Ask me about Pok?mon Go!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you kindly for your prompt reply.

I figured that?s how the dots work?now if only Niantic would get them to actually show up, we?d be in business.

I?ll report back after I try it tomorrow. Hopefully I?ll have better results.

I see the streak counter for Pok?mon.

d5f2f90f4b6366e4e006e0997ca735e6.png

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Mr. metllicamilitia,

Thanks again for your many contributions to the Pok?mon GO forum here on iMore.

I have yet another question that you may be able to offer some help with.

I Googled around for help but came up empty-handed.

Does the position of the Gym Defender icon on a Pok?mon?s arc mean anything?

I know the meaning of the position of the white dot within a Pok?mon?s arc, but what about the position of the Pok?mon?s Gym Defender icon within that same arc? Does that mean anything at all? Or is it just placed there arbitrarily and never moves?

Off the top of my head, I can?t recall seeing it anywhere else within the arc.

Here?s a photo which may do a better job of explaining what I mean than my words did:

gymdefendericonpositionwithinthearc.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mr. metllicamilitia,

Thanks again for your many contributions to the Pok?mon GO forum here on iMore.

I have yet another question that you may be able to offer some help with.

I Googled around for help but came up empty-handed.

Does the position of the Gym Defender icon on a Pok?mon?s arc mean anything?

I know the meaning of the position of the white dot within a Pok?mon?s arc, but what about the position of the Pok?mon?s Gym Defender icon within that same arc? Does that mean anything at all? Or is it just placed there arbitrarily and never moves?

Off the top of my head, I can?t recall seeing it anywhere else within the arc.

Here?s a photo which may do a better job of explaining what I mean than my words did:

View attachment 114016

I wish I could give a definitive answer, however I always assumed it the Pok?mon's position in the defense hierarchy. You may be able to confirm my theory by seeing how many defenders are in the gym, what position that particular Pok?mon has, and where the defender icon is in relation to its position.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured instead of flooding the Pok?mon Go page and Q&A page with Pok?mon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

How important are iv's? On to my problem...
I have 2 Dratini's. One with almost perfect iv of 98 and a cp of 559. The other with iv 93 and cp747
I ran the numbers and to evolve to max potential as a Dragonite, the first with cp559 will cost 116,000 dust and 231 candies and the one with higher cp747 is about half of the cost with 62,000 stardust and 189 candies per Poke Genie which is a really easy to use iv calculator for ios.
It seems crazy to go with the higher iv because of the cost.
I have the stardust but would need to collect candy for quite a while because of how scarce Dratini's are in my part of the planet. They are few and far in between with no nests that I have ever found.
Which should I evolve? (and why?)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
How important are iv's? On to my problem...
I have 2 Dratini's. One with almost perfect iv of 98 and a cp of 559. The other with iv 93 and cp747
I ran the numbers and to evolve to max potential as a Dragonite, the first with cp559 will cost 116,000 dust and 231 candies and the one with higher cp747 is about half of the cost with 62,000 stardust and 189 candies per Poke Genie which is a really easy to use iv calculator for ios.
It seems crazy to go with the higher iv because of the cost.
I have the stardust but would need to collect candy for quite a while because of how scarce Dratini's are in my part of the planet. They are few and far in between with no nests that I have ever found.
Which should I evolve? (and why?)

I'm not really sure how important IV's are in Pok?mon Go. In the cartridge games, they really mean nothing, unless you want to competitive battling. At that point IV's are extremely important. Now given what Pok?mon Go is and that's it's more for casual players, I'm not sure if IV's make a big difference or not.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really sure how important IV's are in Pok?mon Go. In the cartridge games, they really mean nothing, unless you want to competitive battling. At that point IV's are extremely important. Now given what Pok?mon Go is and that's it's more for casual players, I'm not sure if IV's make a big difference or not.

In that case, i'll go with the higher cp and candy/stardust cost will be more doable. Thanks!

Nsama

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I heard Pokemon was hacked a month or so back. Was this problem solved or is it still an issue? I was about to play the game when the hack took place.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I heard Pokemon was hacked a month or so back. Was this problem solved or is it still an issue? I was about to play the game when the hack took place.

Never heard anything like that. And I keep up on Pok?mon GO news fairly decently. Can you provide a link to the source where you heard this?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any idea when it will be possible to evolve an Evee into an Umbreon, Glaceon etc.?

I do not, Niantic hasn't said when they're putting in Gen 2 Pokémon. Recent rumors seem to indicate it may happen sooner rather than later. Gen 2 moves have been found in the code already. I don't know how they'll implement the Umbreon and Espeon evolutions, I would be surprised if they keep it Night/Day like the cartridge games. Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon won't be around for some time though. Leafeon and Glaceon are Gen 4 Pokémon while Sylveon is Gen 6, and their evolutions are a little more complicated in the cartridge games.