee tp sparky. When i evolved him it turned into an electric type.

My question is what other names/pokemon's do i change so i can get different types?
Your… doctor? :rotfl:

Anyways, check out this very helpful post by fellow iMore member @taeisme:

http://forums.imore.com/pokemon-go/367461-share-your-pokemon-go-tips-tricks.html#post2783246

She helped me out when I had the same question.

As far as I know, the Eevee is the only Pok?mon that has the potential to evolve into more than one “species” (not sure if that’s the right term) of Pok?mon.

Hope this helps.

Mercifull

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of circumstances when this doesn't work. I tried evolving a "Sparky" last week and he turned into a Vaporeon...

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of circumstances when this doesn't work. I tried evolving a "Sparky" last week and he turned into a Vaporeon...
You can only use the name change to evolve one time for each of the three things that you could possibly get.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You can only use the name change to evolve one time for each of the three things that you could possibly get.

That's not actually true. The reason it didn't work is because when you change the name of a Pokemon, it takes some time for the app to properly register it. So this trick will work if you wait a while before doing the evolve

Darryl Hill

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I initially got all three with the rename trick, having evolved them immediately after the name change. Recently tried and didn't seem to work. So, perhaps there was a server-side nerf to this 'hack'?

brentwpb

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Here is why I have read. I have only tried sparky so far

Pyro=Flareon
Rainer=Vaporeon
Sparky=Jolteon

If anybody has any other names to try if this doesnt work please let me/us know

Dark_Silver

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Vaporeon= Rainer
Jolteon= Sparky
Flareon= Pyro
It only works once (I think) but it could still possibly work. If you get Jolteon from calling it Rainer, try calling your Eevee Sparky, and you might get a Vaporeon!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is why I have read. I have only tried sparky so far

Pyro=Flareon
Rainer=Vaporeon
Sparky=Jolteon

If anybody has any other names to try if this doesnt work please let me/us know

Vaporeon= Rainer
Jolteon= Sparky
Flareon= Pyro
It only works once (I think) but it could still possibly work. If you get Jolteon from calling it Rainer, try calling your Eevee Sparky, and you might get a Vaporeon!

This definitely works. Have all 3, and my son is working on his "set".

James Barrios

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It does work for me three times. After that, it automatically turns into Vaporeon. :3

Pyro - Flareon
Sparky - Jolteon
Rainer - Vaporeon
:biggrin: :biggrin:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Worked for me the first time to get all three. After that, none have worked for me. The other day, I set off a lucky egg to level up and evolved like 5 eevees. Every single one evolved into a Jolteon no matter what they were named. Oh well.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I have used up my renaming, I now just evolve when I capture an Eevee with high cp and perfect stats. I have gotten all three in about the same ratio..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner