Hi folks. I have over 50 gigs of photos backed up to OneDrive. I’ve got Office 365 Personal subscription and I’m pretty happy with it.

However, OneDrive doesn’t support Live Photos. I’m starting to accumulate a hefty amount of iPhone storage preserving the photos on my iPhone. Is it possible to offload the Live Photo’s to iCloud and remove them from the phone? How do you guys store your Live Photos?
    Karen S Freeman likes this.
    06-08-2019 08:39 AM
    I convert mine to video, then upload to Box and Dropbox. There's an app for that. I can then save the video back to camera roll, and convert back to live photo if need be. There's an app for that too. LOL
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-08-2019 08:49 AM
    I convert mine to video, then upload to Box and Dropbox. There's an app for that. I can then save the video back to camera roll, and convert back to live photo if need be. There's an app for that too. LOL
    Lol. Thanks but maybe there’s another less convoluted way of doing this? I wish Apple would do something about this.
    06-08-2019 09:20 AM
    Lol. Thanks but maybe there’s another less convoluted way of doing this? I wish Apple would do something about this.
    There's really nothing to do anything about. This is the way is was designed to work.

However, this is what I do. I have a folder named My iCloud Photos in the Files app. I go into my iCloud photos app and select all the ones I want to move. Then export them to said folder and delete them from the Photos app. Images arw now gone from Photos but are still in my custom folder. Works great.
    06-08-2019 03:01 PM
    There's really nothing to do anything about. This is the way is was designed to work.

However, this is what I do. I have a folder named My iCloud Photos in the Files app. I go into my iCloud photos app and select all the ones I want to move. Then export them to said folder and delete them from the Photos app. Images arw now gone from Photos but are still in my custom folder. Works great.
    Yes this is something I thought about recently. It worked alright for normal photos but Live Photos lose their format and when I exported back to my photos app they turned up as static images. This is what annoys me. I can already store static photos to OneDrive so without Live Photo support iCloud isn’t offering anything new.
    06-09-2019 03:48 AM
    Yes this is something I thought about recently. It worked alright for normal photos but Live Photos lose their format and when I exported back to my photos app they turned up as static images. This is what annoys me. I can already store static photos to OneDrive so without Live Photo support iCloud isn’t offering anything new.
    Here's a solution I found. Seems to work for this user.
    iwicked and Annie_8plus like this.
    06-17-2019 09:38 AM
    Here's a solution I found. Seems to work for this user.
    [IMG=1242x901]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190617/38569ebf4769f6fd6964c548d6363b4e.jpg[/url]
    Thanks Led for sharing this. Although not as simple as uploading to the cloud, perhaps this will help until Microsoft finally delivers.
    06-17-2019 09:43 AM
    I was just reading this article posted this morning on iMore about Live Photos. One of the topics in the article was how to create a GIF from a live photo. I'm not sure that's the perfect solution for you, but in case you're interested, here's a link to that story: https://www.imore.com/live-photos
    Karen S Freeman and iwicked like this.
    06-18-2019 09:05 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3144082

I bought the 256 gig version of this a few months ago and it works great. Very useful when I'm in the woods on a photo shoot and no LTE signal, so I use this to backup all my photos just in case the inevitable happens.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-18-2019 09:21 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3144084

I bought the 256 gig version of this a few months ago and it works great. Very useful when I'm in the woods on a photo shoot and no LTE signal, so I use this to backup all my photos just in case the inevitable happens.
    Thanks for sharing this - will definitely check it out!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    06-18-2019 09:28 AM
    I was just reading this article posted this morning on iMore about Live Photos. One of the topics in the article was how to create a GIF from a live photo. I'm not sure that's the perfect solution for you, but in case you're interested, here's a link to that story: https://www.imore.com/live-photos
    Thank you for sharing. I’ve considered GIF before but it loses colours and sound. So I’m not too keen on this option.
    Annie_8plus and Lee_Bo like this.
    06-18-2019 09:29 AM
    Thank you for sharing. I’ve considered GIF before but it loses colours and sound. So I’m not too keen on this option.
    I completely understand that. Hopefully, another solution will be found!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    06-18-2019 10:06 AM
    Works better to convert a live photo to video.
    06-19-2019 03:43 PM