Dowloaded the US app. Want to change for the Canada app. version now. Can I?

MoonParadise

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Since the Pokemon go app wasn't available in Canada before last week only, I donwloaded the USA version of it. Now that it's available here in Cananda, is there a way to keep my all my earnings in my us pokemon go account and redownload the Canadian pokemon go version without loosing everything. I am allready Level 10, don't wish to start over. Reason for this change is that I am unable to make purshases on the us appstore account, with either my credit card or my banking accont.

Thanks for your time answering this.
PS) Sorry for the grammar mistakes, English is not my primary language. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Dowloaded the US app. Whant to change for the Canada app. version now. Can I?

Your progress in the game SHOULD be controlled by Game Center so you should be ok either way. Are you SURE you even need a new version? When I got the Canadian version of Clash Royale I did not have to upgrade to any kind of US version, gem purchases just started working for me. :) Or are you on a different game center for Pokemon Go? THAT could be a problem.

MoonParadise

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dowloaded the US app. Whant to change for the Canada app. version now. Can I?

ok, so I'll make sure that my game is controlled by Game Center and then, if I am.....I presume I'll have to first close my us account and after open re-subscribe with the my new canadian account. Is that right?

The reason I need to do this is that the us pokemon go account related to my "us apple ID" account, doesn't let me do any purchases. With my credit card or my banking account, both were declined because of a "country" related issued with the apple id account.

Thanks for youre help.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

When you sign on to the game does it welcome you with your US game center name? When you go to settings, scroll down to Game Center, then see what Apple ID is listed there. IF your correct US one is then you should be fine. WORST case delete the app, then download it again while connected to the US store. You DO know how to change stores right?

MoonParadise

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

Yep, I think I can manage that. If I'm not mistaking, I just need to change the Apple ID for my US Apple ID to go to the US store. Right?

I'm going to check my game center settings and see if that is the problem. If nothing still works after all the points you told me, I'll come back and let you know.

Thanks very much for your time.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Yep, I think I can manage that. If I'm not mistaking, I just need to change the Apple ID for my US Apple ID to go to the US store. Right?

I'm going to check my game center settings and see if that is the problem. If nothing still works after all the points you told me, I'll come back and let you know.

Thanks very much for your time.

I meant to say make sure it currently says your Canadian Game Center ID, while connected to the game. Ok, so then, delete the game, but don't worry your progress is saved in game center, then download via the Canadian store, with the store open scroll all the way down and click on Apple ID then Sign Out, THEN sign on with your Canadian ID

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2