Ask me about Pok?mon Go!

James Barrios

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Where to find lapras in San Francisco, CA? Or can I hatch it from an egg in what KM? I tried 10km. But I always got Pidgey, Ratatas, Ekans, Magikarp, and a Pinsir with a low CP. Hope you'd answer.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Where to find lapras in San Francisco, CA? Or can I hatch it from an egg in what KM? I tried 10km. But I always got Pidgey, Ratatas, Ekans, Magikarp, and a Pinsir with a low CP. Hope you'd answer.

Lapras can be found near water, like beaches, you can try Beach Chalet and Ocean Beach. And yes, Lapras can be hatched from 10km eggs.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured instead of flooding the Pok?mon Go page and Q&A page with Pok?mon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

I can't remember the source, but it was said somewhere that it takes a minute to update the distance within the app for hatching eggs. Then I heard 4 minutes. Do you know how long the app takes? I am loosing distance by walking a mile long path, then turning to go back. So I guess my question is, how long should I wait at the end of the path before I start back? Like I mentioned, I've heard one minute, 4 min and 10 min. I would hate o have to wait 10 minutes, but I guess I could transfer duplicates for candy while I wait.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember the source, but it was said somewhere that it takes a minute to update the distance within the app for hatching eggs. Then I heard 4 minutes. Do you know how long the app takes? I am loosing distance by walking a mile long path, then turning to go back. So I guess my question is, how long should I wait at the end of the path before I start back? Like I mentioned, I've heard one minute, 4 min and 10 min. I would hate o have to wait 10 minutes, but I guess I could transfer duplicates for candy while I wait.

I actually don't know either, I've heard numerous reports of what it is, I saw it update roughly every five minutes. My best guess would be five minutes.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Metllicamilitia,

I have noticed that when going over a body of water, the yellow outline of the road flashes erratically (the part that flashes is indicated by the arrows in the screenshot below). It looks like a bug, but it has been doing that for the longest time, so maybe it's a feature. Are you familiar with this phenomenon, and would you know the cause?

IMG_1475464279.003826.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Metllicamilitia,

I have noticed that when going over a body of water, the yellow outline of the road flashes erratically (the part that flashes is indicated by the arrows in the screenshot below). It looks like a bug, but it has been doing that for the longest time, so maybe it's a feature. Are you familiar with this phenomenon, and would you know the cause?

View attachment 112598

Yeah I see that too, I would call it a bug though I don't think it's high on the priority list as it doesn't affect game play.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured instead of flooding the Pok?mon Go page and Q&A page with Pok?mon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

I can't quite figure this one out.
Why is it that when your Team Leader gives an eval (Instinct) stating that your Pokemon can really battle with the best of them, meaning he has an iv of 80 to 100, that (sometimes) his moves are very poor and weak? Then a different eval can say the Pokemon is really strong (60 to 80) but HIS moves are fantastic and way, way stronger than your perfect 'mon.
I am very confused by this.
Some of my weaker guy do much better in battle at a gym than my perfect guy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't quite figure this one out.
Why is it that when your Team Leader gives an eval (Instinct) stating that your Pokemon can really battle with the best of them, meaning he has an iv of 80 to 100, that (sometimes) his moves are very poor and weak? Then a different eval can say the Pokemon is really strong (60 to 80) but HIS moves are fantastic and way, way stronger than your perfect 'mon.
I am very confused by this.
Some of my weaker guy do much better in battle at a gym than my perfect guy.

Battling with the best of them are the highest IV's. The actual attack power can vary based off the attacks the Pok?mon has. However what you're looking for realistically is for him to say he can battle with the best of them, then hear him call out stats. If he doesn't call out the stat then it's not nearly maxed out for that range. So a Pok?mon that can battle with the best of them and attack isn't called out could in theory be weaker than a Pok?mon being really strong with attack being called out as a top stat.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I see that too, I would call it a bug though I don't think it's high on the priority list as it doesn't affect game play.

I had this crazy thought that it was a feature designed to help you be aware that you’re surrounded by water and the flashing edges were meant to keep you from falling into the water… LOL!!

Just Niantic covering their ΑΣΣ...

Last edited:

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi metllicamilitia! I have never used the Pidgey Spam Calculator before (https://pokeassistant.com/main/pidgeyspam), but I plan to do so before my next mass evolution. My question is, when I input the number of Pidgeys that I have, should I count the Pidgeottos as Pidgeys? Or should those be calculated separately?

Secondly, should I be Transferring the evolutions as I evolve? It appears that doing so grants more XP.

Thank you so much for your continuing assistance. We are very lucky to have you around to help us!!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi metllicamilitia! I have never used the Pidgey Spam Calculator before (https://pokeassistant.com/main/pidgeyspam), but I plan to do so before my next mass evolution. My question is, when I input the number of Pidgeys that I have, should I count the Pidgeottos as Pidgeys? Or should those be calculated separately?

Secondly, should I be Transferring the evolutions as I evolve? It appears that doing so grants more XP.

Thank you so much for your continuing assistance. We are very lucky to have you around to help us!!

Never seen that calculator before, however the answers are easy. No, don't count pidgeotto as pidgey, not for that calculator. Transferring does not grant any XP, only the one candy for that Pok?mon.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how to ask...
Say I have 2 exeggcute with the appx the same cp. they both have Confusion15 and Psychic 55 as their shown attacks. But the appraisals are very different. One says 'can battle with the best of them' and the other says 'is pretty decent'
doesnt the power of the attacks figure in with their appraisal? How can they be so different?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how to ask...
Say I have 2 exeggcute with the appx the same cp. they both have Confusion15 and Psychic 55 as their shown attacks. But the appraisals are very different. One says 'can battle with the best of them' and the other says 'is pretty decent'
doesnt the power of the attacks figure in with their appraisal? How can they be so different?

The attack power doesn't factor into appraisals, appraisals tell you the value of stats that you can't see. The attack power comes into play only in battle, if you have two Pok?mon who's only difference is IV's (the appraisal values), then the Pok?mon with the higher IV's would hit harder than than the one with lower IV's.

Now, two Pok?mon with stacking IV tiers, as in "is quite strong" to "can battle with the best of them," and differing attacks, the lower IV tier Pok?mon could potentially hit harder than the higher IV tier Pok?mon, if the lower IV tier Pok?mon has stronger attacks and maxed IV's for that tier, and the higher IV tier Pok?mon has weaker attacks and minimum IV's for that tier.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The attack power doesn't factor into appraisals, appraisals tell you the value of stats that you can't see. The attack power comes into play only in battle, if you have two Pok?mon who's only difference is IV's (the appraisal values), then the Pok?mon with the higher IV's would hit harder than than the one with lower IV's.

Now, two Pok?mon with stacking IV tiers, as in "is quite strong" to "can battle with the best of them," and differing attacks, the lower IV tier Pok?mon could potentially hit harder than the higher IV tier Pok?mon, if the lower IV tier Pok?mon has stronger attacks and maxed IV's for that tier, and the higher IV tier Pok?mon has weaker attacks and minimum IV's for that tier.
I might be starting to understand a little about this. So if the attack power is lower that is not necessarily a bad thing. Actually that means that the Pok?mon Can attack more frequently in battle. Right?
I have always kept and powered up the Pok?mon with higher attack numbers. They all take a long time to facilitate the attack, and that causes them to get hit without a chance to dodge.
There is much more to this game than meets the eye.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I might be starting to understand a little about this. So if the attack power is lower that is not necessarily a bad thing. Actually that means that the Pok?mon Can attack more frequently in battle. Right?
I have always kept and powered up the Pok?mon with higher attack numbers. They all take a long time to facilitate the attack, and that causes them to get hit without a chance to dodge.
There is much more to this game than meets the eye.

Yes, give or take, the lower attack power of the charge will allow you to use it more frequently. This is why Vaporeon is popular, higher attack power on a charge move, plus a really quick charge time on the attack. It used to be more unbalanced when water gun had 40 attack power.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Pok?mon GO?s official Twitter account recently Tweeted, ?Trainers, did you know that Pok?mon can now be discovered by viewing Gyms? New Pok?mon are logged in your Pok?dex!?

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/784557675598245890

I?m not exactly understanding this. What it sounds like it?s saying is that simply by swiping through the list of Defenders at a particular gym, if I view a Pok?mon that I don?t currently have, he gets added to my Pok?dex. But that seems too good to be true.

How do you interpret that Tweet, @metllicamilitia?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2