Am I allowed to postpone the hatching of this egg until such time as I have a Lucky Egg active?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Oftentimes, I see an egg with the word “Oh?” above it just like in the screenshot below.

My question is, wouldn’t I get more XP if I postponed the hatching of this egg until such time as I have a Lucky Egg active?

Apparently, I’m not allowed to postpone the hatching of this egg and others like it—they presenst themselves and proceed to hatch without giving me the option to wait.

Am I missing something here?

IMG_2032.PNG

And while I’m on the subject of eggs, I have an “Egg Incubator ∞”. I would assume that this particular incubator can incubate eggs ALWAYS (one at a time, of course). This does not seem to be the case. Sometimes I tap on it and nothing happens.

I just tried it now, and it DID work. Are there certain circumstances when it DOESN’T work? Will it work if there’s already another incubator in use?

I apologize in advance for bombarding you guys with some many questions.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You can use multiple incubators at the same time, however only one egg may be in an incubator at a time. Unfortunately there is no way to postpone egg hatching. Not even in the cartridge games.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend just lining up all the eggs with similar km counts in incubators and then when they are approaching time to hatch then use your lucky eggs. Also, if possible within range of pokestops so you can ensure the double exp gain is maximized.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting some rare and high CP guys out of the 10 mile eggs. One also gets A LOT of Stardust when hatching the eggs, so I'm buying several incubators to get the stardust! (I created a post earlier about stardust, so apologies for being repetitive.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting some rare and high CP guys out of the 10 mile eggs. One also gets A LOT of Stardust when hatching the eggs, so I'm buying several incubators to get the stardust! (I created a post earlier about stardust, so apologies for being repetitive.

Probably a good idea, may have to do that. You can max out at 9 eggs quickly so incubate/hatch them!