What do you think are the best and worst Apple products of the iPhone era?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rene,

I'm wondering what you think are the best and worst Apple devices of the iPhone era. Not accessories, but computing devices, like the iPhone, iPad, computers, even the Apple watch. Which was your favorite? What do you think was the biggest miss-step?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Here's my votes....

Best: Apple Watch (Now I KNOW it will get some worst votes, and that it's not for everyone, BUT I love mine! News, and other notifications on my wrist, music controls, weather at a glance, incredible GPS services, AND I can take calls in a pinch!)

Worst: iPod Shuffle (Why? Just use your phone it supports music playback better anyways. It has no screen, get an iPod Nano, or Touch!)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Best: iPhone. It was revolutionary. It literally transformed how we communicate. Today, it's still my favorite—and most used—device.

Worst: I have to agree with the previous votes for iPod Shuffle. What garbage!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Best: iPhone. It was revolutionary. It literally transformed how we communicate. Today, it's still my favorite—and most used—device.

Worst: I have to agree with the previous votes for iPod Shuffle. What garbage!

My thoughts exactly. Without the phone, are we really even here?

Shuffle - I hate random music for the most part, I like to have some control over what's being played. If I do put it on random, eventually I get tired of it and switch it up.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Shuffle - I hate random music for the most part, I like to have some control over what's being played. If I do put it on random, eventually I get tired of it and switch it up.

True story. I don't necessarily mind shuffling music but I'd like to at least have a say in the matter.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Despite all the complaining about a lack of power, I love my MacBook w/retina. I don't do a lot of photo video editing. It turns on fast, shuts down fast and does everything I need without fail every time. The MacBook is small and light, and the battery is sufficient as well.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Best is the iPhone. Changed the mobile industry.

Worst (of the products I've owned) is the series 0 Apple Watch. For the price, it was not ready for prime time in my opinion. I liked my Pebble Time better. It was more reliable and apps actually loaded and didn't crash. Series 2 is much better but I was not at all impressed with series 0.

Never owned a shuffle and based on what I'm reading, glad I didn't.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hi Rene,

I'm wondering what you think are the best and worst Apple devices of the iPhone era. Not accessories, but computing devices, like the iPhone, iPad, computers, even the Apple watch. Which was your favorite? What do you think was the biggest miss-step?

In hindsight, iPad 3 was one of the worst devices in recent history. Yes, it got Retina to iPad, but the chipset could barely handle it and it ended up contraining developers for years. It's not wonder Apple replaced it in 6 months.

iPhone 7 Plus is one of the best. Not only does it do everything my old iPhone did, but it's water resistent and takes photos well enough I don't have to carry my DSLR with me any more.

Apple Watch, especially Series 2, is also amazing.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ooh, thats a nice question!

Best product for me would have to be the iPhone. Just the way in which they did a complete design overhaul and got rid of something (the keyboard) that was up till that point, the only way to input information into the phone. So i think that was awesome. With the introduction of 3-D touch, i think this was the next revolutionary step. Including pressure sensitivity allowed for so many new things. The one thing i saw was an app that allowed you to weigh things on the screen haha! Not sure how well it worked but still a nice idea.

and now for the worst product, i think it has to go to the 12" Inch Macbook. I personally feel, having a single port creates so many frustrations and makes life more difficult. Then the keyboard wasn't very great to type on. Almost no travel. Then we came to the webcam and with 480p resolution, it just wasn't good enough. I mean a Macbook Pro from 2010 had a batter camera lol. Then lastly the price. I think this was the worst value for money in a product. You paid a huge premium for "thin and light" but lost so much performance. The maxed out version for $1,749.00 with a Core M7 processor just isn't good value for money.

To be honest, i think the 12"Inch Macbook has been the only Product Apple has made that i truly didn't like. Everything else I've been pretty happy with :D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, primarily using iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches with some iPods sprinkled in I'd say the worst is the iPod shuffle. Not a good idea. My best is definitely the iPhone 7 Plus!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW