I just got back from Texas this weekend. I made a shareable album yesterday. This morning I found some pictures in an album that I had over a year ago. Some reason it won’t let me delete the pictures in the album that doesn’t belong. I don’t know how they got in there.
    08-04-2020 11:14 AM
    I just got back from Texas this weekend. I made a shareable album yesterday. This morning I found some pictures in an album that I had over a year ago. Some reason it won’t let me delete the pictures in the album that doesn’t belong. I don’t know how they got in there.
    Somebody else must have shared that album. See if you can.
    See it you can unsubscribe from that album.
    08-04-2020 11:24 AM
    Somebody else must have shared that album. See if you can.
    See it you can unsubscribe from that album.
    My cousin made that album last year. If I unsubscribe it won’t be available anymore will it? How did the pictures from the album I made appear randomly in the other Album (they have never been there before)

I just checked and I can unsubscribe but it says mountains 2019 Will be removed from all of your devices. So does that mean I can’t get them back?
    Last edited by Chris Cook5; 08-04-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    08-04-2020 11:40 AM
    My cousin made that album last year. If I unsubscribe it won’t be available anymore will it? How did the pictures from the album I made appear randomly in the other Album (they have never been there before)

I just checked and I can unsubscribe but it says mountains 2019 Will be removed from all of your devices. So does that mean I can’t get them back?
    Maybe first email those photos to yourself or make a backup with other means before you remove that album.
    If memory serves me right, removing a shared album should not remove the initial photos from your iCloud Photo Library itself. But just from the shared tab.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-04-2020 12:34 PM
    The weird thing is I can “select all” and put a checkmark next to the ones I want to delete out of the album but when I hit delete for some reason it won’t delete them like you think it would. also, they never appeared in the album until I made the new one. it’s not that big a deal but I would like to get to the bottom of this and see what the problem is. lol
    08-04-2020 08:29 PM
    The weird thing is I can “select all” and put a checkmark next to the ones I want to delete out of the album but when I hit delete for some reason it won’t delete them like you think it would. also, they never appeared in the album until I made the new one. it’s not that big a deal but I would like to get to the bottom of this and see what the problem is. lol
    Shared photos can only be deleted by the person who shared them. You can delete those you shared. You can ask the person who shared them to delete them. If they don't want to, then just ignore them.
    08-04-2020 09:44 PM
    The funny thing is, some of the pics are in the album my cousin created last year. All of the pics I put in the album I created are there.
    08-04-2020 11:28 PM
    The funny thing is, some of the pics are in the album my cousin created last year. All of the pics I put in the album I created are there.
    You should be able to delete those you put in the album, but not those your cousin added. Your cousin would have to delete those.
    08-05-2020 11:56 AM
    You should be able to delete those you put in the album, but not those your cousin added. Your cousin would have to delete those.
    I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but the trashcan at the bottom isn’t even in the album my cousin created last year (yesterday at some point I was able to “select all” and it makes you think you were deleting them but for some reason it didn’t) so I can’t delete the pictures out of his album but the trashcan it is in my album. it’s not a big deal but I just wonder what the problem is. I’ve never had this problem before
    08-05-2020 12:35 PM
    Do you have other shared albums? I’m just thinking that because your cousin started the album that you can only delete pictures that you have submitted to the album. And perhaps that’s why you don’t see a trashcan in the album your cousin started. I’m just thinking this through and trying to figure it out!
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    08-05-2020 01:31 PM
    Do you have other shared albums? I’m just thinking that because your cousin started the album that you can only delete pictures that you have submitted to the album. And perhaps that’s why you don’t see a trashcan in the album your cousin started. I’m just thinking this through and trying to figure it out!
    Yes I have other albums
    08-05-2020 02:01 PM
    I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but the trashcan at the bottom isn’t even in the album my cousin created last year (yesterday at some point I was able to “select all” and it makes you think you were deleting them but for some reason it didn’t) so I can’t delete the pictures out of his album but the trashcan it is in my album. it’s not a big deal but I just wonder what the problem is. I’ve never had this problem before
    Go back and read what I have said. The photos your cousin put in an album can only be deleted by your cousin. So, you don't see a trash can, but he does. It's not just your album. It's a shared album.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-06-2020 03:00 PM
    My cousin lives in another state. I haven't asked. I just know I can't delete the pics
    08-06-2020 03:11 PM
    My cousin lives in another state. I haven't asked. I just know I can't delete the pics
    Doesn’t matter how far away you are. If you share an album on iOS, then you can only delete photos you add to the album. If if bothers you that much, send your cousin a text message, and ask him if he'll delete the photos.
    08-06-2020 09:46 PM
    Another weird thing is, I just texted my cousin and they aren’t in his phone (as he just sent me a screenshot) but they are mine and two other family members. it’s not a big deal just want to know why

He said he’s going to remove me and then add me back
    08-06-2020 09:56 PM
    sorry for all the responses. he did end up saying that some of the pics DID show up on his. It looks like all is good now. Do you think he just added some to the album and not even know he did?
    08-06-2020 10:18 PM
    It’s anyone’s guess what happened! Either way, I’m glad everything has worked out!
    08-06-2020 10:34 PM