Home iMore Q&A > Pokemon Go

Can I play Pokemon Go while biking or driving?

Asked: Jul 19 2016 | 9:33 am EDT 1893 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

When going to the gyms, is it necessary to get out of my car to train my Pokemon? I don't drive and play but I don't want to have to get out of my car constantly. Also, can I bike instead of walk mature my Pokemon?

Best Answer

Jul 19 2016 | 9:40 am EDT John Yester

Biking.. Not advisable

Driving. Definitely no unless your the passenger. And you don't have to get out, as long as you are close enough to the stop or gym.

More Answers

Jul 20 2016 | 8:33 am EDT tony bag o donuts

The game suggests speeds of no more than 5 miles per hour, which is a good walking pace. As John said, Driving and Biking are really not advisable as they distract you from riding.
I suggest biking to an area, then walking around. Best of both worlds.
Jul 20 2016 | 6:34 pm EDT clickitykeys

For me, riding a bicycle is much more fun than playing Pokemon on a glass slab. So, I'm going to say No.
Jul 20 2016 | 9:24 pm EDT Honey Beagle

I thought there was not such a thing ad dumb questions. There is one here. Should NEVER be distracted while driving at anytime. Common sense.
Jul 21 2016 | 3:46 am EDT anony_mouse

This is a sad reflection of the mentality of the kind of people who drive cars. It's really time there was a serious crack down on car drivers.
Jul 21 2016 | 4:44 am EDT robertk328

When going to the gyms, is it necessary to get out of my car to train my Pokemon? I don't drive and play but I don't want to have to get out of my car constantly. Also, can I bike instead of walk mature my Pokemon?
as long as you stop/park while you do it, sure. There's a gym near work I could pull up and park if I wanted to. While driving, no way. Takes too long and you need to pay attention to the phone vs the road which is bad news.