Incense+Lure Module+Lucky Egg Simultaneous Deployment?any advice?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have it on what I believe to be good authority that Incense and Lure Modules do in fact have an additive effect (i.e., they stack). I tried to find a post here within iMore stating as much but was unable to. This is discussed on a thread over at Stack Exchange. I can provide the link via private conversation, or if it?s okay to post a public link to it (being that it is not a Mobile Nations site), then could a moderator please inform me so that I can add the link to this post.

I also have a Lucky Egg, so I plan on going to my nearby Pok? Stop and deploying all three simultaneously (oh, the excitement!)?the Lucky Egg, the Incense, and the Lure Module?preferably at a time when the sun isn?t beating down on Miami in full force.

I currently have 92 Pok? Balls but I plan to buy 100 more before I do this.

Is there any last-minute advice or tips anyone can think of giving me before I go through with this? Anything -else- I should do to get ready for this Big Event? :)

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Lucky Egg is best to use before hatching multiple eggs and before hatching numerous Pok?mon. For me, I would just need about a hundred Pidgey and hundred Rattata, use my lucky egg and get 1000xp per evolution instead of 500xp, plus hatching eggs, if it's a Pok?mon I didn't have that takes the 1000xp for a new a Pok?mon and makes 2000xp. Pokestops then give 100xp per pick up. Essentially, the best strategy for Lucky Eggs is having a large number of Pok?mon to evolve and/or hatch.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to add in the first post, lures are best used where there are numerous pokestops nearby and numerous people using lures simultaneously.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add in the first post, lures are best used where there are numerous pokestops nearby and numerous people using lures simultaneously.
It’ll probably be just me playing solo—but you’ve raised an interesting point. If I deploy a Lure Module at Pok? Stop A, and Pok? Stops B and C are nearby, will the Lure lure Pok?mon to all three Pok? Stops or just the one I was closest to at the moment when I deployed the Lure?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It?ll probably be just me playing solo?but you?ve raised an interesting point. If I deploy a Lure Module at Pok? Stop A, and Pok? Stops B and C are nearby, will the Lure lure Pok?mon to all three Pok? Stops and not just the one I was closest to at the moment when I deployed the Lure?

Yes, if you are in the vicinity of all three or close enough to walk a few feet to get to them you will get the benefit all three, or more. I've been doing some work out in SAN Francisco and I've seen places that have 20 or 30 lures running simultaneously and in the same area. Niantic even says that's the best way to get rare Pok?mon. As far as incense goes, I've used an incense is a decently popular area with about 6 lures running and haven't seen an increase in the number of Pok?mon that show up. Still the normal one Pok?mon every five minutes from the incense.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm at a Pok? Stop. Trying to deploy the lure. But it's telling me "This item can't be used here."

What's wrong?! Do Lure Modules only work at certain types of Pok? Stops?!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
No they work at all Pok?Stops, you need to click on the Pok?Stop itself and there's an oval over the spin ring, you click on that then select your lure.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow, they should really some of this procedures a bit more intuitive. I went in my inventory list, tapped on my Lure Module and it said “That item cannot be used here.” WHILE I was at the Pok?stop!

Again, thank you so much. I’ve lost track of how many times you’ve helped me here. Hope I can repay the favors sometime. Going back out to the street right now to try it exactly the way you explained it to me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Lucky Egg is best to use before hatching multiple eggs and before hatching numerous Pok?mon. For me, I would just need about a hundred Pidgey and hundred Rattata, use my lucky egg and get 1000xp per evolution instead of 500xp, plus hatching eggs, if it's a Pok?mon I didn't have that takes the 1000xp for a new a Pok?mon and makes 2000xp. Pokestops then give 100xp per pick up. Essentially, the best strategy for Lucky Eggs is having a large number of Pok?mon to evolve and/or hatch.

I've been stockpiling Pidgey, Rattata, and Caterpie to use my lucky egg. Pidgey and Caterpie only need 12 candy to evolve, while Rattata need only 25. The rest all need 50 or more, and the Pidgey and Rattata are very plentiful around here. Caterpie not as much but definitely some out there.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've got around 40,000xp sitting my Pok?mon box right now. I can still catch more before maxing out candy, so I will. Should easily be 50,000xp or more. And three eggs I'll be hatching too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods