Is there anything to prevent battery drain in Pokemon Go?

I

iMore Question

My battery is draining terribly when playing Pokemon Go, is there anything I can do to improve the battery drain when playing it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, but hopefully members who currently play Pok?mon Go and aren't experiencing excessive battery drain will reply soon.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Not at this time, no. Your best option is to carry a battery pack (ie; Jackery) with you or invest in a phone case with a battery backup in it (ie; Mophie Juice Pack).

megjobson

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Pok?mon Go uses a lot of battery which causes it to drain in a short period of time. Here are the hacks I've been using.

1. Reduce brightness
2. Turn on the game's battery saving mode and your phone's battery saving mode
3. Close all background apps
4. I've heard people turning their phone upside down reduces the battery usage, not sure if it's true but it doesn't hurt to try
5. (optional) Buy a good power bank, I found some good power banks at https://www.top9rated.com/best-pokemon-go-battery-packs/ and you might also find it helpful.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pok?mon Go uses a lot of battery which causes it to drain in a short period of time. Here are the hacks I've been using.

1. Reduce brightness
2. Turn on the game's battery saving mode and your phone's battery saving mode
3. Close all background apps
4. I've heard people turning their phone upside down reduces the battery usage, not sure if it's true but it doesn't hurt to try
5. (optional) Buy a good power bank, I found some good power banks at https://www.top9rated.com/best-pokemon-go-battery-packs/ and you might also find it helpful.

They removed the battery saving mode in the latest update unfortunately. Turning the phone upside down would turn off the screen to save battery.

An external battery pack or battery case is your best bet.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
My battery is draining terribly when playing Pokemon Go, is there anything I can do to improve the battery drain when playing it?

Apparently putting your phone down and not playing, dramatically improves battery life ^_^ lol

i also heard, that if you download the Maps before hand, via Wi-Fi then your phone is doing less downloading while playing. This helps. Maybe also try lower your screen brightness? Hope this helps.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
How do you do that?

i apologise, i forgot this method was for Android users. I'm not sure if IOS can do it. Sorry..

1) Open the Google Maps app on their phone
2) Go into settings
3) Click the option for offline maps
4) Hit the plus sign and add their location.

Even with the maps being offline, players will still have full access to the game through their data. Players should also notice a decrease in the amount of data needed to run the game.

Niantic Labs is aware of the battery conservation issue and said it is looking into ways to fix the problem. That should be rolling out shortly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner