Post the very last (most recent) photo in your camera roll.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
0b2e371fee0894dc80d9d57808807055.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m vegan & I love that there are more products for those folks that don’t know how or want to make their own. Not everyone can tolerate eggs & dairy.

It is a good thing that there are more products available for people who have dietary needs... and for those who are vegan. I grimaced because I love mayonnaise... and I can't begin to imagine what it would taste like. I have a cousin who cannot eat egg whites at all. So this might be a good option for her. Have you tried vegan mayonnaise? If so, what did it taste like?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It is a good thing that there are more products available for people who have dietary needs... and for those who are vegan. I grimaced because I love mayonnaise... and I can't begin to imagine what it would taste like. I have a cousin who cannot eat egg whites at all. So this might be a good option for her. Have you tried vegan mayonnaise? If so, what did it taste like?

I use to love mayo but I didn’t use it much. I recently tried a vegan mayo at shake shake & it was quite amazing. I think the eggs are only there to give it a thicker/whipped texture.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I use to love mayo but I didn’t use it much. I recently tried a vegan mayo at shake shake & it was quite amazing. I think the eggs are only there to give it a thicker/whipped texture.

Not to get off topic, but yeah the egg in mayo is just used as an emulsifier to help the oil turn into that creamy consistency (and maybe to hold it). I'm sure it adds some flavor as well, but it's more like when you add mustard to oil/etc. when making a dressing. So if you find something else that can act as an emulsifier you can make mayo without the egg.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox