Time Lapse photos to Camera Roll... Possible??

elgrayso

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a time lapse app that saves its photos to the camera roll (saving done in real time or as it takes them, or within a few minutes of taking them).

The reason is I have my camera roll set to sync with my Dropbox; this way I can put my iphone on the roof and see the time lapse photos from my desktop computer (by seeing the updated images in the Dropbox "Camera Uploads" folder).
I have tried many apps so far and none can do this simple task.
The apps I have tried want to string together a video output and not give you the images themselves. The apps that do take actual sequential photos hide them within that particular app and dropbox cant reach them, or make you export the images after you are finished with the time lapse.

Half a day (and many app purchases) later, I still have yet to find a time lapse app that does the very basics of taking photos and saving them to the camera roll.

Dorknight

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hyperlapse is the best time lapse app hands down. I even use it for normal video because of how good their image stabilization is. They basically record at 1080p, and record your phones gyroscope data. Then they use that data and render the video to 720p, and move the image around based on the data. So it's like a padding,crop area. It's genius.

Anyway check it out: Hyperlapse from Instagram by Instagram, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/L7BhS.i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elgrayso

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
but can you set Hyperlapse to save frame-by-frame photos to the camera roll?
I don't want to render the video, as I mentioned in my question

elgrayso

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I just found one called "Security Cam" (super expensive, $10), but it does time lapse and syncs to the dropbox. Dropbox sync is ultimately what I want, but I figured saving to the Camera Roll would be a more common feature so that's why it's in my question title. (I can always sync my Camera Roll with my Dropbox anyways).

So the good news is that my simple idea is possible on the iPhone.
The bad news is that "Security Cam" is a rather poor quality app. Very low quality images and no options for standard quality, among other issues.

Dorknight

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hyperlapse lets you save to Camera Roll too. You can control the speed you want. So if you want every frame you can save it as 1x speed. Then edit in your camera roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elgrayso

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
I just tried hyperlapse. Unless I missed something, It seemed to only have a camera roll options when you are finished with the time lapse.
i need it to save photos to camera roll as it takes them (or within a few minutes). The idea is that I wont have to climb up on the roof to see the latest photo. If I need to manually export photos from the app, I won't be able to monitor the latest photos on my dropbox and I would have to keep climbing up on the roof.

Basically I need a physical robotic hand that will physically press the button on the iPhone camera to take the picture every minute. Or hire a small child to do that task.
It's amazing that there isn't an app that does this very basic function :-/

dileeprajam

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am also looking for exporting the Lapse It frames directly to camera roll. Is there a way to do it? or is there any other app that does this functionality in Iphone?

thanks,
-Dileep

YonderShore

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi elgrayso,

I have same question: Looking for an intervalometer app that takes an iPhone JPEG and then immediately and automatically transfers it (one by one) to the apple photo roll. All these time-lapse apps will only transfer batches of JPEGS to apple photo after the time-lapse photo app quits.

I would be curious to know if you found a solution?

I also tried or bought about 10 apps, to no avail.

ProCamera ($5) was closest, nice app but only transferred JPEG in batches after it finished.

I couldn't get Security Cam to work with my dropbox, but Security Cam would manually transfer JPEG (had to select it) to apple photo roll (in batches, after it quit).

iLapse and TimeLapse would transfer JPEG to apple photo roll in batches after exit (not while shooting).

The following would not transfer individual JPEGS to apple photo roll at all (they export videos only): PicItEasy, OSnap!, Lapse It, Skyflow, iMotion, nor the dang Apple Camera Timelapse

Last edited:

BruceInPerth

Apr 5, 2019
Visit site
Probably too late to respond to this, but for anyone that looks for an answer, I found an app called 'Skyflow' that does the job and you can export your shots/frames in an image format (e.g. JPEG). Please note I did this with iPhone and with a Windows computer. The photos go to iTunes and you can access them through iTunes-obviously you need to install iTunes on Windows, connect you iPhone to your computer and access the 'File sharing', go to the 'Skyflow' app, from there and save the folder to your computer. The link to use 'File sharing' on iTunes: https://youtu.be/kRF3lBqSOJA.
I hope it helps.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Probably too late to respond to this, but for anyone that looks for an answer, I found an app called 'Skyflow' that does the job and you can export your shots/frames in an image format (e.g. JPEG). Please note I did this with iPhone and with a Windows computer. The photos go to iTunes and you can access them through iTunes-obviously you need to install iTunes on Windows, connect you iPhone to your computer and access the 'File sharing', go to the 'Skyflow' app, from there and save the folder to your computer. The link to use 'File sharing' on iTunes: https://youtu.be/kRF3lBqSOJA.
I hope it helps.

Better late than never! This seems like a great app! Thanks for sharing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal