Home iMore Q&A > Pokemon Go

Registering captured Pokemon, how do I do it?

Asked: Jul 13 2016 | 5:08 pm EDT 1948 Views 6 Answers View Best Answer

Once I have captured a Pokemon, what do I do next? How do I register it or go back to the map?

Best Answer

Jul 13 2016 | 7:14 pm EDT metllicamilitia

Sounds like your game froze if you're still on the screen with the pokeball. You'll have to force close the app and reopen it. If it registered the Pokmon as caught it will be registered in the pokedex and be in your Pokmon. If it didn't register as caught, it will not be there.

More Answers

Jul 14 2016 | 1:10 pm EDT Sherry_B

Sounds like your game froze if you're still on the screen with the pokeball. You'll have to force close the app and reopen it. If it registered the Pokmon as caught it will be registered in the pokedex and be in your Pokmon. If it didn't register as caught, it will not be there.

That happened to me already. I caught that sucker, he was mine and the game froze. It didn't get registered.
Jul 14 2016 | 2:10 pm EDT eyecrispy

That happened to me already. I caught that sucker, he was mine and the game froze. It didn't get registered.
This seems to happen to me daily. Their servers are still pretty pegged.
Jul 14 2016 | 2:23 pm EDT Sherry_B

This seems to happen to me daily. Their servers are still pretty pegged.
I don't think they were expecting the game to be this popular hehe.
Jul 14 2016 | 6:11 pm EDT robertk328

Happens to me at least once a day so far. :-\
Jul 14 2016 | 9:24 pm EDT gigglingFreek

Happens to me at least once a day so far. :-\
If you turn on airplane mode then go back to app make sure said no iterate cone toon then close out the app re open the Pokemon go app check your journal and the Pokemon you caught should be there! Since learning this it has worked for me like 7 times so far!! Good luck!